Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu454
Watch it, Scott.

I'll kick your ass.
Stu,

You will have to pack a lunch and a flashlight... It might take a while.

Old December 17th, 2009, 10:45 AM
stu454
Stu
2007 LR3

I know how you feel
Advertisement

Old December 17th, 2009, 10:54 AM
jimmy salmon
jimmy salmon
94 D90 AA Yellow

His profile makes him just under 11 yrs old
Birthday:
February 18, 1999
Name:
rick
Rover #1:
landrover

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old December 17th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Cred
Clarence
1994 D90 #1057

Registry
This thread is priceless! To darn funny!
Old December 17th, 2009, 11:40 AM
bstraw
Byron Straw
1994 POE/ST

We are overlooking something here. I vote to bring Departing 90 (Sasha) back to shed the light!
Old December 17th, 2009, 12:09 PM
thewap
Marc
'95 D90 SW#106

Registry
I'm a Millionar ma six mamas wil woop yur buttacks! ( Mormon?)
Old December 17th, 2009, 01:05 PM
CDN90
Tim
94 / D90 #79

I wouldn't get bothered by someone who 'launches off' online, it's the quiet ones i worry about!!!

Like Horsey Boy!!! One day he is going to snap and i believe we will all be in trouble...
Old December 17th, 2009, 01:55 PM
TravelerBT
Philip Marshall
none - :*(

Registry
Are we going to start measuring our Dicks here??! Please no pictures .... PLEASE
Old December 17th, 2009, 09:06 PM
rovertrader
Dale
Tithonus 110, D-90, 109 S/T 5-door

My little brother (6'-7") had a fella threaten him over the phone once, who said the same, I'll kick... my brother's response:"you gotta pencil? Here are directions- come on over".
The good news is these threads bring everyone out who has been silent for a while- how is Byron and the POE?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old December 18th, 2009, 05:16 PM
nykx
nick
1995 black #2456. 1994 yellow #922

priceless...
good laughs are hard to find these days!
Old December 18th, 2009, 06:38 PM
mightymg
Lane Farka
97 D90, 05 LR3, 95 RRC LWB

I made some phone calls today to a few buddies of mine that work in centerville, very close to harrison imports, and they know many of them, and have for years... They are a very legit company, with very good cred. there must have been more to the story we never got originally. the defender in question, was actually just wrenched on at the dealership a week ago.. anyways glad its all figured out now.

95 RRC LWB-- DD
97 D90 37 " krawlers, coilovers, beadlocks, stretched
05 LR3 - Mamas/ tow rig

- Moab rally vids 2010
Old December 29th, 2009, 11:40 PM
Panerai_Pete
SW. Snow
1996 Disco XD

This is one of the more interesting post I have read in a while. I say interesting on a couple different levels! 1st. This guy didn't provide enough information to really determine whether his story was valid or not? I find that when you hear a story like this, that only about 70% of it is true, Bad spelling or not! I say that only 70% is true is because there is no real list of what really happened, we have no idea what the steps that were taken to resolve this issue prior to this post or not? 2nd. There was some confusion as to what it was he was trying to say, some of this may be due to the fact that he was worked up over the entire deal. I know I would be if someone just sold out my truck with out me knowing....

Lastly, so what if this guy doesn't spell correctly? I grew up in a Manufacturing Family, my brothers and my Father are all "Engineers". I am the only one that stayed away from all of that, and to be honest all of my brothers as well as my Fathers who all make a very comfortable living suck at typing, as well as grammatical structure. So to say that this guy is telling a lie just because he has issues with his diction is a bit silly. IMHO! However, saying that you are going to fly somewhere and kick someone's ass is about par for some of the people that I have met in the Manufacturing Business. These guys are great with numbers, but manners and diplomacy are things that are that have never really been taught along with numbers and working on Machinery. The reality is, these guys are in a different world, almost like high school? But it has nothing to do with their ability to make money. If you don't believe me take an hour or so and look at the book "The Millionaire Next Door". Not everyone that can go out and buy a new Range Rover or a New Porsche has to be educated at a major University, not do they usually take the time to learn something that will not make them any money. All I am really saying is that I grew up in a Family of people like that and I was a Financial Advisor for 13 years, and you know where my biggest clients came from.....Middle Class Blue Collar people who have worked their ass off at one job their whole life, and all they know is their one job!

