Soon to be FS 1987 110 Wagon - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old December 19th, 2007, 10:09 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Really. I am in the wrong business. Should go back to land rovers.

Are people paying to restore worn down ones or converting nice ones to their spec? It seems the latter would be much cheaper than the former.
Advertisement

Old December 19th, 2007, 11:21 AM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij
Really. I am in the wrong business. Should go back to land rovers.
Yeah guys like me and Matt... swimming in $$$$.
Matt I'll see you at the island house in the Bahamas for Christmas right???
I just bought a new Jet-Ranger chopper so I'll swing by and pick you up on the way to the private air strip.

Now lawyers... there is a field where those guys do nothing but rake in stupid money, charging clients for when they work on cases... geez. I think I'll just go be a lawyer and I'll be rolling in it just like the lawyers all are. It can't be hard being a lawyer.

See how stupid that all sounds Ron.

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old December 19th, 2007, 11:25 AM
evilfij
evilfij

Sarcasim is difficult to convey over the internet Mike. :-)
Advertisement

Old December 19th, 2007, 01:08 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
You all need to join the Army. That's where you make the big bucks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old December 19th, 2007, 01:10 PM
evilfij
evilfij

Hehehe. I have been having a slow month so this job is not too bad the moment.
Old December 19th, 2007, 01:52 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
D-90 Source Vendor

In regards to the actual truck... not the BS...

It looks like it may not be coming. I just heard the owner/seller is looking for $40K and I don't think the truck is worth it. If he comes around to what I told him it is worth then I'll re-post.

Old December 19th, 2007, 01:56 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
40k? Thats just a case of someone wanting to get back every penny they put into it when they sell. This is a great oppotunity to go on a tirade against that attitude, but I'll refrain.

Old December 19th, 2007, 01:59 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Talking

Oh, on that note, Janey is perpetually for sale for $30k. Interested buyers can contact me by any means necessary.

Old December 19th, 2007, 02:00 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
D-90 Source Vendor

Agreed.
The down side for him is i know exactly what he has in it because we helped him buy it and did all the work.

If it was a great truck, maybe... this is just a good truck with a great drive-train.

It'll go 2 ways.
#1 He comes around and we offer the truck for mid 20s, maybe a little more
or
#2 You'll see the same truck on Ebay with a 40K reserve.

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalpin
Oh, on that note, Janey is perpetually for sale for $30k. Interested buyers can contact me by any means necessary.

I know what I sold that one sold for too! or at least when I sold it

Heres a odd thing... the owner of the Blue 110 in question also used to own Janey!!!!
Small world.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08510.JPG
Views:	149
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	11427  

Old December 19th, 2007, 02:08 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I know what you sold it for too! I added doors and sold it to Ron, Ron bought a bunch of stuff and Charles basically got it for the old price plus parts - still a better deal that many other old 110's which people envision aquiring in the UK for cheap.

Old December 19th, 2007, 04:38 PM
Dilks
Derek Dilks
1995 Range Rover Classic LWB BB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilks
I hear your BR110's are going for over $150k. I was just curious why you don't build more of these? If the market's there why not produce more of them..... TLC is supposed to produce something like 24 Icons this year and they start at $100k and there's a waiting list (I know apples to oranges, but my point is the market and people willing to pay these numbers)
I just wanted to follow up on this post. I know most people on this forum wouldn't pay $150k for a finished product (we'll just end up spending it over time anyway building it ourselves) but what does everyone think about the $150k TLC Icons and ECR BeechRunners selling at this price point. If people with wealth and short attention spans are shelling out this kind of money, I'm surprised more independent shops aren't jumping all over this and doing what ECR is already doing. Or maybe I'm wrong and the margins aren't as huge as I think, and maybe most shops aren't doing, or can't do, the quality work ECR does.
Old December 19th, 2007, 05:01 PM
jessejames4
Jesse Parris
1/18 scale LR Def 110

It's sad, boys... wanted 110 Def csw tdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
I know what you sold it for too! I added doors and sold it to Ron, Ron bought a bunch of stuff and Charles basically got it for the old price plus parts - still a better deal that many other old 110's which people envision aquiring in the UK for cheap.
My wife ganged up on me last night and verbally beat me up one side and down the other for being seriously interested in spending $20k for an old truck considering I paid $1500 several years ago for an 86' Isuzu Trooper TD. She saw some of the photos of the 110 Def CSW and couldn't feel the love. I didn't have the heart to tell her that the 93 NAS 110's were going for 50k and up. Where you gonna' go with that? She sees $50k as a down payment for an investment in a rental home, which is, being fair, a good point. There's a blank stare when I get into the LR mystique and driving around in the mud.

