Thoughts??? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old October 30th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Palomino
Rico Palomino
1995 D90 SW #001

Thoughts???

I'm thinking about putting my D90 up for sale. With a wife and 3 daughters that seem to grow everyday (the daughters, not the wife) it just isn't practical anymore.
What price range should I be looking at?
It's a 1995 D90 #001
OME HD springs and shocks
GBR HD axles front and rear
RN front skid plate
ARB front diff lock
TT rear locker
SG rock sliders
Mantec tire rack
Custom front bumper (not pictured)
and a bunch more little items but thats the big stuff.
I'm waiting on a few parts and time before I list it but just putting a feeler out to see what you all think,

Thanks
Rico
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	464_01.JPG
Views:	449
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	43272   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oct_01. 1st 2008 truck,disco,RRC Defender 152.JPG
Views:	490
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	43273  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Oct_01. 1st 2008 truck,disco,RRC Defender 157.JPG
Views:	499
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	43274   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oct_01. 1st 2008 truck,disco,RRC Defender 153.JPG
Views:	462
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	43275  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 30th, 2011, 10:04 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

What's the mileage? It looks clean. Rust free? Mechanical issues?
Old October 30th, 2011, 10:10 PM
Rufus
Rufus
1994 NAS D90 ST #1118

Registry
Rico - Great looking 90. Show some pics of the frame, the rear crossmember, under the hood, the interior and all the other usual spots people want to see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 30th, 2011, 10:14 PM
genie90
Jay Geaney
1994 D-90 ST #282

No more than $10,985...
Let me know your email addy and I'll take that horrible specimen off your hands via PayPal... But seriously trending on history/mileage between 30-36k.

Jay
Old October 31st, 2011, 06:06 AM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
Would you consider parting with the ARB?

Makes me feel good that someone thinks a 95 SW is worth 30-36k
Old October 31st, 2011, 06:53 AM
Capt Milks
Mike
Defender V-8, Defender 2.25

If the mileage isn't too high the number plate alone will command higher than normal money. I would think that this is one truck that would be worth fixing everything, if anything need fixing, before selling it. Places like Copley might be able to get more money than selling it yourself.
Old October 31st, 2011, 07:38 AM
Palomino
Rico Palomino
1995 D90 SW #001

Thoughts???

I'm in the process of fixing evrything right now and should have it done in a couple of weeks. I'm trying to find out how to have the odometer replaced. It stopped working at 44,000 miles in Dec. 2008. I never planned on selling it so I wasn't to concerned about getting it fixed. At the most it should have on it now is 75,000-80. and that would be the high side. It is rust free and very clean. Its oviously not stock by looking at the MODS but they were tastfully done.

Thanks
Rico

------ Follow up post added October 31st, 2011 08:33 AM ------

Almost forgot, ARB stays in. I'm fixing the small stuff not taking off the big stuff.
It sucks that now I'm fixing the little stuff when Im getting it ready to sell instead of when I was planning on keeping it "forever".

Thanks,
Rico
Old October 31st, 2011, 09:08 AM
Willh
Will Hedrick
Use to own NAS #96, #1778, & #1008

Registry
Rico,

This truck looks awfully familiar. I believe it use to belong to John Bradford, who was with the Florida Land Rover Club. If it is the same truck, it has a previous salvage history. John rolled it at least 2-3 times (I have photo evidence), and the truck was ultimately claimed by an engine fire and totaled by the insurance company (of which, I'm pretty sure I also have photo evidence). The rack is a dead giveaway because John had is cut out in the middle to accommodate carrying his canoe. I don't know of anyone else who has done that.

Rico, I'm not trying to tank your sale, but just wanting to get all the facts. Does the truck have a salvage title/history?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please feel free to visit my website at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Willh is the F'n man! Defender of the Defenders! - Overlander
Old October 31st, 2011, 09:58 AM
Palomino
Rico Palomino
1995 D90 SW #001

Thoughts???

Easy!!! This isn't one of the other websites. The one he rolled was #111 he continued to use it off-road and then it caught fire at the dealership and was a loss (oil pressure line). This was his other D90 #001 that he had bought to not off-road. He had the roof rack done the same way as #111. I bought approx 3-4 yrs ago.

