Rare and Well Built 95 Range Rover Classic (Florida) - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old January 5th, 2014, 11:49 PM
ShawnB25
Shawn
95 RRC

Rare and Well Built 95 Range Rover Classic (Florida)

Up for sale is a rare 1995 Range Rover Classic SWB (Short Wheel Base) County

Engine/Drivetrain:
3.9 V8.
Estimated 72k Miles.
Motor came out of a healthy 96 Discovery and was installed by a local Rover Shop.
LT230 transfer case.
Recent transmission flush, filter, gasket.
Recent radiator hoses.
Recent air filter.
Recent alternator.
Recent oil pan gasket.
Recent plugs, cap, rotor, and wires (genuine rover).
Recent fuel filter.
All new custom steel braided oil and tranny cooler lines.
Rotella synthetic oil.
Headman headers.
Custom mandrel bent Y pipe.
Custom Brola exhaust with mandrel bends. (High clearance).

Overall a very healthy and strong running motor. I basically replaced any wear item to ensure a long running life. She sounds great.

Axles/Steering:
Discovery conversion drive shafts.
Recent over haul on the wheel bearings, pins, and swivels (all new parts).
Hd Steering drag link and pan hard bar.
Recent Fox racing steering Damper with custom made brackets
All new custom steel braided power steering lines.

Overall a very nice and tight steering truck. No slop. Stock gear ratio. No "Death Wobble". Drives great. Steering box weeps fluid. This is common on these tucks. Nothing major or hindering but a rebuild kit was on the "to do" list. Although the truck is able to drive on the highway id suggest changing the gear ratio. It was on the "to do" list.

Suspension:
RTE 3" HD lift springs.
Custom 2" Spacers.
OME Shocks
Cranked HD radius arms in the front.
Equipe 4x4 rear links

Overall a very capable off road set up that drives great on road. 5" lift. All bushing look great.

Brakes:
Steel braided lines front and rear.
Pads and rotors in great shape.

Overall she stops great.

Wheels/Tires:
Custom re-centered H1 bead lock wheels. (Rouge Fabrication).
Powder coated finish.
New o-rings.
Goodyear 35" MT's (50% Tread).

Overall a great off and on road set up. They have ability to air way down due to the bead lock feature. Great stance and well built. There is a slight shimmy in one wheel. You can see it but not feel it. I was going to make that wheel a spare because I'm picky. Tires are very cheap with this set up.

Interior:
Custom real carbon fiber trim.
Custom real carbon fiber gauge pod.
Custom real carbon fiber diff knob.
LED volt, oil pressure, and water temp gauges.
New dome light covers (prone to cracking)
Leather seats.
Genuine seat covers in the front.
Bed lined behind passenger seats for durability.
Rubber OEM floor mats.
Dash board is in great shape.
Discovery cup holders.

Over all a clean interior. It's very comfortable. Sunroof works great. Most range rover sun roofs do not work. It does not leak (most do). Driver's leather seat is good. The drivers seat adjustment module has gone bad. Common issue and easy fix. It can be adjusted. Passenger leather seams are coming apart. That's why I have covers over them. Typical for rovers. Rear seats are very nice. The aftermarket radio started to go. I removed it. I have not had time to replace it. Head liner was replaced. Most rovers have a sagging head liner. I'd give the interior a 7/10.

Lighting:
Military DOT LED headlights.
Front LED running lights.
Defender turn signals.
Custom waterproof LED rock lights.
LED tag lights
Smoked rear tail lights

Overall the lighting is awesome on the truck. Very efficient. The rock lights are great for night trail riders or just to take a look under the truck at night. Military LED lights are very expensive and bright. They look great and draw very little amps. Rear tail lights are mint. No cracks (common on Ranges)

Exterior armor:
Custom made rear bumper with integrated 1/4 panel protection. (Class 3 hitch and water proof 6pin wiring harness)
Custom made rear fold down tire carrier.
Custom made rock rails.
Custom made tube fenders.
Custom made front bumper.

