Pricing my Series IIA - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old August 18th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Surf90
C.S.
1989 Defender 110 200tdi

Registry
jvelador you are a well spoken dude. Ive followed this thread just for kicks, and I love how you wrapped all that up. Great insight.

------ Follow up post added August 18th, 2012 12:44 PM ------

Also. I bet you could consign that bad boy out here at a place called Cardiff Classics. -- google it. They sell classics for absolute top dollar & always have incredible stock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 18th, 2012, 04:17 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
I figured you had maybe gained some perspective from pricing yourself out of selling the green D90 last year and still having it sitting in your driveway. Have some really nice photos taken of it - that always seems to help get the top dollar premium price (not sarcasm), and let's get a price in this thread.
Old August 18th, 2012, 04:29 PM
jorge
JORGE ESPINOZA
97 ST WHITE MODS SUPERCHARGED

Registry
Great vehicle , It's what I would want if I was in the market .
Good luck on he sale .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 18th, 2012, 04:50 PM
ssbartley1
Steve Bartley
1997 SW #160

Registry
I dont know if the market will support $35k for it, but- more power to you if you get that for it.

It is a nice old truck, no doubt about that.
"Walk tall, kick ass, learn to speak Arabic, love music and never forget you come from a long line of truth seekers, lovers and warriors."
- Hunter S. Thompson
Old August 21st, 2012, 02:35 AM
jvelador
Javier Velador
'95 D90 / '66 IIA

Nah, I don't want to separate the parts 'cause then I'll be stuck with half a cage that's been modified to fit a Series truck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old August 21st, 2012, 05:04 AM
aka rover
ed angel
95 D90

Registry
This is a really nice truck that was built to suit you... that being said you will be lucky to find a buyer with the same taste as you have.

I look at your Rover and see many things I would change to suit my style. what im trying to say is that don't expect to much from your rig with all your personal touchs.

You may find a buyer in your price range but the market is small for your rig with the defender style cage right hand drive etc.

Again a very nice build... but built for you! But im not sure how much your asking for it? if its 30k I think the market is very small as you can find a defender for this money pretty easy.

Not to put down your rover but if I was you I would be expecting somewhere in the high teens low tweentys. from the right buyer.

Just my .02 cents

Cheers Ed
67 NADA diesel tremec 4spd salisbury rear springs on front and a LOT MORE TO GO.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old August 21st, 2012, 06:46 AM
jvelador
Javier Velador
'95 D90 / '66 IIA

Ed,

I appreciate your insight. You're absolutely right, I pretty much refurbished it to my taste in every decision; color, cage, spare tire carrier, wheels, etc. The number of people that would buy it as is are few and far between.

If it sold to some buyer in Japan that was willing to pay top dollar, I may consider it, quickly.

I'd have to be in a difficult situation economically to take a $3,000 to $5,000 loss. I'd rather take that hit with my Defender to be perfectly honest.

Again, thanks for your opinions, all.

Old August 21st, 2012, 07:25 AM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Din't sell it Javier.

Very well restored and with the rollcage, possibly the safest series in the world.
Without it you'll see series trucks everywhere.
The guilt will torment you.

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old August 21st, 2012, 07:41 AM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
People, it's not going to sell to another cheap-ass LRO like you for 35K as a daily driver, that's for sure. If it is prepared properly, marketed to the right audience and put in a good auction it will do 35 easy and most likely more. I mean really who gives a hoot what you guys would pay, you aren't the folks he'd be selling to.
I might even be tempted to ask around at various Land Rover stealerships if they'd pile up some rocks, pop the LF tire up on top of said rocks, and put a very tiny sign on it that says who to contact if one were interested in acquiring such a collectible. Oh and of course the dealer would get a consignment. And there must be a picnic basket in the back.
You have to fire the imagination of the potential buyer.
Just look at the most recent Range Rover spot. Two rich guys out tearing up the coastal hills of California in a RR and a RR Sport in order to get a good pic of a Condor. Sooo environmentally conscious, those Range Rover people. Tell me they are selling the truck based on how much people THINK it should cost. They are hoping that you will imagine some wonderful adventures to take in your RR!

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"
1968 2A 88

All my troubles are Rover
Old August 21st, 2012, 08:02 AM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
So are you not selling it now, or only considering selling it now if you can get $35k? I'm glad you seem to say you want it to go to an enthusiast who will appreciate it, then bring up that you'd need to sell it to some Japanese person to make as much money on it as you'd like. This thread seems useless. 3 pages and still no price from the original poster.
Old August 21st, 2012, 09:13 AM
broadstone
Chris
'84 CSW 90 '74 NADA III '97 CSW 110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
This thread seems useless. 3 pages and still no price from the original poster.
To you perhaps but what does that matter? It is titled "need help pricing IIA" not "stay tuned and keep checking I will be pricing my series IIA soon".
Old August 21st, 2012, 09:31 AM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
It's useless as a For Sale Vehicles thread. Not useless as a Misc Chit Chat thread. This should be in Misc Chit Chat until a price is determined. He doesn't even know if he wants to actually sell it - therefore yes...it's useless as a For Sale thread.
Old August 21st, 2012, 09:51 AM
sonoronos
Ed
None

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by o2batsea View Post
People, it's not going to sell to another cheap-ass LRO like you for 35K as a daily driver, that's for sure. If it is prepared properly, marketed to the right audience and put in a good auction it will do 35 easy and most likely more. I mean really who gives a hoot what you guys would pay, you aren't the folks he'd be selling to.
Second that.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
series