Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old February 23rd, 2013, 06:10 PM
bossman429
Adrian
1988 90

Registry
Not a Rover - 2000 Mustang GT track car

Reluctantly I am putting my very cherished Mustang up for sale. In an attempt to fund my 110 build. I’ve owned the car since 2002 when I graduated high school. It was purchased with 25k miles on it and become my pride and joy. It has ALWAYS been garaged kept, I don’t think it’s seen a flake of snow since I’ve owned it and meticulously cared for (to the point of obsession some would say). I put only another 25k miles on the car over the next 11 years. Car currently has 56k miles on it. 4.5 yrs ago I got involved with HPDE events and the car hasn’t been registered for street use in the past 3 years or so. It’s been extensively upgraded but it’s really not that far away from being a streetable car again.
This car would make an excellent track day toy, TT car or even a very good car for an AI build.
Car has been tuned by Wicked Motorsports and put down 287rwhp and 310 ft/lbs tq. It’s very responsive and much quicker than the HP # would lead you to believe.

Engine:
Original 4.6L 16V SOHC V8 w/ 56k miles on it.
VT Stage II cams w/ Comp Cams valve springs
Steeda Under Drive pulleys
C&L Intake tube, K&N Air Filter, C&L upper intake plenum and Accufab Throttle Body
Exhaust:
JBA Stainless Steel Short Tube Headers (very high quality headers IMO and best of all you can change the clutch w/out removing them
BBK Off Road X pipe
Magnaflow Mufflers
Drivetrain:
Pro 5.0 Short throw shift
Fidanza AL flywheel
Centerforce Clutch
Steeda firewall clutch cable adjuster
Steeda Al clutch quadrant
FRPP AL Driveshaft
31 spline Auburn Pro Race series differential
4.10 FRPP Ring and pinion
31 spline Moser Axles
Wheels/Tires:
Ford 17x9 Cobra R wheels (95 style)
Toyo R888 275/40/17

Brakes:
Front 13” 4 piston 2000 Cobra R Brembo, braided stainless steel lines
3” brake ducts
Rear Cobra Vented 11.65 Rotors w/ Cobra Rear Calipers
Exterior:
03/04 cobra front bumper
Saleen side scoops
Cervinis 00 cobra R hood
Interior/Safety:
Kirkey Intermediate racing seats (15” drivers, 16” passenger
6 point Weld in AutoPower roll cage
5 point racing harness
Suspension:
Front:
Steeda Competition Road Race springs
Tokico D-Spec Adjustable Struts
Steeda Bump Steer kit
Steeda Sway Bar End Links
Steeda Caster/Camber Plates
Steeda X2Ball joints
Stock Sway bar ( I have an upgraded Eibach sway bar kit that can some with it), I was trying to dial in the correct set up and switched back to the stock set up)
Rear:
Steeda 5 link rear suspension
D&D lower control arms
Steeda Comp springs
Tokico d-spec adjustable shocks
Eibach sway bar
Steering:
Maximum Motorsports Steering shaft
Chassis:
Tubular weld on subframe connectors

Misc:
Raptor LED shift light
AXM transponder hard wired w/ lighted on/off switch
Brand new dry cell PC680 battery (weighs 12lbs)
AC system has been removed, along with the radio.
Interior is stripped out and the inside has been painted with eastwood extreme chassis paint. I have just about all the interior pieces minus the rear side panels, OEM seats (I have a rear seat delete to replace the rear seats) Door cards will not fit with the weld in cage, but everything else should. All interior items are in great condition.
I’m probably missing some items but you get the idea. This vehicle is very capable, an absolute blast to drive, and rather quick. It’s not overwhelming but can certainly hold its own. The tune is phenominal and has great power throughout the rev range. The suspension makes its 100 times more neutral to drive and does not have the typical mustang under steer. Its reliable as all hell. Has NEVER been in an accident (on or off track). Paint is in great condition, with the exception of a few chips here and there on the front as any car that’s been on the track would have. Power windows and locks still in the car and work. (very convenient for when it starts to rain while you’re at the track).
Issues – the only possible issue is a small chip in the windshield from a rock that got kicked up on the track. If it’s a deal breaker I’ll gladly have it repaired by safelite or the likes. It’s been there for a year and hasn’t spread at all.

