value calculator for imported 110/90 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old January 8th, 2012, 03:19 PM
'84 CSW 90 '74 NADA III '97 CSW 110
value calculator for imported 110/90

If I have posted this in the wrong section I apologise. Everyone values their truck or trucks they look at differently. With all of the (in my opinion) highly overpriced import trucks coming to the market in the last 4-5 years I am curious how others value these vehicles. For instance what would the following items add or detract from a vehicles value.

1. Original vin stamped unwelded and does not need welding chassis. VS. Galvy or VS. an original but welded/repaired (in any form) chassis.
2. Original LHD VS. a RHD or a RHD swapped to LHD.
3. Original unwelded bulkhead VS. a repaired one.
4. Power steering.
5. Original style (by year of manufacture) doors VS. replacement.
6. Original engine VS. replacement,
If replaced 200disco Vs. defender 200tdi Vs. 300tdi.
7. Original interior VS. replacement.

I am just curious what others think about these items and how some people decide a value for their vehicles. Seems to me some of the sellers out there pay too much for their trucks from the get go and price their vehicles based on what they have into them ( which has nothing to do with their actual value). I look foreward to seeing what others think about this.

Patches are for Pirates and pants, not a bulkhead and chassis!
Old January 8th, 2012, 03:23 PM
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team
Original versus replaced does not seem to matter in the Defender community except for the NAS models. It is more open the quality of the work and the condition of the vehicle.

Old January 8th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Skeena river rover
1997 300 TDI 110
I think it depends on the condition of the car. I prefer a original car with no work done on it. So you know what you get, and getting into. I have seen manny welded chassis etc and they mask one problem with the next problem. So when you start working on these cars it will cost you a lot of money to get it fixed. But if you have no comparison to see a good car from a bad one it is tough to value the real price. I lived in Europe most of my life and i have seen manny defenders old and young ones, and they all share the same problem's! foot wells, bulk head, doors and some chassis parts. So personally a original defender with minimum rust and in good condition will bring top dollar. A defender built with a disco tdi with lhd conversion etc is less worth, ( in my book) but costs more to built! But the thing is baggers can't be choosers. There are just a view good 110 on the market and there is a lot of interest for them! And not just in the US!

just my opinion.
Old January 8th, 2012, 06:38 PM
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi
IMO, the Defender is no different than any other unique purchase in life; at the end of the day it's about supply and demand. There's no other/better way to put it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

110, 90, import