Nas 110 Fs - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old October 26th, 2007, 03:39 PM
mpsteil
Michael Steil
NAS 110#23,97 ST#665

It is going to Oregon. The new owner grew up very near me and his father is still local which made the sale very easy. I think he is going to restore it and so he has his work cut out for him. As we know the body was pretty rough. Nice guy, his name is Fred and I bet we see him on the board as he will need a ton of advice and help.. Thanks,MIke
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 26th, 2007, 09:01 PM
pcscharfe
pcdefender
D90/NAS 110

At the risk of sounding like a nosey bastard, how much did you get for it?

I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering what it takes to own 110 in need of a fair amount of work...

Thanks!
Old October 27th, 2007, 11:07 AM
mpsteil
Michael Steil
NAS 110#23,97 ST#665

How about if I just say it went for more than 25k but less than 30.5k. I told the new owner I would not give up his offer. Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 27th, 2007, 11:21 AM
ORover
Fred
NAS 110s #24 and #466

Thanks Mike! I can't believe I now own rust-free NAS Defender 110 #24! The Def. made the 500 mile trip to Oregon without as much as a hiccup. I'm amazed how un-jeeplike the ride is on the highway - very compliant ride probably due to the long wheelbase and new shocks and springs. MPG was 14.18 with some big mountain passes (okay, I was bored on such a long trip so I played with the calculator) and the aggressive mud-only tires were too loud on the highway and probably affected the MPG. I was also carrying over 800 pounds of added cargo. Night driving is easy with the brights illuminating about 1/2 mile of road ahead - best brights I've ever owned. The steering could be a bit tighter but maybe that's just the way it is - a new stabilizer may help or bushings. The attention by other drivers is more than I would really like. I took the shovel off the hood - maybe that will help avoid the pointing and stares. I have to say that the interior looks way too new for the condition of the exterior. It must have been redone at some point. Nice to have ALL of the books and records and know the history all the way back to the beginning as well.

I had the 110 inspected and evaluated at great length with Mike (the owner of Cerrone's Land Rover Service in Redwood City) and he said it was a very solid 110 with lots of improvements. He's been servicing it for 9 years. He said a 4.6 would really make it more driveable and offered to do the swap which would take a week. I've already sanded and primed parts of the body and purchased two pints of Alpine White LRC 456 paint. I've had people already follow me and ask me about it. One guy in my town stopped while I was at the gas station and knew a TON of info on NAS 110's and offered to help me out if I want to do any upgrades. He has a 110 chassis/frame and Salisbury rear disc brake axles as well as a low mile Toyota iForce motor and transmission which offered me for $1k and help me install (which I don't think I will do). It's tempting because he's already made the adapter plates and figured out the conversion for a 110. Right now, I'm very happy with the engine's performance and with new tires (tire advice is appreciated!) I will be ready to start restoring SafariCar (my kids named it).

I intend to keep it stock but I'd like to change the roll bar to black (local guy does powder coating). I really like the ECR NAS 110 look. Cars in Central Oregon don't rust (I live in the desert part of Oregon where it NEVER rains and when it snows, they don't use salt but sand) so this one will be rust free as long as I have it. I can't see EVER selling it. I read that only 385 NAS 110's still even exist so I don't imagine I'll see another one for a while.

Thanks again Mike!!

Pictures coming soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcscharfe
At the risk of sounding like a nosey bastard, how much did you get for it?

I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering what it takes to own 110 in need of a fair amount of work...

Thanks!
Old October 27th, 2007, 12:03 PM
mpsteil
Michael Steil
NAS 110#23,97 ST#665

Awsome Fred , I am glad to hear that you made it. As you know I was more than a little worried about that long of a trip in that truck. I just did not drive it enough to have that much faith in it but I know Frank at Cerrone's was more than confident it would make it. Welcome to your new addiction. I am very happy I only have one truck to work on now. I just did speakers in the factory speaker holes that came out pretty decent. If you upgrade let me know and I will give you the pros and cons of what I did. Congrats, that truck needed someone like you. You have done more work to it in a few days than I did in six months. Mike
Old October 27th, 2007, 01:21 PM
rgrrvr
DJ Menasco is The Dude
1995 D90

you want to sell the old tires?
Old October 27th, 2007, 01:38 PM
ORover
Fred
NAS 110s #24 and #466

Yes, I'm going to buy new tires today so these are for sale. I will keep the same size 235-85-16.

How do I ship tires? Separate or two at a time bound together with clear tape?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrrvr
you want to sell the old tires?
Old October 27th, 2007, 11:55 PM
mpsteil
Michael Steil
NAS 110#23,97 ST#665

UPS will ship tires unboxed or foward air which is a cargo shipper and will be cheaper but they will have to be on a palet. I would try your local Craigs list first,you might get lucky and not have to ship them. Mike
Old October 30th, 2007, 08:35 PM
pcscharfe
pcdefender
D90/NAS 110

Thumbs up

Thanks for the follow-up Mike! That is good info!
Old October 30th, 2007, 08:56 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
Fred,
Couple comments from someone that is a few miles down the road ahead of you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORover
The attention by other drivers is more than I would really like. I took the shovel off the hood - maybe that will help avoid the pointing and stares.
Taking the shovel off won't help. You own an NAS 110-get used to it.

Quote:
Thanks Mike! I can't believe I now own rust-free NAS Defender 110 #24! The Def. made the 500 mile trip to Oregon without as much as a hiccup. I'm amazed how un-jeeplike the ride is on the highway - very compliant ride probably due to the long wheelbase and new shocks and springs.
I remember how excited I was when i picked mine up from Pendy in kansas. I still find myself a year later occasionally pulling the windowshades back to look at it. I don't see it subsiding any time soon.

Quote:
...I will be ready to start restoring SafariCar (my kids named it).
My daughter refers to mine as daddy's "safaricar" as well.

Quote:
I can't see EVER selling it.
Me too. Congratulations on your new family member.
Old October 31st, 2007, 05:39 AM
AHollander
Alan Hollander
1993 NAS Defender 110

Congrats... Take it from another NAS 110 owner that once you start tinkering, you become addicted... Good luck and please post some photos as you continue to modify / upgrade your rig... One word of advice if you plan on wheeling it is to get some protection underneath... skid plate, rock and/or frame sliders, cat guard (rockware in CO makes them for 110's), tie rod guard, larger trailing arms. With all of that real estate underneath, it's easy to break something offroad... Best money I ever spent on my 110 is underneath it...

Enjoy...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
110, fs, nas, nas 110