This is a 1983 Land Rover Series III "88, unique County model, right hand drive. This was imported directly from England this past summer and is in good running condition.
This landie was legally imported, and all customs paperwork is available. The vehicle is fully registered, titled and I insured in Massachusetts. The state safety inspection was also passed in Sept 2013.
88" wheelbase with ~63,000 miles.
4 spd manual trans, and Fairey overdrive.
4cyl Gasoline Engine
Complete picture set:
- Russet Brown ! exclusive to the County model along with the white stripes.
- The paint is original, and as such does show fade and wear.
- Original glazing/glass, no cracks.
- Overall solid body and chassis condition.
- Firewall looks good, stringers look solid.
- Tires are worn, ~5/10ths
- Roof is also original paint, good condition.
- Dent crease on the driver side door.
- Two brand new lower door panels (driver and passenger) are included with the car -- list for $600 each.
- Slight rust on front of radiator support panel, just to the left and right of the grill.
- A more recent radiator support, without rust, is also included.
- Rear seats are in very good condition, lap belts installed for two of the rear seats.
- Driver and center seat are good
- Interior floor panels are solid, but shows wear as does the dash and door panels.
- Door panel on drivers side OK.
- Door panel on passenger side is missing.
- Headlights, markers, rear tail lights all work.
- Fog lights not working.
- Interior lights work for dash and dome light.
- Door locks all functional, no exterior key.
- Fuel gauge works, as does speedometer.
- Heater system in place except for the actual blower.
- Trans shifts as expected (slow and deliberate)
- Newer shocks from Britparts.
- Recent distributor, and plug wires.
- Engine starts reliably, needs choke on cooler days.
- Spark plugs replaced Oct 2013
- Oil and filter Sept 2013, Mobil 1 10w40, high mileage.
- New fan belt.
- Idles well, pulls all gears well.
- E Brake works well.
- Brakes OK, a little squeak.
- Imported July 2013, driven locally on the South Shore (Hingham, MA)
- Usage in the UK was in the south of England, an estate in the Somerset area -- similar to the blue 1971 Series III that I also have listed.
- I am the third owner, 2nd owner was my father.
I can assist is arranging transportation/ shipping if needed.
Downer ave (google map) (yahoo map)