Now we both spend our money- meaning she has her money and I have my money and nary the twain shall meet - the way we want, so that would be the golden lining in this story. When I find my 110 I'm buying it, period, I don't have to answer to anybody. It's a deep love that can't be explained, boys, that's all I'm going to tell her.

Over the past week, I finally found her 05 PAssat Tdi which she bought herself last night and she sees that as a sane investment but not a LR from the 80's.

I don't think anybody seriously looking for a 110 Def and has done the research thinks that they are going to be a steal coming across the pond anymore. All the import and restoration boys are looking for them - and since they are in or have the contacts in the EU, then the prices will be at a peak to match demand and supply.
Old December 19th, 2007, 05:43 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilks
I just wanted to follow up on this post. I know most people on this forum wouldn't pay $150k for a finished product (we'll just end up spending it over time anyway building it ourselves) but what does everyone think about the $150k TLC Icons and ECR BeechRunners selling at this price point. If people with wealth and short attention spans are shelling out this kind of money, I'm surprised more independent shops aren't jumping all over this and doing what ECR is already doing. Or maybe I'm wrong and the margins aren't as huge as I think, and maybe most shops aren't doing, or can't do, the quality work ECR does.

The margins are not what you think. Factor in all the costs (think business class here, not just parts plus truck). Facility, staff, materials, inventory, insurance, workmens comp, etc etc. No one in the Rover business is rolling in it. The parts guys make much more than shops. That is why the places that used to be shops (RN, AB) all stopped being shops and now just sell parts.
As for "doing it too" its easy. All you have to do is build a 15 year reputation, get the right staff, a facility and all that comes with it and you can do it too. Simple.

Old December 19th, 2007, 06:01 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Wow, it is a small world. And you say he lives in Maryland? That's in the 'hood too.

Dang that's a fine looking truck, even without doors!

charles
Old December 19th, 2007, 09:10 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
D-90 Source Vendor

Actually the current owner lives in MA.
The other owner of the Blue 110 (the one before the current owner who had us install the 3.9 EFI (confused yet?)) was from MD. I think he has a 90 now. Nice guy, works for NASA.

Old December 19th, 2007, 09:38 PM
evilfij
evilfij

Well, ECR certainly has and deserves the reputation they have. The work I have seen is truly top notch.

At some point I am going to have to get on the waiting list, last time I called it was "no new spots until we are done with the move." After selling most of the budget rovers, I would like one with EVERYTHING galvanized, frame, bulkhead, cappings, shock towers, breakfast, all stainless steel lines etc. . . . on an otherwise bone stock 1994/95 ST. I am not afraid to shell out a big check to get it as I would plan to keep it forever.
Old December 19th, 2007, 10:22 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Maybe some of my "anal" is rubbing off Ron? You likey?

Old December 20th, 2007, 07:16 AM
junkyddog11
oil soaked filter
95 RRC 300tdi

[QUOTE=ECR]Yeah guys like me and Matt... swimming in $$$$.
Matt I'll see you at the island house in the Bahamas for Christmas right???
QUOTE]

LOL........if I could only bring myself to sell some of the ridiculous pile of bits that is looming around my ...everything....I might be able to get to the island house.

right now (to quote Clint Eastwood) "I got myself so broke that if it cost .25 cents to go around the world, I couldn't afford to get out of sight"
as for the "soon to be FS 110"....I have forwarded the info to a couple of people who have inquired lately.

new expansion complete. Not only are we the only Rover shop in Eliot Maine...now we're also the biggest.

"Dedicated to the resurrection of junk through engineering?"
Old December 20th, 2007, 10:48 AM
evilfij
evilfij

JimC I am just waiting for you to sell one of the trucks you built.
Old December 20th, 2007, 01:48 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I have to build up my supply first. Maybe when ECR Mike is ready to retire I'll open up a WCR

That being said Ron, if you want a truck, all you have to do is ask.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
110, fs