Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old January 6th, 2014, 07:30 PM
Viggen
Jarrod
none

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris snell View Post
I think it's a big bummer that he chose this seemingly straight RRC to do this build but with that said, you do have impressive fabrication skills, Shawn. I only wish you'd started off on a RockWare tube frame or (better yet), built your own. I think the hate you saw from DWeb had more to do with the juxtaposition of the buggy style with the classic lines of a nice RRC.

It's a shame that you're dumping the truck to start something else. Why not take a little pride in what you've done well, stick it out a little longer and correct the things that you've done wrong? Taking a nice RRC and making it a buggy and then dumping it won't earn you much respect in some parts of the LR community but you could still turn it around. I'm a purist and RRC buggies are not my thing but what's done is done and this truck could still be salvaged.
Were we looking at the same truck? The one with a bashed up rear quarter and a good amount of rust? I would say that that truck was FAR from straight, but then we probably have different definitions. I do not think that the classic lines of the RRC were ruined. The shape is still there. The only thing that really departs from the basic RRC profile is the rear tire carrier. It was more taking a page out of the Jeep armor department and building tube fenders that can double as sliders and a rear spare carrier that is pretty easy to work with, as opposed to having to leverage a 35" tire up onto a swing away. Some well done tube armor does not make a buggy. Curious as to what your definition of a buggy is?

Is he dumping it? It did not read that way. His list of issues are the same issues that you will find in any modern Rover classified ad. Airbag lamp on? Check. Power seats not working as they should? Check. A window not rolling down? Check. I would not classify this as an unfinished truck in need of salvaging at all. Not even close. Why would this not get respect in the "LR community"? 35s? Not enough Safety Devices? No OME or Hellas? DWeb hates on everything so saying it might get more respect on DWeb if something was done differently is probably impossible. You could build the most pure, Camel Trophyesque Rover and they will shit on it because it is too pure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 6th, 2014, 07:35 PM
thewap
Marc
'95 D90 SW#106

Registry
Looks like a great base for a good off roader, very nice read on the build, bur I protest , where is the Range Rover label on the hood?? (sarc) . Nice work.
Old January 6th, 2014, 08:50 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Is it rare because it's well built?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 6th, 2014, 09:11 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

95 SWB aren't too plentiful.

Old January 6th, 2014, 09:31 PM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
Great looking truck! GLWTS
Old January 7th, 2014, 07:07 PM
ShawnB25
Shawn
95 RRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viggen View Post
Were we looking at the same truck? The one with a bashed up rear quarter and a good amount of rust? I would say that that truck was FAR from straight, but then we probably have different definitions. I do not think that the classic lines of the RRC were ruined. The shape is still there. The only thing that really departs from the basic RRC profile is the rear tire carrier. It was more taking a page out of the Jeep armor department and building tube fenders that can double as sliders and a rear spare carrier that is pretty easy to work with, as opposed to having to leverage a 35" tire up onto a swing away. Some well done tube armor does not make a buggy. Curious as to what your definition of a buggy is?

Is he dumping it? It did not read that way. His list of issues are the same issues that you will find in any modern Rover classified ad. Airbag lamp on? Check. Power seats not working as they should? Check. A window not rolling down? Check. I would not classify this as an unfinished truck in need of salvaging at all. Not even close. Why would this not get respect in the "LR community"? 35s? Not enough Safety Devices? No OME or Hellas? DWeb hates on everything so saying it might get more respect on DWeb if something was done differently is probably impossible. You could build the most pure, Camel Trophyesque Rover and they will shit on it because it is too pure.
You get it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewap View Post
Looks like a great base for a good off roader, very nice read on the build, bur I protest , where is the Range Rover label on the hood?? (sarc) . Nice work.
Thanks for taking the time to read my build. Actyally i do. When I painted the hood I removed them and painted them flat black. I have not had the time to re-install them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Is it rare because it's well built?
Its rare because its a 95, most of everything works (or a simple fix) and its not a rust bucket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woldd90 View Post
95 SWB aren't too plentiful.
You get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddymow View Post
Great looking truck! GLWTS
Thanks man. Im getting a lot a good bites. Looks like it will be an easy sale and someone will get a nice rig.
Old January 15th, 2014, 09:50 PM
ShawnB25
Shawn
95 RRC

sold
Old May 29th, 2014, 08:00 PM
cris_rrc
Cristian
2004 D2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnB25 View Post
sold
Been trying to find out who got this truck , I want to make the new owner a offer he cant refuse ....maybe a dead horse head in his bed
Old June 1st, 2014, 05:08 PM
Spenc1tj
TJ Spencer
1997 NAS Defender

I know who bought this. It's a kid here in STL. He put stock rims with Cooper 255/85/16's this thing is sharp!!!
Old June 1st, 2014, 07:09 PM
cris_rrc
Cristian
2004 D2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenc1tj View Post
I know who bought this. It's a kid here in STL. He put stock rims with Cooper 255/85/16's this thing is sharp!!!
Man thats a sin , I wanted that truck but it was bad timing when it was for sale .....wish I could buy the way it was

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
95, classic, range rover