Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Closed Thread

Old April 25th, 2004, 03:02 PM
Micke77023
Mickey Ashmore
1997 Defender 90

Thumbs up 97 D90, Under 30k miles, Perfect, SG Modified

You can see the car at www.MickeyAshmore.com. Please e-mail me at Micke77023@aol.com instead of just posting a thread.

keep scrolling down to see more! I am 100 percent on selling the car now!

Thanks
Mickey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

97 AA Yellow D90
Safari Gard
91 Stock Range Rover Classic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 25th, 2004, 10:58 PM
Micke77023
Mickey Ashmore
1997 Defender 90

Well, I am not 100 percent on selling the car at all. About 50% of the time, I think it is agood idea to sell it. It isn't a practical car to take to college with me and if I can sell it for enough money. Why not? I can always get one again sometime down the line. But for now, I am not sure a Defender is in the best interest for me and college.

-Mickey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

97 AA Yellow D90
Safari Gard
Old June 9th, 2004, 01:09 AM
Micke77023
Mickey Ashmore
1997 Defender 90

Exclamation Perfect D90 For Sale. The Best in USA!

Asking Price: $45,000. Pictures and mods on MickeyAshmore.com. Total cost of mods + upgrades + flawlessness = $25k. The cost of the car retail is $35,000. The originality, mileage and quality of this vehicle make this a fair asking price.

The car has never been in a wreck. Before me, it was owned by an employee of Dream Works and was never driven. This guy met Greg Jevne, owner of SafariGard.com. The first owner had the 90 modified by Greg to be a replica of his 90, similarities can be seen at SafariGard.com. Then it was bought by Curtis, who lives in LA. I bought it from Curtis last Feb. We have driven it some.

The only problem with the car is the speedometer. It says the car is going faster than it really is b/c it was not calibrated after the mods. While it isn't a big deal, it has caused the odometer to read more miles than it should. It says 33k but is actually closer to 26k.
It was tested thoroughly and this is an accurate number.

The car is PERFECT except 3 minor dents. I have kept the car well tuned and maintained, complete check and fluids every 3k. I personally installed marine speakers, head unit, Borla exhaust, air filter, and all new shocks, etc. Added Safari Gard rear bumpers and developed a custom rear sway bar assembly to accommodate the lift. The inside is very clean, well kept.

The car has only been off road twice. However, its capability is amazing. It is one of the most capable Defender 90s in the country. SafariGard is internationally renowned for its innovative and capable products. It is clearly the best.

However, this was just a show car for me. It has been in Land Rover World, Peterson's Off Road, and Four Wheeler mags. It was in the Texas State Fair and attracted attention due to the amazing articulation on the RTI ramp. It comes with tons of extras. Two sets of tires and rims: off road and on road; Three tops: Bikini, Surrey, and Full. The on road rims: custom American Racing rims from very rare and expensive. I thought about selling them and people were offering me upwards of $2,000 for all 5- added bonus with truck. The truck is in perfect shape mechanically, NO PROBLEMS! It does not leak oil or fluid. It has AC/Heat. All vents were replaced. Transmission is in perfect condition. It is smooth and quiet.

Email: Micke77023@aol.com. Visit SafariGard.com to learn about mods + D-90.com to owner bios then Mickey Ashmore + MickeyAshmore.com

*** Much more information, this was cut down to make it concise for internet ads. E-mail Micke77023@aol.com for more information. Also, visit MickeyAshmore.com to see pictures. Visit D-90.com go to owner bios and click Mickey Ashmore as well. Also, visit SafariGard.com to become acquainted with my vehicle’s mods.

References
North Texas Rover phone number:

9-6 M-F Otherwise Available by Appt.
11324 Mathis Ave.
Dallas, TX 75229
Phone (972) 869-4881
Fax (972) 556-0548

Ask for Justin or Alan. Justin has worked on my car more and has actually driven it off road with me. He taught me everything about it, so try and talk to him but Alan is a good source as well. You may also want to speak to Chris Hinkle if he is around just because he is so familiar with EVERYTHING about Defenders.

VIN number: SALDV2245VA120188

Safari Gard Articles:
http://www.safarigard.com/LRWorld.htm / http://www.safarigard.com/PRess/PRess.htm

Other Safari Gard:
Basically, you can look at this part of the site: http://www.safarigard.com/catalog/de...7_products.htm
And realize that everything on this page is on my car except for the Beadlock rims and Tire Carrier.

Greg's D90:
http://www.safarigard.com/ShowPhoto.asp?img=11 - there are a lot of similarities. Notice the rims, the three lights, the front brush bar, etc.

214.691.4294 - Land Rover Dallas located on North Central Expressway. Close to my house. Try to talk to Jack Nelson, he works at the LR dealership. He is a good guy and he knows a bit about my car. Also, he is very knowledgeable about Land Rovers and Defenders.

This is his info:
Jack Nelson
Sales Guide
jacknelson@landroverdallas.com

Thanks
Mickey

97 AA Yellow D90
Safari Gard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 20th, 2004, 10:34 AM
Micke77023
Mickey Ashmore
1997 Defender 90

I sold it! I sold it! Getting a new car.

97 AA Yellow D90
Safari Gard
Old June 20th, 2004, 11:30 AM
mpodgorski
martin
'94 D90 ST Arles

good for you, how much did you get for it?
Old June 20th, 2004, 11:51 PM
Joe P
Joe Pfeiffer
Black 97 D-90ST #0605

Martin,

You sold your D-90. I loved your truck. In fact I am workng on getting mine to look like that with the exception of the roof rack. Sorry to hear that. Congrats anyway.

Joe

Mickey,

Congrats on selling your rig. Although I will miss the flame fests on the D-90 yahoo list. They were entertaining to say the least.

Joe
Old June 21st, 2004, 01:06 AM
Art Vigil
Arthur Vigil
None

Thank God.
'95 RRC - 3.9V8 Rimmer Supercharged!
'72 Series III 88" NADA Turner 2.25 petrol (Lovely Rita)
'95 RRC Brooklands/TWR Edition 3.9V8
'97 D90SW NAS #2426 - 3.9V8 Rimmer Supercharged!
'95 D90ST NAS#2620 - Original owner
Old June 21st, 2004, 06:42 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I hope you were appropriately compensated for the "flawlessness" of your truck - people just have so much trouble equating a certain number of dollars with a lack of flaws.

I tried charging a guy extra one time because my car only had 4 flaws and he was angry - I tried to explain to him that it could have had 23 flaws, but he was still angry.
Old June 21st, 2004, 11:16 AM
Trigger
Tony Fannin
'94 D-90 #491

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vigil
Thank God.
You got that right....
Old June 21st, 2004, 12:46 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

I think we can leave well enough alone now. The thread is now closed.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
90, d90