Overall a very clean and functional set up. Very different from your run of the mill Rover. Extensively planed out. All quality 120wall DOM tubing. Quality bends and welds. VHT painted. High clearance yet very protective. All armor/bumpers are bolted to the truck. Nothing is welded to the frame. All new grade 8 bolts were used.

Exterior body:
Recently painted jet black. PPG base coat and clear coat was used.
Completely rust free body and frame (very rare on rovers).
Aluminum glass lift gate.
Custom mini front fenders.
No body damage.
Rear doors trimmed and professionally capped.
Powder coated door handles.
Custom mounted defender mirrors.
All rubber door and fender molding were removed.

Overall a very clean exterior. Paint is in great shape. Each body panel was removed from the truck for paint.

Notable extras:
Superwinch X9 winch with synthetic rope.
Fire stick CB antenna. (No CB as I never settled on one I liked)

As with any used vehicle there will be a few issues. I want to note a couple of minor issues. The heated seats do not work. The cruse control does not work. SAS light is on. The original suspension was an air ride set up. Once remove the light stays on. Recently the rear windows do not roll down. From research this is common and easy fix. No head unit. The alpine head-unit screen in the truck went bad. All of the above issues are minor and common issues. If any are critical to the sale we can discuss sorting these issues.

I'm selling the Range Rover due to too many toys and projects. Asking price is set at $7,500. A very reasonable price for this clean Range Rover. Reasonable offers will be considered. This is a very nice truck that can and has been daily driven. It turns heads everywhere I go. Be prepared for a lot of attention and a big smile on your face as your cruising on/off road. Garage kept. Shipping available upon buyers expense. I'll be more than happy to organize shipping. I'm located in Orlando Fl. I am not interested in any trades. Cash sale. Title in hand. If you need to contact me I'll be more than happy to give you my phone number. Serious buyers only please. Please read the listing carefully before contacting me.

Photos:
Specific photos available upon request. Some photos maybe more recent than others.

The truck has LED headlights now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 5th, 2014, 11:57 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Interesting...looks like fun! Good Luck with the sale.
Old January 6th, 2014, 12:31 AM
RANGEROVERSURFER
Tony
95/Range Rover Classic

Registry
Thumbs up way to cheap....

Shawn call Rover Classic see if that guy has a potential customer for You...really cool rig...you should be able to get $10k for it easy and even that is too cheap.

http://www.roverclassic.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 6th, 2014, 01:49 AM
RHD90
Anthony
85 D90 RHD

Registry
Wow nice rover. Glws
Old January 6th, 2014, 02:01 AM
Brewie212
Brian Kandefer
1957 107 wagon, 94 arles St, 101 FC

Funny I just read the entire build thread on pirate yesterday! Killer work, are you selling the carbon inserts that you made? I just got a 95 myself, and I'm looking to upgrade the interior trim that is nasty!
Old January 6th, 2014, 05:46 AM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
I disagree with the assertion that the sunroof is problematic. Ditto the seat adjustment.

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"
1968 2A 88

All my troubles are Rover
Old January 6th, 2014, 09:01 AM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
After all that work - not to mention the crap received on DWEB and you are out?? You just finished building this?? DWEB build thread here....

http://www.discoweb.org/forums/showt...ferrerid=13670
Old January 6th, 2014, 09:06 AM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
wheres the carbon keyless entry fob? Probably the best part of this "build"...
Old January 6th, 2014, 09:23 AM
ShawnB25
Shawn
95 RRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Larson View Post
Interesting...looks like fun! Good Luck with the sale.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGEROVERSURFER View Post
Shawn call Rover Classic see if that guy has a potential customer for You...really cool rig...you should be able to get $10k for it easy and even that is too cheap.

http://www.roverclassic.com/
Thanks I'll look into contacting him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewie212 View Post
Funny I just read the entire build thread on pirate yesterday! Killer work, are you selling the carbon inserts that you made? I just got a 95 myself, and I'm looking to upgrade the interior trim that is nasty!
Thanks. I hadn't planed on selling the carbon gauge pod or trim but I could make more. Thanks for reading through my build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
After all that work - not to mention the crap received on DWEB and you are out?? You just finished building this?? DWEB build thread here....

http://www.discoweb.org/forums/showt...ferrerid=13670
In my eye it's not finished. I'd love to build some serious axels and do a LS swap. She is capable as is but I have a prerunner project is like to get started on now. Damn ADD...

