thoughts on this anyone? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old June 9th, 2016, 11:45 AM
fastinjun's Avatar
fastinjun
Status: Offline
Mitch
None
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: torrance, calif.
Posts: 68
thoughts on this anyone?

I saw this post on ebay. What do you guys think? I see people bidding on other models but not this one. Is there something Im missing?
Land Rover Defender | eBay
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old June 9th, 2016, 11:53 AM
BlackField's Avatar
BlackField
Status: Offline
Oscar
D110
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,640
Interesting serpentine belt oh his "200"TDi. Thats a lot of 5bar on that truck, in places that people don't ordinarily have 5 bar. $25k might not be bad if the doors and frame end up decent... but I suspect those parts (and the bulkhead) aren't looking too hot. Only pictures will tell.
__________________
Lemmings as you know them are a Disney fabricated lie. The truth is out there.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old June 9th, 2016, 11:54 AM
Z.G's Avatar
Z.G
Status: Offline
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Burlington, VT
Posts: 4,680
Registry
Yes... I too like the "200" tdi in it. Seems like a good deal at that price
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old June 9th, 2016, 11:56 AM
tjfslaughter's Avatar
tjfslaughter
Status: Offline
thomas
Burbon
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NorthEast
Posts: 4,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z.G View Post
Yes... I too like the "200" tdi in it. Seems like a good deal at that price
looks like brandy new doors that even come with child locks
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old June 9th, 2016, 12:29 PM
AdamSanta85's Avatar
AdamSanta85
Status: Offline
Adam
91' D90 200TDI
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Sayville, NY
Posts: 1,524
Registry
He's lucky that thing didn't get send back where it came from.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old June 9th, 2016, 12:37 PM
Red90's Avatar
Red90
Status: Online
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Calgary
Posts: 9,241
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by st0k3d View Post
He's lucky that thing didn't get send back where it came from.
Probably a good reason to stay clear of it.
__________________
Pissing people off on the "net" since 1983.

Land Rover. Turning owners into mechanics since 1948.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old June 9th, 2016, 12:55 PM
LostChord's Avatar
LostChord
Status: Offline
Brian
86 D110 SW
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,313
Registry
his "200" doesn't look anything like mine

it's got a sweet headliner though

what happened to the bottom half of the steering column

that's a lot fiver bar covering stuff i'd like to see

maybe the suspension is that way on purpose
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old June 9th, 2016, 01:18 PM
Rocky's Avatar
Rocky
Status: Offline
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Colonies Aka Boston
Posts: 8,781
Adding vin for future searches SALLDHMB7FA428965
__________________
A friend of mine runs a land rover / range rover specialty repair shop. Based on his experience, they are capable of stopping anywhere, anytime, at any cost.

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old June 9th, 2016, 01:58 PM
fastinjun's Avatar
fastinjun
Status: Offline
Mitch
None
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: torrance, calif.
Posts: 68
It says clean florida title. Can this be licensed in California?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old June 9th, 2016, 02:03 PM
javelinadave
Status: Offline
-
-
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: -
Posts: 5,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastinjun View Post
Can this be licensed in California?
Really?
http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...now-59447.html
Why is it every spring we get a rush of noobs coming here and asking for permission as if somebody here can grant a waiver? If you are to lazy to read the thread or don't believe what is posted in it please buy an ROW diesel Defender and let us know how it turns out.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old June 9th, 2016, 02:17 PM
Nomar's Avatar
Nomar
Status: Online
Jeff B
RR HNTR,RR LWB Tdi
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Central,Virginia
Posts: 4,290
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastinjun View Post
It says clean florida title. Can this be licensed in California?
^ read Dave's link ^

but to answer your question... hell NO.


.
__________________


Real Rovers have round headlights!
Rent my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
Just a few miles from 4x4 access!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old June 9th, 2016, 03:03 PM
AdamSanta85's Avatar
AdamSanta85
Status: Offline
Adam
91' D90 200TDI
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Sayville, NY
Posts: 1,524
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelinadave View Post
Why is it every spring we get a rush of noobs coming here
Because everyone wants to own a Defender when it's nice out.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old June 9th, 2016, 03:36 PM
fastinjun's Avatar
fastinjun
Status: Offline
Mitch
None
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: torrance, calif.
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelinadave View Post
Really?
http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...now-59447.html
Why is it every spring we get a rush of noobs coming here and asking for permission as if somebody here can grant a waiver? If you are to lazy to read the thread or don't believe what is posted in it please buy an ROW diesel Defender and let us know how it turns out.
wow....newbie huh, Ive had a 2000 land rover 110 in spain since it was new. Not familiar with the laws here.....asshole
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old June 9th, 2016, 03:50 PM
javelinadave
Status: Offline
-
-
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: -
Posts: 5,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastinjun View Post
wow....newbie huh, Ive had a 2000 land rover 110 in spain since it was new. Not familiar with the laws here.....asshole
Lol! Name calling, very mature. Again all your answers lie in link I provided but then again you have posted in that thread a few times already. Good luck with your quest and please keep us posted on your experience.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old June 9th, 2016, 04:25 PM
LostChord's Avatar
LostChord
Status: Offline
Brian
86 D110 SW
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,313
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastinjun View Post
I saw this post on ebay. What do you guys think? I see people bidding on other models but not this one. Is there something Im missing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastinjun View Post
wow....newbie huh, Ive had a 2000 land rover 110 in spain since it was new
these two positions do not agree with each other

no one is bashing newbies for asking questions, otherwise they'd have booted me a long time ago; the issues are not reading the info provided, or asking the question again when the answer wasn't what they wanted it to be

on the contrary, the folks on this board are quite helpful and accommodating, both here on the innerwebs and in the real world

at any rate, good luck in kalifornia, if you're looking for a diesel, you will need it

ps - i'm pulling for golden state to beat cleveland even after the beatdown they took last night
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old June 9th, 2016, 04:54 PM
fastinjun's Avatar
fastinjun
Status: Offline
Mitch
None
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: torrance, calif.
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostChord View Post
these two positions do not agree with each other

no one is bashing newbies for asking questions, otherwise they'd have booted me a long time ago; the issues are not reading the info provided, or asking the question again when the answer wasn't what they wanted it to be

on the contrary, the folks on this board are quite helpful and accommodating, both here on the innerwebs and in the real world

at any rate, good luck in kalifornia, if you're looking for a diesel, you will need it

ps - i'm pulling for golden state to beat cleveland even after the beatdown they took last night
Ok, I take bck the name calling....trying to navigate this forum for the right info isnt that easy and being called lazy/newbie..etc...seems a bit out of line....I'll check out the info, thanks
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old June 9th, 2016, 07:54 PM
Edmond
Status: Offline
Edmond giragossian
1991 D130
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: la crescenta, CA, 91214
Posts: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastinjun View Post
It says clean florida title. Can this be licensed in California?
Unfortunetly you wont be able to register it here in California, unless you do it illegally or pay a LAB about 7k to have it legal..

Good Luck.

------ Follow up post added June 9th, 2016 05:00 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
Came in from Italy on 3/25/16

https://es.panjiva.com/Silva-s-Body-...e-Inc/29821878

-Jeff
This Vehicle was first sold in Germany.. And it seems that they brought in the vehicle with the 300tdi engine in it..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
ht

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone ave any experience with/ thoughts on this Birdman Misc. Chit-Chat 3 January 26th, 2013 12:49 PM
2003-2004 Range Rover Reviews/Thoughts? OCD90 Misc. Chit-Chat 5 November 8th, 2006 10:26 AM
RDS Fans...Keep N.O. in your thoughts Ragland Misc. Chit-Chat 1 August 28th, 2005 04:00 PM
hannibal thoughts?? scubadanster Misc. Chit-Chat 5 February 12th, 2005 01:02 PM
Thoughts on galvy chassis? dmarchand Misc. Chit-Chat 2 October 17th, 2003 02:09 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:48 PM.


Copyright