Price Check - '94 D90 ST - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old January 23rd, 2011, 07:50 AM
1994 D90 300tdi #730, SIII 88
All that really matters is what YOU think. If the truck is everything ( or mostly) what you want, go for it.
As for the concern about it being wheeled extensively, my opinion is that most of the serious wheelers are also the most in touch with the vehicle and it's mechanicals. Not to mention the cost of upgrades.
On the other hand, some owners are purists and have no use for anything that isn't OEM.

Old January 23rd, 2011, 08:56 AM
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team
Everything comes down to what, how and when you are going to use the truck. If you are looking to use it as a daily driver, or on long trips, the gearing will consume more gas than the stock axles. If you are going to use it as a second or third car, or weekender, it will be perfect for that. There are a lot of nice upgrades on that 90, so, if you ever wanted return it to stock or reduce it's trail-ability, you would have a pretty decent amount of cash do fix or replace parts and panels, by selling off parts.

If you buy it, drive it for 6 months before you start changing it.

Old January 23rd, 2011, 09:16 AM
You previously said you thought it was too much of a dedicated trail rig, but you wanted to confirm this in person. It sounds that it is a trail rig, and then some, with the scars to prove it. If you want it as a trail rig, arent afraid to throw a few more dents on the body, and use for some occasional on road driving, then buy it.

Before thinking you can sell the mods to make some money and return it to stock (if you wanted to) ask youself if you have the time, tools, and space to do so. Otherwise, having a shop do that will just increase the cost. From what it sounds like, it would need a lot of work to return it to stock, including body work.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 10:43 AM
D90 SW -- 2.8PS
If you want a daily driver that is off-road capable I would strongly recommend Clay's rig. It seems well sorted and with a lot of the perfect goodies while not compromising the comfort of the daily drive.

It sounds like you might not be happy with the one you're looking at and likely will need some work (steering at very least). Be careful what you "talk yourself into" as it is easy to do and then later regret it. It's worth paying a "little more" for the comfort of knowing it will need little or no work.

Transport likely would not be over $700 so just factor that into price.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 12:57 PM
92 RRC, 99 DII, 06 LR3, 09 LR2
Transport will be closer to $900 (even if it's only a few states away) all in from a reputable company. There a lots of bad ones so do your research!!! Also, you definately want to see it in person before you buy. Ask me how I know.
Thank you -

Old January 24th, 2011, 08:07 PM
TBD - looking!
Thanks everyone for the feedback! I've decided to pass - not the 'right fit' for me. However, if you're looking for a more trail oriented rig you need to look at this one - original owner, nice upgrades, and well maintained. Owner is very knowledgeable, straight forward, and willing to negotiate.

The hunt continues!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

90, d90