Yeah dweb has some characters... That build thread is full of keyboard mechanics. It's best to check out my pirate thread for the full build.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/land-...sic-build.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover4x4 View Post
wheres the carbon keyless entry fob? Probably the best part of this "build"...
The key fob does come with the truck
Old January 6th, 2014, 09:25 AM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
Well damn, this was unexpected. I thought you were really going to go after it when you got the new garage? I was looking forward to what you were going to do with the axles and everything.

Good luck with sale.
Old January 6th, 2014, 09:31 AM
ShawnB25
Shawn
95 RRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z.G View Post
Well damn, this was unexpected. I thought you were really going to go after it when you got the new garage? I was looking forward to what you were going to do with the axles and everything.

Good luck with sale.
Thanks man. Yeah I'm sad to see her go. Reality is I have too many toys/projects and not enough space at the moment. Once I get fixated on something I'm all for it. The truck has been an insane amount of fun. I'd like to start building my prerunner now. As always if anyone has any questions I'd be more than happy to answer. Thanks for all of the positive feedback.
Old January 6th, 2014, 11:50 AM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Really nice looking RRC - I love the stance and the fab work to the sliders, front end and tire carrier. Not to mention using H1's (and just carrying the spare tire) and the level of documentation. Building your own parts takes a shit ton of time and thought that I think is lost on many people that just bolts stuff on.

I cannot believe the comments at the begging of the Discoweb thread. Really, it was a $3k RRC with rust and dent issues, not to mention the suspension pieces not installed 100%?!?! - Actually it seems like you kept it on the road where someone could have parted it out and scraped it to make a few bucks. Everything you did looks clean and well thought out. Add HD axles and new tires and this thing should run trail very well.

GLWTS!
Old January 6th, 2014, 12:27 PM
Viggen
Jarrod
none

Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
I cannot believe the comments at the begging of the Discoweb thread.
Its D web, where the D does not stand for Disco...

This thing is freaking great. Awesome truck. I was watching the P4x4 build. A set of 80 series axles and it would be done.
Old January 6th, 2014, 01:12 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
I cannot believe the comments at the begging of the Discoweb thread. Really, it was a $3k RRC with rust and dent issues, not to mention the suspension pieces not installed 100%?!?! - Actually it seems like you kept it on the road where someone could have parted it out and scraped it to make a few bucks. Everything you did looks clean and well thought out. Add HD axles and new tires and this thing should run trail very well.
GLWTS!
What a bunch of losers, this thing is awesome, I mean its well priced and it looks like a clean interior and exterior. Maybe it looks like a modded jeep but its a GD Range man... imagine offroading in serious comfort
Old January 6th, 2014, 01:32 PM
sonoronos
Ed
None

Registry
Seriously...this truck looks fantastic. Why anyone would give this build grief is beyond me.
Old January 6th, 2014, 03:18 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

I think it's a big bummer that he chose this seemingly straight RRC to do this build but with that said, you do have impressive fabrication skills, Shawn. I only wish you'd started off on a RockWare tube frame or (better yet), built your own. I think the hate you saw from DWeb had more to do with the juxtaposition of the buggy style with the classic lines of a nice RRC.

