Not Mine - 110 NAS for $22k - Page 6 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old January 13th, 2013, 06:57 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

What's amazing is there is this piece of shit strip of metal used to hold the carpet to the seat box. It appears to have disintegrated into rusty shards. Why not take it off. It's only two screws and really doesn't hold the carpet down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 13th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlorman View Post
Here is a teaser. The pics he sent me are huge files, and i am not about to waste my time re-sizing them all. I have already wasted enough time on this cluster F.
Ouch. There's enough info in that one photo.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Old January 13th, 2013, 07:10 PM
zeusdavis
Jeff Davis
95 D90 ST 2006/3000

Registry
Well ladies, I just spoke to the infamous seller and it appears to be "80% sold at $42,000". The other 20% is exchanging money. For what it's worth he said he felt bad in the way he handled it but he just wanted fair market value and figured the market would determine what that value was.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 13th, 2013, 07:12 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeusdavis
Well ladies, I just spoke to the infamous seller and it appears to be "80% sold at $42,000". The other 20% is exchanging money. For what it's worth he said he felt bad in the way he handled it but he just wanted fair market value and figured the market would determine what that value was.
I am shocked he got 42. I'm putting my 90in Craigslist for a dollar or best offer.
Old January 13th, 2013, 07:22 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I'm going to offer this idiot $50 just to F with him.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old January 13th, 2013, 07:23 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Kind of funny - I tend to think you're a dick, too. I can't stand sellers who have to lie or clearly misrepresent a truck in order to sell it, and you think I'm a dick when I and others call you out for doing just that. It's not like I'm making anything up...there would be no need for me to do so. You have a crappy reputation around here with MANY members over numerous years; your wife was somehow pregnant with twins for 2-3 years...or at least that's what we could gather from your eBay ads for years when you were "reluctantly forced to sell due to wife being pregnant with twins" - then you'd end "No Reserve" auctions in the final minutes when members here were the high bidder, then offer it to them for more... and more recently (as I said earlier) you took a truck with clear odometer issues and lied about the miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathon View Post
i bought the truck out of texas and thats what it had in it when i purchased it
i would never mess with miles on a car and don't appreciate josh's comment
kermit might have changed odometer when he swapped to the 300tdi motor or previous owner in texas could have changed odo
Funny how when it was sold to you, the listing clearly stated that the miles on Kermit's Defender 110 73/500 (vin SALDH1285PA918150 ) were unknown, and the Carfax and Autocheck show it as having 200k miles all the way back in 2005, but somehow when you went to go sell it, you listed it as having how many miles? Exactly. haha

http://www.fordofkirkland.com/autoch...DH1285PA918150

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=35600

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...94&postcount=8

Listing from when you bought it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBay February 2012
Description

The ENGINE in above description is INCORRECT and was autofilled from the specs noted by the VIN. Vehicle has been converted to a 300 TDI! I purchased this a couple of years ago from the original owner. It runs and drives great but my interests have moved in other directions and she deserves someone who will put her to better use! Exact mileage is unknown because the vehicle was converted to the coveted 300 TDI diesel & R380 transmission around 1999. Seats have been upgraded to leather Range Rover seats both front & rear. Rearmost jumpseats have been removed but will be included with purchase.Full-sized spare is now on the hood or 'bonnet' and the wheels/tires on the trailer are fully interchangeable if you get in a bind in the backwoods!The vehicle operates in full-time 4wd and has a fully locking transfer case and ARB lockers front & rear for serious conditions.The nerf bars are air-tank capable and a power welder & air compressor are located under the passenger seat.300 TDI diesel engineR380 transmissionFront & Rear ARB air lockersRange Rover leather interiorRear interior diamond platedTuffy locking consoleFront expedition bumper/brush guard with winch & Kinetic recovery lineRear expedition bumper with receiver hitchFull safari roof rack with 20g auxiliary fuel tank7 Hella off road lamps, including pencil beam in the middleRear roof mounted work lampSnorkle200 amp alternatorPower welderRear auxiliary AC unitBack seat auxiliary heaterRear spare tire cover hides a hidden rear storage box Matching chuck wagon trailer was built from a another RoverFully articulated hitch for offroadingOversized tires & rims match Defender and can be swapped to vehicle in case of emergencyFresh water tankSinkPropane clampStove topand extrasThis thing has it all! I am a motivated seller with clear title, don't hesitate to contact me with questions, serious offers, etc.I reserve the right to end the auction early should this sell through other channels.
You seemed to have been able to sell quite a few parts here recently without too many issues, so I will applaud you for that. But your tactics for selling vehicles are terrible.
Old January 13th, 2013, 07:28 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho
Kind of funny - I tend to think you're a dick, too. I can't stand sellers who have to lie or clearly misrepresent a truck in order to sell it, and you think I'm a dick when I and others call you out for doing just that. It's not like I'm making anything up...there would be no need for me to do so. You have a crappy reputation around here with MANY members over numerous years; your wife was somehow pregnant with twins for 2-3 years...or at least that's what we could gather from your eBay ads for years when you were "reluctantly forced to sell due to wife being pregnant with twins" - then you'd end "No Reserve" auctions in the final minutes when members here were the high bidder, then offer it to them for more... and more recently (as I said earlier) you took a truck with clear odometer issues and lied about the miles.