And for the record, I am just a semi retired Real Estate Broker, with a BA in Philosophy.
Old December 30th, 2009, 09:40 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
SW. Snow, people think the bullshit flag is flying when they see spelling and grammar like in the example this thread has provided, because most of us have been preexposed to the spelling and grammar from people asking if they can send us a check for more than the book amount of our car if we Western Union the difference back. It all boils down to most people take you about as serious as you present yourself, and when your words and grammar structure are all that represent you (like on a forum), the audience takes those words as seriously as they present themselves.
Old January 4th, 2010, 11:11 PM
Panerai_Pete
SW. Snow
1996 Disco XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho
SW. Snow, people think the bullshit flag is flying when they see spelling and grammar like in the example this thread has provided, because most of us have been preexposed to the spelling and grammar from people asking if they can send us a check for more than the book amount of our car if we Western Union the difference back. It all boils down to most people take you about as serious as you present yourself, and when your words and grammar structure are all that represent you (like on a forum), the audience takes those words as seriously as they present themselves.

rijosho, I agree with you 100% if this guy was really serious about what he was trying to do, he should have at least taken the time to have someone read the "wacked" out letter first, that way it might come out plausible?

I had an experience with some clown like that about a year or so ago when I sold a Hot Tub on Craig's list. It was quite funny actually, the call came from Colorado, the check from Ohio, and the Tub was going to be shipped to someplace in Ontario Canada. Of course the deal never went thru because I checked with my Attorney, and he said that there was no way he would cash that check. Once you cash it you are responsible for the money. (I still have the check, the guy made it out for almost $2000 more then what I was asking the tub? But after doing some research, it all became clear as to what was going on!)

I was just trying to make the point that just because he spells like he was in 6th grade, doesn't mean that there might not be any validity to his story or that he may be lying about his cash flow situation? (Shouldn't he just talk with his Attorney first? Rather then come here?) However, as you said he did with out a doubt have the BS Flag flying high proud! It is really difficult to figure out what or who you are dealing with on these boards, but, since I haven't read this little tale since my last post, I do not remember if the guy was asking for anything from anyone here? Wasn't he basically just defaming the company that "Supposedly sold his truck for him?

I think it would have been interesting to see if he had taken the time to fly to where ever it was that he threatened the guy from this board. Usually people who yell the loudest just want to be heard, not really fight. An ass kicking is an ass kicking and there are plenty of people that will still do it, so it would have been an interesting story to hear what happened when the guy got off the plane? lol
Old January 7th, 2010, 10:16 PM
cdb
Clark Bowen
1969 Series 2a/OM617 Bugeye 88"

He wasn't upset that I questioned his spelling, honesty, and mental stability. He was foaming-at-the-mouth angry because I wrote that I doubted if he could afford those cars.
Someone earlier mentioned that they are a financial advisor and that they have seen this type of grammar/spelling/etc. from millionaires. That hasn't been my experience and I've been a stockbroker since 1969.
I spoke with him for about 15 minutes and he has some serious problems, to the point that it was believable he could coming looking for me. I am very easy to find.
He then took to creating slanderous lies that he posted (and JimC fortunately removed) on this board. All of this because I questioned his ability to buy the cars.
It is easy to be glib and say that the big talkers never act - that is usually true - but psychos do.
From my phone conversation with him, it was unclear how far he would go, but he was obviously mentally and emotionally unstable and I didn't want to test my wife's or my fate.

BTW the trucking business is his father's

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles