Newly for sale 110 Defenders - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old September 3rd, 2014, 11:28 AM
pendy's Avatar
pendy
Status: Offline
jim pendleton
89'd90
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: andover, ks usa
Posts: 2,341
I do not think that it is hatred that is being projected towards you. And really this is not a "Sad bunch" that you are communicating with. And it is not a "Sad bunch" that you are trying to sell your 2 vehicles to.

But people are wary here when a for sale ad seems to good to be true. And maybe it is.

Do you have someone in San Diego that can allow a test drive of one of the vehicles? I would start there and just defer the other questions to any one that is a potential buyer that wants to take a test drive. If you have documents then offer to show them to anyone serious enough to make the effort of taking a test drive and inspecting the vehicle. Do so during that process.

That seems like a good start since you possibly have a friend named David that is in San Diego trying to help you sell your vehicles.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandiego Defender View Post
Oh my god. You're really a Sad bunch. Such hatred. Why? Life's too short.
__________________
legend in my own mind

Advice is only as good as the person applying it--
Don't make me give you bad advice!

Lemons or lemonaide, whatever your taste provides.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #22  
Old September 3rd, 2014, 11:41 AM
Sandiego Defender
Status: Offline
Ryan Spain
1984
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9
There's nothing shady about my Defenders. Nor my name. David is my middle name and Ryan my first name. Want to see my passport?

I've owned and imported these properly. Want to see my documents? Any inspection is welcome and a test drive encouraged. They are located in San Diego and private message me for a viewing.

Anyway Its unfortunate that you're all so traumatized by recent events. It's terrible that the government has the power to do that, the patriot act... I'm ,going to go else where as this is too much work and I don't like the slanderous remarks, it's not cool, I've not said anything back, it's like everyone's mad at me, like it's my fault.

Good luck to you all..

David Ryan Spain

------ Follow up post added September 3rd, 2014 07:43 AM ------

Anyone is welcome to come and inspect the defenders. There can be test driven anytime.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old September 3rd, 2014, 11:44 AM
Z.G's Avatar
Z.G
Status: Offline
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Burlington, VT
Posts: 4,685
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandiego Defender View Post
Nor my name. David is my middle name and Ryan my first name.

David Ryan Spain
.
Hmmm???

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #24  
Old September 3rd, 2014, 11:44 AM
Nomar's Avatar
Nomar
Status: Offline
Jeff B
RR HNTR,RR LWB Tdi
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Central,Virginia
Posts: 4,291
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandiego Defender View Post
Want to see my passport?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandiego Defender View Post
I've owned and imported these properly. Want to see my documents?
Yes.


.
__________________


Real Rovers have round headlights!
Rent my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
Just a few miles from 4x4 access!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old September 3rd, 2014, 11:46 AM
Brewie212's Avatar
Brewie212
Status: Offline
Brian Kandefer
1957 107 wagon, 94 arles St, 101 FC
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 3,174
__________________
"Someone once told me not to bite off more than I can chew, I told them I'd rather choke on greatness than nibble on mediocrity!!!"
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old September 3rd, 2014, 11:51 AM
Uncle Douglas's Avatar
Uncle Douglas
Status: Offline
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Gods Country- Central Virginia
Posts: 11,841
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandiego Defender View Post
Oh my god. You're really a Sad bunch. Such hatred. Why? Life's too short.
Actually, not hate @ all.

I import 6-12 defenders a month for owners who have already bought their trucks overseas, so I'm well versed on the subject. Several members of this forum have had trucks seized @ ports of entry simply because they had the 200tdi engine under the hood. I congratulated you because shipping them to the US, knowing they were not elligible for entry here was akin to rolling dice @ a crap table in Vegas with very high odds against you and $40K of your money on the table. You gambled and won, congratulations again. Hopefully you have a way of titling the trucks in another state so you can sell them. Welcome to the forum.
__________________
Good judgement comes from experience,experience comes from bad judgement.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

410.693.1391


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old September 3rd, 2014, 12:09 PM
Overlander's Avatar
Overlander
Status: Offline
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 6,531
Registry
Honey badger is holding off on buying these 110s until they are titled. Honey badger don't care about stateside or Somali royal credentials

__________________
Mark Kellgren
KM4BOR

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old September 3rd, 2014, 12:12 PM
rijosho's Avatar
rijosho
Status: Offline
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,557
Registry
For those who are potentially interested in one or both of these vehicles, but wary that David Ryan Spain, Ryan David Spain, Mahoney or whatever his name is, is trying to scam by posting the vehicles for sale while in another country, it appears that he is indeed in California from time to time. Here is a 1972 Mercedes he had for sale earlier this year over on the Benz forum.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/sale...50-c-sale.html
__________________
Quote:
I am talking purely from an aesthetics standpoint.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old September 3rd, 2014, 12:19 PM
o2batsea's Avatar
o2batsea
Status: Offline
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: kensington md
Posts: 6,505
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandiego Defender View Post
There's nothing shady about my Defenders.
Nobody is saying that. We want proof that these are legally here and state titled. Based on many other's experience in California, getting title docs in that state will be exceedingly difficult. Simply handing a (prospective) buyer a v5 and taking their money, or even a deposit, for the truck is tantamount to grand theft. I am sure you are aware of that. Without proper paperwork they are just worthless. Show us. I am sure there are several people watching this discussion hoping that you will prove that these are for real so they can buy.
__________________
Bill Adams

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"
1968 2A 88

All my troubles are Rover
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old September 3rd, 2014, 12:40 PM
NPT90's Avatar
NPT90
Status: Offline
JT
D90 óriginalé
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: DC/MD
Posts: 2,772
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandiego Defender View Post
Anyway Its unfortunate that you're all so traumatized by recent events. It's terrible that the government has the power to do that, the patriot act... I'm ,going to go else where as this is too much work and I don't like the slanderous remarks, it's not cool, I've not said anything back, it's like everyone's mad at me, like it's my fault.
Actually, it is the fault of importers like yourself who circumvented the rules and led to a number of legally imported trucks falling victim to several illegal examples, like you have for sale here.

Just because you hold citizenship in an EU country doesn't mean you can sell these vehicles. They have to be exported or inspected if they change hands, since they are here temporarily and not 'imported' what you are doing is pretty underhanded.

I applaud you for managing the work around to import law, I cannot stress enough that both of these trucks will be a huge PITA to sell. Unless of course you, as they say, take the money and run.

As a community I wouldn't advise anyone to buy these vehicles without a state title. Even then (because I know I could easily have titled these in several states) once your temporary permit for these vehicles runs out the CBP will be looking for a record of export... When they find the vin registered to a US citizen shit is going to hit the fan.

"Nonresidents may import a vehicle duty-free for personal use up to (1) one year if the vehicle is imported in conjunction with the owner's arrival. Vehicles imported under this provision that do not conform to U.S. safety and emission standards must be exported within one year and may not be sold in the U.S. There is no exemption or extension of the export requirements." -CBP Website

I'd wager you'll be long gone by then. And I am not saying that you are doing this by design, I am just saying you may be slightly uninformed in the area of importation and subsequent confiscation.

Read: https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...-the-u.s.-with

Pardon our suspicions, you have presented very little in the form of factual representation that these vehicles have been inspected and are for legal road use in the United States. With the late model engines and options present in these vehicles I would be very surprised if they have been cleared by CBP, but i've been wrong before...
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old September 3rd, 2014, 12:58 PM
Rocky's Avatar
Rocky
Status: Offline
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Colonies Aka Boston
Posts: 8,792
David or Ryan: you need the help of an experienced person in these matters. Dr Aaron in NC is the man you need to contact.
__________________
A friend of mine runs a land rover / range rover specialty repair shop. Based on his experience, they are capable of stopping anywhere, anytime, at any cost.

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old September 3rd, 2014, 01:04 PM
rijosho's Avatar
rijosho
Status: Offline
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,557
Registry
Wait how do you know these were imported under temp tags under the foreign citizenship exemption? Did he say that somewhere and I missed it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtomchik View Post
Actually, it is the fault of importers like yourself who circumvented the rules and led to a number of legally imported trucks falling victim to several illegal examples, like you have for sale here.

Just because you hold citizenship in an EU country doesn't mean you can sell these vehicles. They have to be exported or inspected if they change hands, since they are here temporarily and not 'imported' what you are doing is pretty underhanded.

I applaud you for managing the work around to import law, I cannot stress enough that both of these trucks will be a huge PITA to sell. Unless of course you, as they say, take the money and run.

As a community I wouldn't advise anyone to buy these vehicles without a state title. Even then (because I know I could easily have titled these in several states) once your temporary permit for these vehicles runs out the CBP will be looking for a record of export... When they find the vin registered to a US citizen shit is going to hit the fan.

"Nonresidents may import a vehicle duty-free for personal use up to (1) one year if the vehicle is imported in conjunction with the owner's arrival. Vehicles imported under this provision that do not conform to U.S. safety and emission standards must be exported within one year and may not be sold in the U.S. There is no exemption or extension of the export requirements." -CBP Website

I'd wager you'll be long gone by then. And I am not saying that you are doing this by design, I am just saying you may be slightly uninformed in the area of importation and subsequent confiscation.

Read: https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...-the-u.s.-with

Pardon our suspicions, you have presented very little in the form of factual representation that these vehicles have been inspected and are for legal road use in the United States. With the late model engines and options present in these vehicles I would be very surprised if they have been cleared by CBP, but i've been wrong before...
__________________
Quote:
I am talking purely from an aesthetics standpoint.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old September 3rd, 2014, 01:04 PM
Jonesy's Avatar
Jonesy
Status: Offline
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Leesburg, VA
Posts: 4,447
Registry
LMAO
__________________
"The difference between stupidity and genius, is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old September 3rd, 2014, 01:12 PM
NPT90's Avatar
NPT90
Status: Offline
JT
D90 óriginalé
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: DC/MD
Posts: 2,772
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Wait how do you know these were imported under temp tags under the foreign citizenship exemption? Did he say that somewhere and I missed it?
"The titles I have not as its pointless to register twice" (I took this as it still has a foreign registration)

I am making a bit of a leap there, it would just be a very easy way to get these stateside without CBP inspection. I would wager that 95% of DMV employees just take the vin, input it into the system, and register the car. So by the time the use expired (1 year) the seller would be long gone.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old September 3rd, 2014, 01:22 PM
Uncle Douglas's Avatar
Uncle Douglas
Status: Offline
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Gods Country- Central Virginia
Posts: 11,841
Registry
I would assume he's done a perm import and has the trucks. He just needs to step up pay the taxes and title them so they can be sold, they don't have to even be registered, just titled. Yes the next person will have to pay tax in their state and title them again but import docs are not transferable.

California isn't going to title them, not because of his residency or confusion about what his name is, because the trucks won't meet the states requirements.

There does seem to be a bit of a visceral response in this thread
__________________
Good judgement comes from experience,experience comes from bad judgement.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

410.693.1391


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old September 3rd, 2014, 01:36 PM
rijosho's Avatar
rijosho
Status: Offline
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,557
Registry
I'd agree on the visceral response statement, from both the seller in response to some basic questions, and others who have responded based on unconfirmed info. I'd also agree that the information that David Ryan Spain Mahoney Ryan has supplied has been incomplete, and that it appears that although he welcomed and encouraged any questions in the first post of this thread, that the questions are not ones he had anticipated. It is certainly OK to ask if the vehicles are in the US, and if they have been titled in the US if so. I would caution jumping to the conclusion that he imported these under temp tags and phrasing it in a way that it appears that that has been somehow confirmed, as it has not. I would also caution any seller from attempting to sell a vehicle from a location other than his current residence as it not only raises the scam alert red flags and immediately makes potential sellers wary of any other details you provide, but also makes it incredibly difficult to efficiently sell the vehicle. In looking at David Ryan Spain Mahoney Ryan's other thread over on the mercedes board, it looks like buying and selling vehicles is not a new game for him, but that his timing for selling the vehicles is often flawed, as he's never in the location where the vehicle is being sold from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Douglas View Post
I would assume he's done a perm import and has the trucks. He just needs to step up pay the taxes and title them so they can be sold, they don't have to even be registered, just titled. Yes the next person will have to pay tax in their state and title them again but import docs are not transferable.

California isn't going to title them, not because of his residency or confusion about what his name is, because the trucks won't meet the states requirements.

There does seem to be a bit of a visceral response in this thread
__________________
Quote:
I am talking purely from an aesthetics standpoint.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old September 3rd, 2014, 01:48 PM
Uncle Douglas's Avatar
Uncle Douglas
Status: Offline
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Gods Country- Central Virginia
Posts: 11,841
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Treehorn View Post
Lots of lying, stealing, cheating, snitching and whatnot involving Defenders, so you'll need to excuse the skepticism.
Like I said, do it correctly and this forum is the best. Do it wrong and you're done.
That's signature line material, and you don't have one yet.
__________________
Good judgement comes from experience,experience comes from bad judgement.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

410.693.1391


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old September 3rd, 2014, 02:06 PM
def11's Avatar
def11
Status: Offline
Jason
93 110 NAS
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Costa Mesa
Posts: 128
Hey I can go see them today as it seems they are in long beach.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb...648363732.html
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old September 3rd, 2014, 02:14 PM
javelinadave
Status: Offline
-
-
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: -
Posts: 5,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by def11 View Post
Hey I can go see them today as it seems they are in long beach.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb...648363732.html
They are also in San Diego (Poway)
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/cto/4640139926.html
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/cto/4640117668.html

Suspicious? What do you think?
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old September 3rd, 2014, 02:17 PM
Z.G's Avatar
Z.G
Status: Offline
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Burlington, VT
Posts: 4,685
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelinadave View Post
Dave, I'm guessing you've never dealt drugs. You make twice as much money if you cut the vehicles and turn them into 4, or especially 6.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
110, 1984, 1985, defender, defender 110, defender 110 for sale, for sale

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1994 D90 Beluga Black ST newly listed on ebay Docsug The Flea Market 12 May 18th, 2015 06:10 PM
Defenders, Defenders and more Defenders d90boy Wanted 13 March 25th, 2014 12:40 PM
Newly listed on ebay dave_lucas Support & Suggestions 3 March 8th, 2013 07:21 PM
CTR for the "Newly Listed on Ebay" window down_shift Misc. Chit-Chat 0 July 11th, 2012 10:50 AM
3 Defenders for sale Willh The Flea Market 0 August 4th, 2008 09:18 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:15 AM.


Copyright