Stolen Blue D90! Please Read! - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old December 18th, 2006, 07:46 PM
needsaD110
Ben
97 D90 #1345

I have been looking for it when I drive around green hills and hillsboro village, But so far I've seen nothing. Maybe it was some Edge hill kids who didn't know how rare it was and needed a quick ride? Do happen to live of belmont because that's were i have seen it in the past, and edge hill isn't far away, I go to hillsboro so i'll keep an ear out for people trying to sell the car/parts

On a 2nd note I wasn't going to install lojack, but after hearing about this in nashville I've changed my mind.

Hope you find your baby, and I'll keep my eyes out for you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 18th, 2006, 08:27 PM
Method PHX
Brent Frazier
D130

Sorry to hear about your loss. For EVERYONE'S information, Viper offers an 2-way alarm that will page you if your rig is jacked with as long as you are in range. I keep the alarm remote, flashlight, and my 45 next to my bed.

Christian Beck had his 110 stolen. I suggested that he start rollin down all the local logging roads and days later that is exactly where the cops found it. Defenders are a rare beast which makes them hard to chop and turn. Most D's will have the basics stripped and the rest of the rig abandoned. The more rare the rig, the more likely a perp. will be caught with parts. Keep checking Craig's List, Ebay, and other spots. But if I were you, I'd be doing some driving down logging roads with a 12 guage. I actually had a friend who did exactly that and came across the perp's mid strip. Walked up to them and clocked one of them with the butt of the shotty, then held them at gunpoint till the cops rolled up.

Good luck man

brent
Old December 18th, 2006, 10:47 PM
needsaD110
Ben
97 D90 #1345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookie110
Sorry to hear about your loss. For EVERYONE'S information, Viper offers an 2-way alarm that will page you if your rig is jacked with as long as you are in range. I keep the alarm remote, flashlight, and my 45 next to my bed.
I have the python version (same thing, different snake name)they made it so it disables the ignition when alarm is triggered
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 19th, 2006, 12:11 AM
thewap
Marc
'95 D90 SW#106

Registry
Damn, thats horrible.
Old January 21st, 2007, 06:42 PM
flynn23
Scott Kozicki
97 NAS D90 SW

Smile Found!!!!

Friends, my baby is back! Metro Nashville PD called me on January 8th (exactly 30 days) to say that she was in an impound yard. I rushed right over there to see her. She was listed as an abandoned vehicle and towed out of an apartment complex. Apparently someone at the complex called Metro between the 8th and the 18th. The officer who responded simply put an abandoned vehicle sticker on the windshield and called it a day. Didn't run the tags so they didn't know that it was stolen. So then she sat there until Jan 7th when the wrecker picked her up for being abandoned! ARGH!!!!

Overall, she's in really good shape. I can't beleive the theives were dumb enough to just steal my AV system and two of my IPF trail lights! They even left 4 other lights! IDIOTS!!! The interior is a mess as you can see. The only 'mechanical' damage that I could determine was that there was a vacuum leak in the intake manifold (have had the same problem before, probably a hose with a hole in it) and the brakes felt really soft like there was some air in the hoses. She's at the local dealer getting the interior patched up and then back to the electronics store to replace the AV system installation.

Thanks again for everyone who sent me emails and encouragement. I really appreciate everyone trying to help out. Hopefully you'll be seeing me in her on the trail sometime soon!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6019.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	7957   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6022.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	7958  

Name:	IMG_6025.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	7959   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6026.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	7960  

Name:	IMG_6032.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	144.8 KB
ID:	7961  
Old January 21st, 2007, 06:47 PM
Monkeyboy

YaHoo !!

That's great news ... a little disappointing in the police dept front, but at least she's coming home.
Old January 21st, 2007, 07:50 PM
lrnasd90
J. Landers
1983 110 LHD Galvanized Everything

That is excellent news, I have been watching the shit out of mine every since I read that yours was stolen. I have even called my insurance company to find out how much I would get if mine disappeared. I found out that I would lose in a bad way. Still havn't figure out what to do about that, but that is another thread.
Old January 21st, 2007, 08:10 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

Scott,

Could you enlighten us on how things were handled with your insurance company? Did they send you a check for what the truck was worth? Did they try and stick it to you?