It's a shame that you're dumping the truck to start something else. Why not take a little pride in what you've done well, stick it out a little longer and correct the things that you've done wrong? Taking a nice RRC and making it a buggy and then dumping it won't earn you much respect in some parts of the LR community but you could still turn it around. I'm a purist and RRC buggies are not my thing but what's done is done and this truck could still be salvaged.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/
/
Old January 6th, 2014, 04:08 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

The truck looks awesome. Pay no attention the the pinheads on dickheadweb...

Old January 6th, 2014, 04:20 PM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
Actually Scott - he played the game with them all quite well. While I am with Chris as more of a purist RRC guy (like mine ) I do recognize his skills are good - just not my cup of tea.
Old January 6th, 2014, 04:57 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris snell View Post
I think it's a big bummer that he chose this seemingly straight RRC to do this build but with that said, you do have impressive fabrication skills, Shawn. I only wish you'd started off on a RockWare tube frame or (better yet), built your own. I think the hate you saw from DWeb had more to do with the juxtaposition of the buggy style with the classic lines of a nice RRC.

It's a shame that you're dumping the truck to start something else. Why not take a little pride in what you've done well, stick it out a little longer and correct the things that you've done wrong? Taking a nice RRC and making it a buggy and then dumping it won't earn you much respect in some parts of the LR community but you could still turn it around. I'm a purist and RRC buggies are not my thing but what's done is done and this truck could still be salvaged.

I would say there is a huge difference between Shawn's build and a buggy. Buck's yellow 90 I'd call a buggy. Along with Lane's 90. But adding tube fenders to the front I don't think qualifies it. For the most part the interior, motor, tranny and running gear are all still stock and the body has minimal changes so saying he should have started with a Rockware tube has me puzzled.
Old January 6th, 2014, 06:28 PM
ShawnB25
Shawn
95 RRC

Quote:
Really nice looking RRC - I love the stance and the fab work to the sliders, front end and tire carrier. Not to mention using H1's (and just carrying the spare tire) and the level of documentation. Building your own parts takes a shit ton of time and thought that I think is lost on many people that just bolts stuff on.

GLWTS!
Thanks man. Yeah it's a different bread over there. I agree add some axles and she will do just about anything. You could through at her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viggen View Post
Its D web, where the D does not stand for Disco...

This thing is freaking great. Awesome truck. I was watching the P4x4 build. A set of 80 series axles and it would be done.
I agree. I was dead seat on mog axels, then Dana, then a toy conversion. That's the main reason I never built some axels. Thanks man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtomchik View Post
What a bunch of losers, this thing is awesome, I mean its well priced and it looks like a clean interior and exterior. Maybe it looks like a modded jeep but its a GD Range man... imagine offroading in serious comfort
Thanks man. She is pretty comfy off road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris snell View Post

I'm sorry you feel that way. This truck is far from being a buggy or full time toy. This is a solid daily drive that I saved. I did it my way without getting approval from anyone. If I wanted to be like everyone else I would have put 30" tires on it and a 2" lift and called it a day. I didn't give up on anything. I wanted a luxury crawler. I feel like I got that. I'm not looking for respect or salvage what's left. She is a great truck. Looks awesome in my book and very capable. I dig it and the new owner will as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woldd90 View Post
The truck looks awesome. Pay no attention the the pinheads on dickheadweb...
Thanks man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
Actually Scott - he played the game with them all quite well. While I am with Chris as more of a purist RRC guy (like mine ) I do recognize his skills are good - just not my cup of tea.
I can respect that. Thanks man.

Quote:
I would say there is a huge difference between Shawn's build and a buggy. Buck's yellow 90 I'd call a buggy. Along with Lane's 90. But adding tube fenders to the front I don't think qualifies it. For the most part the interior, motor, tranny and running gear are all still stock and the body has minimal changes so saying he should have started with a Rockware tube has me puzzled.
I agree. No sweat. Thanks man.

------ Follow up post added January 6th, 2014 06:29 PM ------

I've got a few people asking. The ac blows ice cold and heat works great. I'm getting shipping quotes for a few of you guys. Thanks

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
95, classic, range rover