Funny how when it was sold to you, the listing clearly stated that the miles on Kermit's Defender 110 73/500 (vin SALDH1285PA918150 ) were unknown, and the Carfax and Autocheck show it as having 200k miles all the way back in 2005, but somehow when you went to go sell it, you listed it as having how many miles? Exactly. haha

http://www.fordofkirkland.com/autoch...DH1285PA918150

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=35600

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...94&postcount=8

Listing from when you bought it:
Amazing!
Old January 13th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
Quote:
Who's email is @elliot.com? Email came back. Please pm me your address
That domain is Downshift
Old January 13th, 2013, 07:30 PM
BLUE94
Kelby Saxton
1994 Defender 90

I have been talking to and emailing this guy since yesterday. I only live about an hour away and I told him I could give him a couple thousand dollars today as a deposit and I would get him the rest of the money tomorrow. But he just sent me a text saying that he has a verbal commitment at 32K. Whatever.
Old January 13th, 2013, 07:45 PM
mlorman
Mark Lorman
95 ST #2782

Starting to think this may be a scam or this guy is a nut case.
Old January 13th, 2013, 07:51 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Starting to think this may be a scam or this guy is a nut case.
Yeah, looks like Sam and I were right afterall!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
I know some have said it's legit, but the wording in his ad about rarity etc. just don't jive with the price.
Old January 13th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Shep29
KS
'95 RRC LWB

Registry
How much does a total rust-bucket 110 with a 195k miles go for? If you go by the pic mlorman posted that's what it looks like this is.
'96 D1 SE7 Willow Green - SOLD
Old January 13th, 2013, 09:11 PM
madcowdungbeetle
Carter
1994 D90 on 37s supreme balla style

Registry
I've seen similiar 110's with rust like that pic was posted. In truth 22K is probably a good value for that truck, maybe even a little high, since all your getting is a dashboard, windscreen, SW top and sides, headliner a few cage bits and a title. That thing has also had a shitty respray.
Old January 13th, 2013, 09:49 PM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
This is a great thread.
Old January 13th, 2013, 09:58 PM
smob
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddymow View Post
This is a great thread.
This is a great forum. Amen.
Old January 13th, 2013, 11:20 PM
LagunaDallasD90
Brady
1994 D90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese_D90 View Post
People in Texas are scary and can't be trusted. They are like Carnies, Circus folk. Nomads, you know. Smell like cabbage. Small hands.
My thoughts exactly when I moved to Texas over 11 years ago. Still here, apparently.
1994 D90 - #1689, 26K Original Miles
A Few Prissy Range Rovers (All Sold)
2009 Mercedes SL63 AMG
2013 Tesla Model S P85
Old January 14th, 2013, 05:58 AM
geoellis
George
1995 D90 #2904 - BB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese_D90 View Post
People in Texas are scary and can't be trusted. They are like Carnies, Circus folk. Nomads, you know. Smell like cabbage. Small hands.

Oh beeehaave!
Old January 14th, 2013, 06:24 AM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by madcowdungbeetle View Post
I've seen similiar 110's with rust like that pic was posted. In truth 22K is probably a good value for that truck, maybe even a little high, since all your getting is a dashboard, windscreen, SW top and sides, headliner a few cage bits and a title. That thing has also had a shitty respray.
And. Salvage history to boost, some of us don't care , but the person paying 50k will
Old January 14th, 2013, 07:07 AM
Stormer
JP
2008 RRSC

Registry
$42k with 195k, a salvage title and rust? The market for NAS 110's must be truly out of control.

I would rather have had the RMR green 110 with a salvage title at $29k for sale last year and had to buy a new NAS cage. No rust there and 54k miles!
Old January 14th, 2013, 07:26 AM
SMac
Sam
NAS 97 D90 SW

So......did this really sell for $42K or was it a scam/wierdo? He obviously did not care for my $40K in dollar coins.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
110, nas