Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old February 17th, 2005, 04:01 PM
Danny Kim
2.8L TGV 'XX Defender 90
Priced Reduced! - HS 2.8L TGV 110 Project

Price reduced to sell fast. $27,500.00

Project Defender 110 I was rebuilding for a customer moving to Thailand.

There are financially 75% of parts already purchased. The HS 2.8L powerstroke is in my possession imported from brazil. The intake horn has been re-routed, the timing belt, intercooler, and custom exhaust mount all bought. The tranny is from M&D engineering imported from the UK. It is a R380 with 300tdi bellhousing with Td5 gears, TD5 layshaft, TD5 pinions, and a 242mm heavy duty clutch, transfer case 1.4 gearing for Diesel. The front and rear axles are rebuild with ARB air lockers and Great Basin Rovers super heavy duty axles. Chassis has been reinforced with welded 1/4'' steel frame sliders and a heavy duty low profile welded rear crossmember intergrated hitch. The chassis is being prepped for a powder coating or galvanizing. Suspension, 10'' Fox shocks on the front and 14'' on the rear with long travel shock mounts and RoverTym HD rear links.

The truck comes with a Series IIa title and firewall which has been retro fitted to the Defender windshield and doors. This truck needs $12,000 for completion by a mechanic with additional and appropriate parts or $8000 to DIY. Worth about 55K-65K when finished.

This project needs alot of small thing: a roof/softop, a primary and secondary diesel fuel filter, primary fuel pump, wiring harness, all gauges, seats, seatbelts, side sills or sliders,
front grill, all signal/warning lights, head lights, exhaust, new latches, crap load of rivets (lol), all peddle pads, a dash board, heater core, all plumbing, steering fluid reservoir, 300tdi thrust bearing arm, and other small stuff I can't think of. The only big thing I can think of is a rollcage (optional) or the paint job. On one note the rear tub came off of a series 109 and the rear wheel well needs to be adjusted.

There is alot of work to be done but it is definitley a good investment in America if you choose to sell it or keep it for yourself. Very little depreciation. Email for photos. Serious buyers only. $27,500.00 or best offer. I am located in Portland, OR. You can email me at

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles