WANTED 95 D-90 Wagon - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old November 5th, 2012, 04:53 PM
zeusdavis
Jeff Davis
95 D90 ST 2006/3000

Registry
It all comes down to personal preference. A defender is an emotional buy in which value cannot be broken down into a spreadsheet. I may get slapped saying this but you can buy a tricked out wrangler that is just as capable as a defender for thousands less. BUT, you'll look better and feel a lot cooler on the trails and as you watch heads turn when you drive around Cherry Creek and have the valet leave your "collector's car" out in front of the restaurant.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 5th, 2012, 10:21 PM
Arcadeus
Mark Bichin
97 NAS Station Wagon LE

Registry
Well said... I bought a defender because I wanted something with character.
Old November 6th, 2012, 07:47 AM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeusdavis View Post
It all comes down to personal preference. A defender is an emotional buy in which value cannot be broken down into a spreadsheet. I may get slapped saying this but you can buy a tricked out wrangler that is just as capable as a defender for thousands less. BUT, you'll look better and feel a lot cooler on the trails and as you watch heads turn when you drive around Cherry Creek and have the valet leave your "collector's car" out in front of the restaurant.
Mainly because your valet can't drive stick ...
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 6th, 2012, 08:10 AM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
I got a defender because I wanted the best, I bought a Range Rover bc I wanted power windows and cruise control. I drive a Honda civic. I think there are Rover owners that don't buy to boost their egos, most do.
Old November 6th, 2012, 07:29 PM
WeBeCinYa
WeBeCinYa
94 ST #84

Registry
Well I have to say I want a Defender because there is nothing else in the NA market on the road that looks as classic as time goes on. That being said I want to broaden my search to include ST's. I was able to meet up with forum member zeusdavis yesterday here in Denver and check out his 95 ST. Jeff was nice enough to let me drive his 90 and it only made me want a 90 more. I still need to sell my TR4 before I can make a move so I am getting serious on that part so hopefully I can find a buyer, would also be interested in trading with cash for a 90. Please send any leads you may have, and thanks again for the great advice sent my way thus far.

Matt
Old November 13th, 2012, 11:24 AM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
95sw

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBeCinYa View Post
Hello all,

I have been in love with the D-90 since I first saw it in movies in the late 90s, I've wanted one ever since. Now that I have the resources to buy a D-90, I am on the search. I know that I would rather have a 1995 wagon, but I am open to a 94 POE or soft top model. I really don't have an interest in the 97's being that these were automatics and I prefer a manual tranny.
I currently live in Denver, and there are not many at all for sale out this way (other than ebay and the ones that have ridiculous prices that never sell). I decided to join this forum with hopes of connecting with a seller and using the vast amount of knowledge available on D-90s.

Does anyone know of a 95 Wagon for sale or might be down the road? I am in no rush as I am also trying to clean out a space in my garage, I have a 1967 Triumph TR4-A for sale.

Any help or leads would be greatly appreciated and thank you for your time!

Matt
Matt, in case this happens to be up your alley, here is a 95SW that sustained some front end damage but certainly repairable. Outside of the front end damage the truck is in great condition inside and out. Mileage is in the 150K range. The owner is selling for $15k as is. Owner is firm on price.

I took more pix but they didn't turn out. There's nothing to hide so I'll take more and get them to you if you are real interested.

Clay
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	60850   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo2.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	60851  

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	60852   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo4.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	60853  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old November 15th, 2012, 01:16 PM
WeBeCinYa
WeBeCinYa
94 ST #84

Registry
Thanks Clay for the heads up on this Wagon. This may be more than I look to take on at the time. I am still looking for a 95 SW or ST, and hope to have my Triumph sold soon.
Old November 19th, 2012, 04:55 AM
Kelbo
Kelly
'86 110

Registry
PM sent.

Kelbo
Old November 21st, 2012, 12:17 PM
DOX
Eric Doxey
1995 Defender 90

Registry
So much for white station wagon's being the most common and yellow ones rare
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	yellow.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	61326  
Old November 21st, 2012, 12:23 PM
ArmyRover
Bill Ski
83 110 "Frankenstein"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsD90 View Post
Not a luxury for me, all 3 of my cars are stick! But most of the rest of the incompetent fools here require it as Phillip says:

Exactly!
I look at the manual trans in the 110 and carb setup as a theft deterrent. 90% of the chuckle heads around here have no clue how to drive a manual.

Unknown Author

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
716-898-8153
Old November 22nd, 2012, 12:47 PM
WeBeCinYa
WeBeCinYa
94 ST #84

Registry
Anyone have any idea where Stephen at Adventure Motor Cars is getting his D90's? He has 2 new ones up on ebay, and he has more coming in supposedly. It seems he is buying them at low to mid 20s maybe, cleaning/fixing them up, then asking 29k-33k. I would like to find one and do the cleaning/fixing up myself and spend the extra $ over time. Thoughts?
1991 Range Rover Classic (sold)
1995 Range Rover Classic (sold)
2006 LR3 SE (sold)
Old November 22nd, 2012, 12:53 PM
JohnsD90
John
74 SIII 88", 88 110, 91 110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBeCinYa View Post
Anyone have any idea where Stephen at Adventure Motor Cars is getting his D90's? He has 2 new ones up on ebay, and he has more coming in supposedly. It seems he is buying them at low to mid 20s maybe, cleaning/fixing them up, then asking 29k-33k. I would like to find one and do the cleaning/fixing up myself and spend the extra $ over time. Thoughts?
Craigslist, this forum, cars.com, auto trader, driving around looking. I found one, Leastonce found a few and bought one, they are out there, the reason those dealers do the up charge is so they can make money and because they did the search. You can pay for the convenience or go out and find one yourself through the sites i gave.
Old November 22nd, 2012, 01:40 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
People trash Craigslist, but by far the best deals are found on there if you take your time and search local and anywhere else in the US, and this forum. newyork.craigslist.org, chicago.craigslist.org, orlando.craigslist.org, etc. or search tempest, but I don't use that.

They buy a lot of their trucks without seeing them first, and they have cash on hand, so you'll have to be at least fairly quick in order to get a "screaming deal" as some people think they're getting when they buy a rusted D90 in the teens.
Old November 22nd, 2012, 03:45 PM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Stay away from exchange an mart!
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
90, 95, d-90, wanted