Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old December 8th, 2009, 10:22 PM
Bozman
Greg
1991 200tdi D90

Registry
TRADE: My 110 for your 90

Just throwing this out there to see if there is any interest.

I sold my 90, bought this 110, and now I want a 90 back. Can you say seller's and buyer's remorse?

YOUR 90:
- Any year (prefer '97)
- Any top (prefer soft top)
- Any color (prefer shades of green)
- Any mileage.
- I plan on wheeling it.

MY 110:
- 1987 110, imported back in the 90's, I bought it from a guy in in Louisiana (that's right, it's gray market)
- 200tdi, installed by George at RDS 30k miles ago.
- Left Hand Drive
- OME HD springs, retainers
- Actual G4 roof rack
- Rusty doors, and rear crossmember (I will include a new galvanized rear crossmember)
- I would value it at around $24k, so I am looking for a fair exchange.
- I want to keep the rims/tires, front bumper, and a few other bits. An exchange of those parts is requested. Just give me 10 minutes in the parking lot!

Thanks, hope this isn't too complicated.
Greg
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0774_2.jpg
Views:	573
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	23542  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 8th, 2009, 10:29 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Was the motor installed by George or installed in George's shop? Was this truck the one that went through a couple 2.5 Diesel Turbo motors before the owner gave up and put the 200 in it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old December 8th, 2009, 10:35 PM
Bozman
Greg
1991 200tdi D90

Registry
Jim,

I spoke to George before I bought it at the beginning of last summer, he said he installed it. I don't know if that meant he did or his shop did. I have never heard that it went through any engines before the 200tdi was installed. I can confirm that the original engine was indeed a 2.5 turbo diesel.

I would HIGHLY recommend anyone interested should look at this first. Like most 110s it has some issues (rusty doors, rear crossmember mainly) but I would consider it to have "good skin and bones" and it is mechanically sound, IMHO.

Hope that helps.

Greg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 8th, 2009, 10:41 PM
bharris
Brad Harris
1994 d90 300tdi "Nola"

holy crap that's tempting...
Old December 8th, 2009, 10:47 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Yeah, a good truck for someone for sure, 110 with desirable motor, you can just run it and not worry about converting it in the near term.

This looks like the truck in which George was helping the owner replace the 2.5 Diesel turbo, a shop had botched the rebuild so maybe that motor got tossed in favor of the 200. I think the owner was nearing the end of his patience, so maybe George got it all buttoned up.

Old December 8th, 2009, 11:06 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Hmm... Interested in talking about trading for this one?
http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=14603

Do you have more pics and details you could email me please

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozman
- I want to keep the rims/tires, front bumper, and a few other bits. An exchange of those parts is requested. Just give me 10 minutes in the parking lot!
Sounds reasonable since I like my tires/rims and sg bumper. The only other thing I would like to keep is my corbeau seats (they kind of have a personal meaning)

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old December 9th, 2009, 01:17 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

It is a nice looking truck. Mind I ask what you don't like about having a 110? Why you want a 90 again? I can tell you from having both the 110 is definitely the more time consuming and more annoying to maintain.
Old December 9th, 2009, 07:02 AM
Bozman
Greg
1991 200tdi D90

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvonc
Hmm... Interested in talking about trading for this one?
http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=14603

Do you have more pics and details you could email me please

Follow-up Post:

Sounds reasonable since I like my tires/rims and sg bumper. The only other thing I would like to keep is my corbeau seats (they kind of have a personal meaning)
Chris,

I will send you a PM. I can snap some more pics today and post them. I think we are close.

Greg

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf
It is a nice looking truck. Mind I ask what you don't like about having a 110? Why you want a 90 again? I can tell you from having both the 110 is definitely the more time consuming and more annoying to maintain.
Barry,

I thought I needed the extra seats that a 110 offers, but I don't. I like the shorter wheelbase offroad, and it fits better in my garage. I thought the answer would be have a Series 88 and a 110, but in the end a 90 will fill both roles quite nicely, again.

Greg
Old December 9th, 2009, 07:37 AM
pmd
Paul Dandini
None :-(

Any interst in a 91 ExMOD - ready to wheel?
Old December 9th, 2009, 08:16 AM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Sad to see this happen, but I have seen this truck and it would be a good exchange.
Old December 9th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Bozman
Greg
1991 200tdi D90

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalpin
Sad to see this happen, but I have seen this truck and it would be a good exchange.
Hey Charles,

Ideally I would keep the 110, and the Series, and have a 90. That is not going to happen, so I think a 90 will be the best overall compromise, again. Of course, 6 months from now I may be doing the same thing all over again. You probably know better than anyone that I have some serious car-buy-sell issues

Sad. I know.
Old December 9th, 2009, 08:43 AM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Hey nothing wrong with rotating through them. My issues are probably worse - I can't let go of them!
Old December 9th, 2009, 08:59 AM
ron
Ron
1994 NAS Defender 90

Greg you should look at Pauls 90.

Its rust free and has multiple tops.
Old December 9th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Bozman
Greg
1991 200tdi D90

Registry
Ron,

I am really looking to trade, so he would need to be on board with the idea. Where can I find info on Paul's truck?
Old December 9th, 2009, 09:38 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmd
Any interst in a 91 ExMOD - ready to wheel?
Its this one - and its localish. I've seen it, it is a pretty tidy truck. I mean, its not AA Yellow or anything, but its very nice!

Old December 9th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Bozman
Greg
1991 200tdi D90

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
Its this one - and its localish. I've seen it, it is a pretty tidy truck. I mean, its not AA Yellow or anything, but its very nice!
Cool, thanks Jim.

Some additional info . . .

I took some pics this morning and posted them here: http://web.me.com/gboshart/Site/Photos.html#10. The pictures make the truck look worse than it really is, but it is what it is.

I have it registered here in Vermont, just went to the DMV with the signed Louisiana title and it was no problem. They don't title vehicles older than 15 years in Vermont anyway, so I still have the Louisiana title, somewhere. I need to find that. It was no hassle at all, even insurance was easy through USAA. I would check with Texas first though, to be sure.

To be clear, this truck can be driven right now just fine. However, I would call this a project truck, as there are some rust issues with the doors, T-posts and rear crossmember. Mechanically, everything else is in good order. If I were keeping it, I would replace the rear crossmember, front doors, probably replace the hinges while doing the doors, replace the t-posts,

I have a set of lightly dented up new doors ('08) I bought off of ebay. I planned on un-skinning the new doors and re-skinning them with the original blue skins. I thought this would keep me from having to paint it, as I like the "patina" it has already. The middle doors can be patched and I don't think they need to be completely replaced.
Old December 9th, 2009, 09:50 AM
KevinNY
Kevin Buckley
1973 coiler

I wish I was in the market right now, it's a nice 110.
Old December 9th, 2009, 10:41 AM
pmd
Paul Dandini
None :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozman
Ron,

I am really looking to trade, so he would need to be on board with the idea. Where can I find info on Paul's truck?
e-mail sent...
Old December 10th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Marinerover
michael
1994 AA D90

Greg,
What do you want cash for the truck and keeping it in its current configuration? (the rims/tires, front bumper, and a few other bits). Email me what you want, mkrausej@gmail.com

Mike
Old December 10th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
I hope Greg don't mind ( as it is posted in there )

Mike, here is your answer

http://burlington.craigslist.org/cto/1499556381.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinerover
Greg,
What do you want cash for the truck and keeping it in its current configuration? (the rims/tires, front bumper, and a few other bits). Email me what you want, mkrausej@gmail.com

Mike

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
110, 90