And how have they handled things now that the truck has been found and returned to you?

Congratulations on getting it back... Wouldn't it be nice if they still hung people for stealing horses or trucks? :-)

Hope to see you on a trail or two,

Scott

Old January 21st, 2007, 08:12 PM
cellulararrest
Chris Snyder
1994 D90 #614 | '07 L322 SC

That's great news! Man did you luck out.
Old January 21st, 2007, 08:26 PM
flynn23
Scott Kozicki
97 NAS D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by woldd90
Scott,

Could you enlighten us on how things were handled with your insurance company? Did they send you a check for what the truck was worth? Did they try and stick it to you?

And how have they handled things now that the truck has been found and returned to you?

Congratulations on getting it back... Wouldn't it be nice if they still hung people for stealing horses or trucks? :-)

Hope to see you on a trail or two,
I have Progressive and in the beginning of this odessey I would've told you that they've handled it great. Literally, the day that I got the call from the cops that they found her, I had already left a message with my claims adjuster asking him for a total for the replacement value. I estimated that they would go with a high NADA value, and I have receipts for almost all of my extras. I expected to get pretty much what I needed to try and find another Arles Blue SW and re-equip it with the same stuff. Conversations that we'd had previously left me feeling like that wasn't impossible.

SINCE they've found it, I've grown very wery of Progressive. I had to make the arrangements to have her towed to the shop to beging repairs because all of the local claims people were out of the office that day. I had to arrange for the estimates with the shop and make sure that they knew exactly what was expected. I also had to recheck with the shop to make sure that parts had been ordered and repairs were underway. My claims adjuster has not been very communicative since this process has shifted from replacement to repair. I'm hoping that this changes quickly, as I will not hesitate to drop this policy after the repairs are complete. I have several vehicles and have been a customer for nearly 10 years.

No matter what, I intend to install a Lojac system on her ASAP and I will be getting a rider to make sure that everything gets sorted if this were to ever happen again. The stress of all this was unbearable!

I actually HOPE that whoever stole her the first time tries to come back around. They will find a very different situation.
Old January 21st, 2007, 09:41 PM
DBZ2009
Z
ex-1994 D90/ 2 j**ps

Scott,

As far insurance in TN goes. Get Farm Bureau, it's worth it.

Congrats on getting your D90 back.
Old January 22nd, 2007, 02:59 AM
lynchee
Dennis Lynch
94 D90 #699

Congratulations. That's great
Old January 22nd, 2007, 08:17 AM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
Man glad you were able to find your truck.
Old January 22nd, 2007, 03:56 PM
smenzel
Sandro
1967 Series IIA

Congrats on getting your D90 back.
Old January 22nd, 2007, 04:20 PM
Emerson00
Matt J.
None at the moment

Good news, at least mostly. Sorry about the damage and the stress... at least you got it back in repairable condition.

My brother's crappy little VW was carjacked - with him in the car - gun-to-head. Eventually they let him go, but the car was found, 3 weeks to the day later. The gun man was in the car, dead, gray matter on the opposite door - someone carjacked him and he said no, I guess.

Irrelevent story, sorry, except to say, hey - your D is back and it could have been oh-so-much worse.
Old January 22nd, 2007, 04:36 PM
hartman
Edward Hartman
1997 D-90

Good news at last, Glad your rover is back.
Old January 24th, 2007, 12:40 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Just saw you got it back. Awesome!!

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old January 24th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Frankie Carbone
Heath Hollenbeck
'97 D90 #535, '03 DiscoII

As a Defender owner I find that it is best to ask your insurance company to inusre your vehicle for a "said" amount. Yes your rates are higher....but you can atleast replace what you have in the vehicle. My insurance company was more then willing to insure the vehicle for 40K. Just a thought
Old January 24th, 2007, 06:46 PM
DJ Menasco
DJ Menasco
#500/500

Congrats on getting the D90 back!
Old January 24th, 2007, 06:50 PM
johare
Jay
95 D90 White ST

I have safeco and they are insuring mine at a "declared" value of $31k for only about $30 more per year. I had to initiate this and negotiate a bit but I think its worth it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
90, d90