Rico
Old October 31st, 2011, 02:44 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

$25k would be where I would expect it to sell.
Old October 31st, 2011, 03:32 PM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij View Post
$25k would be where I would expect it to sell.
I'm not a NAS 90 expert, but I personally know of two recent examples of NAS 90s that were in somewhat tatty condition that both sold for around $25,000 up here in New England. One had similar mods (which yield very little -if any- premium when they're on the truck). Both needed restoration.

Palomino's truck presents nicely in the pictures and assuming the corrosion is minimal I'd say for sure it's a better truck than the two that sold for $25,000. The broker ODO may scare some buyers, but maybe if you had some documentation of service intervals over the past three years it would help allay some concerns.

Unless there is a significant discount for a SW vs. a ST, then I'd expect more than $25k out of #001.
In fact, having a conversation with Copley Motorcars or at least a look at their inventory may give you a more revealing look.
Old October 31st, 2011, 03:36 PM
Willh
Will Hedrick
Use to own NAS #96, #1778, & #1008

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palomino View Post
Easy!!! This isn't one of the other websites. The one he rolled was #111 he continued to use it off-road and then it caught fire at the dealership and was a loss (oil pressure line). This was his other D90 #001 that he had bought to not off-road. He had the roof rack done the same way as #111. I bought approx 3-4 yrs ago.

Rico

Rico,

Thanks for the clarification. Like I said before, only matters "If" it was the same truck. Clearly, it is not.

Please feel free to visit my website at:

Quote:
Willh is the F'n man! Defender of the Defenders! - Overlander
Old October 31st, 2011, 05:25 PM
jjstahl3
Jay S
96 D1 TReK

Registry
I would agree with the 25 range +or- a few dollars - just sold my 95 st for 25500 with 105K miles included a matching trailer

J
Old October 31st, 2011, 05:27 PM
evilfij
evilfij

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Treehorn View Post
I'm not a NAS 90 expert, but I personally know of two recent examples of NAS 90s that were in somewhat tatty condition that both sold for around $25,000 up here in New England. One had similar mods (which yield very little -if any- premium when they're on the truck). Both needed restoration.

Palomino's truck presents nicely in the pictures and assuming the corrosion is minimal I'd say for sure it's a better truck than the two that sold for $25,000. The broker ODO may scare some buyers, but maybe if you had some documentation of service intervals over the past three years it would help allay some concerns.

Unless there is a significant discount for a SW vs. a ST, then I'd expect more than $25k out of #001.
In fact, having a conversation with Copley Motorcars or at least a look at their inventory may give you a more revealing look.
Kudos to the people getting 25k, but unless they were 97s, it seems really high based on prices I have seen trucks actually sell for. Copley trucks are a whole other market.
Old October 31st, 2011, 05:44 PM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
I would definately defer to actual NAS 90 owners like evilfig & jjstahl, but the 95 ST that sold near me definately needed a restoration and according to the guy who bought it, he paid $25,000.

Not trying to stick my nose where it doesn't belong, I'd just like to believe that a nice D90 is worth more $$$ and had two recent market comps that I though supported that idea.
Old October 31st, 2011, 06:09 PM
Broncoduecer
peter
D90

Sacramento LR dealer just had a 94 and a 95 D90 listed for 36 and 38k, lasted about a week. I dont know what they went for, and that was dealer mark up, but still I was pretty suprised. Condition was similar.
Old October 31st, 2011, 06:37 PM
Palomino
Rico Palomino
1995 D90 SW #001

Thoughts???

Will, no problem. I actually almost bought that one from him 3 months before it burned.

By the time I get done with repairing the little little items no repairs will be needed for a long time. This truck is not a restoration project. The frame is solid w/o any rust and the body is in really good condition.
When its ready and all shiny I will post all pictures including the frame. I'm just waiting on a new speedo cable and some plastic trim pieces.

Rico
Old October 31st, 2011, 06:52 PM
evilfij
evilfij

The more it sells for the more mine is worth!
Old November 1st, 2011, 09:35 AM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

When/If you get ready to sell let me know. That is a truck I would love to own for myself.

info@eastcoastrover.com

Thanks,
Mike

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old November 1st, 2011, 09:52 AM
d90boy
keith humphreys
aka: Mr Fancy Pants

Registry
thanks ron! =)

there is a big difference in value of 95s and 97s.

but the biggest problem you will have selling it to the general public is the unknown mileage. you can guess - you can est - but if you dont know you dont know. so 3 years and 30k miles later and maybe 75k miles - 25,000 is good money. (if you want my 2 cents) - you are best to sell it to a board member who understands that "its a defender". =)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
ht