Price - $10,000. There is more than that much in parts alone.
Car is located in Monmouth County NJ – please call 732-874-4134 if interested - Adrian

Vid I put together:
http://youtu.be/jKbLRDu1UuU

I also have a 17’ open car trailer w/ dove tails. (2) 3500lbs axles, Brakes on one axle w/ break away kit. Newer tires, brand new spare, lockable tool box up front. – if interested I would be willing to make a package deal.
Here is a picture of the trailer... its carrying my 4500lbs Land Rover and does it just fine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0553.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	66716   Click image for larger version

Name:	20120527_NJM_TT_5712.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	66717  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20120527_NJM_TT_4156.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	66718   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0430.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	66719  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 23rd, 2013, 06:48 PM
GYM
Gary
97 SW

Adrian: Please try and give yourself some time to really consider this decision. You obviously love this car and with good reason. You've got a lot of blood, sweat and tears in it, and it is a beautiful ride.

Not to get all Oprah on ya, but many vehicles will come and go in your life. Your first serious hot rod will always have a special place in your heart, though. You might regret this decision one day.

Think of the posts we see here with guys looking to find and hopefully buy back their first Defender...
Old February 23rd, 2013, 07:00 PM
bossman429
Adrian
1988 90

Registry
trust me I gave this a lot of thought. I love the car, and will never get a fraction of what I've put into it. But I'm looking for a change I pace, and I'm trying to consolidate the toys I have. Id rather have just one toy that I can use more often and with more people (wife, kid to be, dog etc) than my car which gets used a few weekends a yr, and never involves anyone else

If it doesn't sell I won't be crushed, but if it can go towards something better I'm all for that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 23rd, 2013, 07:23 PM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
Just to put things in perspective and to prove that Rovers are a true addiction......
http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=32498

It's taken what, about 18 months? And here's a guy that (at least my impression anyway) was a die hard hot rod enthusiast......who lived to build FAST things. Fast forward almost two years and he's contemplating building a 110 out of a ROW 90.

Hope we all see the humor and irony in this character arc. Myself included. I used to be a 911 nut, now I spend more money on my Defender than I did on a Porsche!

So now Adrian is selling his beloved Stang to finance a ludicrous build that he'll never see a dime of in return.

Welcome to the inner circle! We should start a RA (Rovers Anonymous) group so we can all share our disease and support each other!

All kidding aside, GLWS (I bet that thing sounds absolutely angry when you stomp on the loud pedal!)
Old February 23rd, 2013, 07:40 PM
bossman429
Adrian
1988 90

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Treehorn View Post
Just to put things in perspective and to prove that Rovers are a true addiction......
http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=32498

It's taken what, about 18 months? And here's a guy that (at least my impression anyway) was a die hard hot rod enthusiast......who lived to build FAST things. Fast forward almost two years and he's contemplating building a 110 out of a ROW 90.

Hope we all see the humor and irony in this character arc. Myself included. I used to be a 911 nut, now I spend more money on my Defender than I did on a Porsche!

So now Adrian is selling his beloved Stang to finance a ludicrous build that he'll never see a dime of in return.

Welcome to the inner circle! We should start a RA (Rovers Anonymous) group so we can all share our disease and support each other!

All kidding aside, GLWS (I bet that thing sounds absolutely angry when you stomp on the loud pedal!)
Haha. Yea. That and the whole married thing started change my outlook on what a hobby should be all about

But yea.... With the mufflers dumped just in front of the rear axle. It does sound like a raped ape (in a good way).
Old February 23rd, 2013, 07:48 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

How about pix of this beauty?

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old February 23rd, 2013, 07:51 PM
bossman429
Adrian
1988 90

Registry
There's a few in the first post no?
Old February 23rd, 2013, 08:30 PM
triple9music
Chad Davis
1984 Defender 90

Registry
A raped ape! That's classic!! Good luck man! I'm

Goin to forward this to a friend who might be interested.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
2000, ac, rack