Sprung-over 109 Cummins Diesel Project - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old February 21st, 2008, 11:25 PM
A big ol' pile
Sprung-over 109 Cummins Diesel Project

I have been collecting parts and working on this project for the last couple years in Eugene, Oregon and I have come to the sad realization that I just don't have the time, money and resources to finish this project, not to mention I now live in Portland (100 miles of separation), with no shop space. This project still needs full assembly and some fabrication but the vast majority of parts (at least the difficult ones to corral are here). This is a hard thing to let go but I must pass the torch. Sprung-over 109 Rover ( military frame from ambulance, 88 springs in front, 63" Chevys in the rear, 1/8" plating along the entire underside of frame rails, burly rear custom cross-member, chassis is sprung and on FJ60 axles with Swamper Q78 (90%+), drivetrain is NOT in chassis, Cummins 6AT (runner, fresh paint and recent rebuilt injection pump), NP435 (disassembled) with new-in-box rebuild kit from Novak, custom (Ike Goss) NP435/Rover T-case mainshaft and adaptor, low milage Ashcroft high-ratio T-case. 3 door boby, new old stock late style fenders, deluxe hood with dished spare (separated from frame and frame acid dipped), bulkhead acid dipped with one passenger footwell and dog house removed for alteration and repair, 2A doors (frames acid dipped) with series 3 skins (hole for key lock), late style radiator panel acid dipped, three door tub with previous owner addition of rear tank filler (exposed rivets but looks good and could easily be touched up, rear panel removed for replacement), rear safari door with frame separated and acid dipped, really sweet van sides that originally say "Security: British Aerospace", pick-up cab top rough back has no round glass but has shroud for 3/4 canvas, seat box is good, floor boards, 2 set of bulkhead vents, two windscreen frames early and late style, NO door tops, all hinges, grab handles, battery tray, splash guards, rear spare carrier and a bunch of other stuff is acid dipped. Late 2A grill, front and rear lamp guard, military hood latches, series 2 vent lifter (round dial type), vent screens, classic steering wheel, turn signal, military glass screw-in lamps (full set, turns, indicator, tails), military head lamp setups, standard headlamp surround, aux. under seat fuel tank, rebuilt (disassembled and POR-15) clutch pedal tower and custom power brake Rover pedal tower and adaptor plate for hydroboost with booster NICE!, Scout 2 power steering box (POR-15) with custom pitman arm with appropriate drop. Tons of cool Rover bits and pieces like hand throttle and ashtray. Basically there are a lot of parts here, these are just off the top of my head.

Thanks, Relk

Not interested in parting it out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Library - 1441.jpg
Views:	1255
Size:	263.8 KB
ID:	12280   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Library - 1442.jpg
Views:	683
Size:	250.9 KB
ID:	12281  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Library - 1437.jpg
Views:	548
Size:	237.7 KB
ID:	12282  

Old February 24th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Steve Maietta
1969 IIA 88" Bugeye
Awesome... love that rear crossmember.

good luck w/the sale

Old February 26th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Dan Prasada-Rao
1963, 109 Station Wagon
Oh man, I hate to see you selling that. I'm mid project myself with a cummins 4bt into a '63 109 Station Wagon. Your project is a whole lot cleaner than mine. If I wasn't all the way across the country I'd be tempted to come buy yours. You're farther ahead than I am. I'm just cutting and extending the front frame horns this week.

BTW, if you have a source for the hydroboost mod on the brake pedal assy, and for the modified scout pitman arm, I could use both of those.

I think I've seen some of this rig on Pirate 4x4

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

109, diesel