NAS 110 For Sale Rust Free - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old January 6th, 2014, 11:18 AM
Daniel1
Daniel
1984 D110

NAS 110 For Sale Rust Free

I just decided to walk away from buying this rust free NAS. It needs work that I cannot spend money on at this time so I'm posting it here to see if anyone is interested. I spent a lot of time talking with the owner so I figured I'd try to help him sell it here instead of wasting all that time. 134K miles located outside Atlanta. The owners is asking 55K.

If anyone is serious about purchasing this truck send me a PM and I can give you details.

Inspected by ULC (High Recommended) and the Issues/Needs are:
1. New Transmission
2. Brakes
3. Suspension
4. Heater Doesn't work
5. AC Doesnt work (compressor doesn't start)
6. Driver side Rear Door does not open
7. Rear Crossmember needs sanding and paint
8. Headliner needs to be replaced
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1 (5).JPG
Views:	490
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	87416  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 6th, 2014, 11:19 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Is this the divorce truck?
Old January 6th, 2014, 11:22 AM
Daniel1
Daniel
1984 D110

Same truck. Different owner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 6th, 2014, 11:26 AM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Wow, that was fast. Did he buy directly from the guy getting the divorce, or did it end up going to auction?
Old January 6th, 2014, 11:47 AM
Daniel1
Daniel
1984 D110

That I don't know but he has all the paperwork from the previous owner in a box.
Old January 6th, 2014, 11:53 AM
Nomar
Jeff B
RR HNTR,RR LWB Tdi

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel1 View Post
I just decided to walk away from buying this rust free NAS

7. Rear Crossmember needs sanding and paint

Something doesn't add up.

Where is this 110 located?
Furthermore, where has it lived the last 20 years?

Because if it's New Jersey / Massachusetts like your profile, then I'd say it may not be quite rust-free.

Have you thoroughly checked for rust??

Real Rovers have round headlights!
Rent my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
Just a few miles from 4x4 access!
Old January 6th, 2014, 11:57 AM
Daniel1
Daniel
1984 D110

Updated my original posting with location and mileage.

The car has been inspected by ULC and the list if issues is listed above.
Old January 6th, 2014, 11:59 AM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
Something doesn't add up.

Where is this 110 located?
Furthermore, where has it lived the last 20 years?

Because if it's New Jersey / Massachusetts like your profile, then I'd say it may not be quite rust-free.

Have you thoroughly checked for rust??
Most of the Defender crossmembers need to be prepped and painted every few years, so that's no biggy.

As far as I can remember, this was the producer or director of Hawaii 5-0's truck out in Cali, then went out to SC a couple of years ago, then was for sale on eBay for many months this year because the dude was getting divorced...last I knew no one had bought it and he kept saying it was going to auction as part of the divorce settlement. Few months later, and it's now for sale again through another owner.

$55k is a bargain considering that salvage 110 from CO is currently sale on eBay through Wayne Gayre's (Maxline) friend's place in GA for $60k.
Old January 6th, 2014, 12:04 PM
Daniel1
Daniel
1984 D110

haha WikiJosh has spoken. That is all correct.
Old January 6th, 2014, 12:07 PM
Nomar
Jeff B
RR HNTR,RR LWB Tdi

Registry
Yeah, that's good news then.The northeast loves to salt those roads!

Sorry, I just don't trust a nOOb when they say a truck just needs a sanding and fresh coat of paint!
No offense Daniel1 !

And had I read the op a little closer it said it was in ATL.

Real Rovers have round headlights!
Rent my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
Just a few miles from 4x4 access!
Old February 2nd, 2014, 11:56 PM
Candersoh
Chris Anderson
None

Is it still available? How do I contact the owner?
Old February 3rd, 2014, 11:10 AM
rd10014
Ronnie
1993 NAS D110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candersoh View Post
Is it still available? How do I contact the owner?
This truck is no longer available.
Old November 7th, 2014, 11:41 PM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Back up for sale. Daniel I thought you bought this in the end, no?

SALDH1289PA918247

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1993-Land-Ro...p2054897.l4275

worldwidevintageautos (180 )

1993 Land Rover Defender
1993 Land Rover Defender 110 V8 AUTO

Item Location: Denver, Colorado USA

Mileage: 136,135

Description:

WORLDWIDE VINTAGE AUTOS

CALL OUR SALES TEAM AT 720 457 9145

MONDAY-SATURDAY 10AM-6PM

AS ONE OF THE LARGEST CLASSIC CAR DEALERS IN THE WORLD, WE HAVE MANY MORE VEHICLES LIKE THIS. PLEASE GO TO OUR WEBSITE.

1993 Land Rover Defender NAS 110. 81/500. NAS Auto Conversion. RARE RARE!

YEAR: 1993

MAKE: Land Rover

MODEL: Defender 110. Number 81 of 500 Produced

VIN #: SALDH1289PA918247

DETAILS

MILES: 136,135 Original

ENGINE / PERFORMANCE: 3.9L V8

TRANSMISSION: Manual

OPTIONS

POWER STEERING!

POWER BRAKES!

SEAT BELTS!

FUNCTIONALITY

HEADLIGHTS: Working

PARK LIGHTS: Working

BRAKE LIGHTS: Working

TURN SIGNALS: Working

WIPERS: Working

RADIO: Working

HEATER: Working

AIR CONDITIONING: Working

SPECIFICS / BUILD INFORMATION

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR AN NORTH AMERICAN SPEC LAND ROVER DEFENDER CALL US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE LOVE THEM AND HAVE OVER 12 IN STOCK!

We specialize in vintage 4x4’s and have over 100 in stock! Pinzgauers, Unimogs, Defenders, Broncos, Land Cruisers, International Scouts, Jeep Willys, Nissan Patrols, etc. You name it. Visit our website.

RARE RARE RARE. Number 81 of a North American Production of 525 (500 to US and 25 to Canada). Many of those 525 have been used, abused and or modified bringing the true remaining count at an estimated 350 or so (non salvage, non abused, wrecked or modified).

This RUST FREE, Dry truck spent its life in Arizona, California, South Dakota and South Carolina. Never abused and used primarily as an urban warrior. Truck has the North American Spec center counsel and Automatic transmission from a Land Rover Defender 90 (Only year of the NAS auto). This conversion is becoming cost prohibitive to do (finding a NAS Land Rover auto center console now will cost you north of $6K before labor if you are fortunate enough to find one). The nice and VERY UNIQUE part of this truck is that it is an automatic and converted using genuine, era correct, Land Rover parts. Very difficult to replicate and there is significant demand for the automatic trucks (Rarity and convenience). 14 Transfer case does 1900 RPM on the highway. Runs highway speeds with ease.

The Defender breakdown to all of your anticipated Defender specific questions:

Bulkhead Condition? Its solid and rust free.

Rear crossmember Condition? Its solid and rust free along with the rest of the frame. See detailed pictures.

Passenger and Drivers floor connection at the bulkhead condition? Its solid and rust free. See detailed pictures.

Condition of Doors? Metal foundation of doors rust free top and bottom. See detailed pictures.

Modifications? It appears to be all stock except the era correct Automatic counsel, aftermarket clock on dash (passenger side), dual batteries with dual shutoff controls, and high end aftermarket stereo..

Production number? Its number 81/500

Head Gasket Leak? No.

Service records? Yes. Extensive records included.

Engine Light or other warning lights on? No.

Extensive maintenance and receipts. The frame and undercarriage has been professionally POR15 painted and protected for a long life ahead. Everyting works on it! Even the chime bell when you open the door! Original 3.9L runs strong and has been regularly maintained during its 136,000 miles of road use. Full tune up in January 2014 including AC recharge, alternator, head gaskets, etc. New BFG all terrian tires and original, restored, NAS steel wheels. Factory rebuilt Warn Winch with controller. Interior is gorgeous with no rips, stains or imperfections (spent most its life under seat covers).

You will be hard pressed to find a nicer 110 Defender, especially with an Automatic!

DUE TO ITS LIMITED PRODUCTION, THIS RARE DEFENDER IS AN EXCELLENT INVESTMENT AND SOMETHING YOU CAN ENJOY DAILY. COLLECTIBLE VINTAGE VEHICLES HAVE HISTORICALLY APPRECIATED AT A RATE GREATER THAN THE STOCK MARKET, GOLD AND OTHER ARTS & COLLECTIBLES AS DOCUMENTED BY MANY ARTICLES AND AUCTION RESULT TRACKING.

ALTHOUGH NOT A "NO RESERVE" AUCTION, THE RESERVE PRICE OF THIS VEHICLE IS WELL BELOW COMPARABLE VEHICLES IN THE MARKET. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO STOP THIS AUCTION AT ANY TIME.

DISCLOSURE ITEMS

IN FULL DISCLOSURE, THE ITEMS WORTH NOTING INCLUDE:

-THERE ARE A COUPLE CHIPS IN THE PAINT. SEE DETAILED PICTURES.

-THERE IS A SCRATCH THAT HAS BEEN TOUCHED UP ON THE EXTERNAL ROLL CAGE ON FRONT OF PASSENGER SIDE.

CALL OUR SALES TEAM AT 720 457 9145

MONDAY-SATURDAY 10AM-6PM
Old November 8th, 2014, 07:08 AM
rd10014
Ronnie
1993 NAS D110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Back up for sale. Daniel I thought you bought this in the end, no? SALDH1289PA918247 http://www.ebay.com/itm/1993-Land-Ro...p2054897.l4275 worldwidevintageautos (180 ) 1993 Land Rover Defender 1993 Land Rover Defender 110 V8 AUTO Item Location: Denver, Colorado USA Mileage: 136,135 Description: WORLDWIDE VINTAGE AUTOS CALL OUR SALES TEAM AT 720 457 9145 MONDAY-SATURDAY 10AM-6PM AS ONE OF THE LARGEST CLASSIC CAR DEALERS IN THE WORLD, WE HAVE MANY MORE VEHICLES LIKE THIS. PLEASE GO TO OUR WEBSITE. 1993 Land Rover Defender NAS 110. 81/500. NAS Auto Conversion. RARE RARE! YEAR: 1993 MAKE: Land Rover MODEL: Defender 110. Number 81 of 500 Produced VIN #: SALDH1289PA918247 DETAILS MILES: 136,135 Original ENGINE / PERFORMANCE: 3.9L V8 TRANSMISSION: Manual OPTIONS POWER STEERING! POWER BRAKES! SEAT BELTS! FUNCTIONALITY HEADLIGHTS: Working PARK LIGHTS: Working BRAKE LIGHTS: Working TURN SIGNALS: Working WIPERS: Working RADIO: Working HEATER: Working AIR CONDITIONING: Working SPECIFICS / BUILD INFORMATION IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR AN NORTH AMERICAN SPEC LAND ROVER DEFENDER CALL US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE LOVE THEM AND HAVE OVER 12 IN STOCK! We specialize in vintage 4x4’s and have over 100 in stock! Pinzgauers, Unimogs, Defenders, Broncos, Land Cruisers, International Scouts, Jeep Willys, Nissan Patrols, etc. You name it. Visit our website. RARE RARE RARE. Number 81 of a North American Production of 525 (500 to US and 25 to Canada). Many of those 525 have been used, abused and or modified bringing the true remaining count at an estimated 350 or so (non salvage, non abused, wrecked or modified). This RUST FREE, Dry truck spent its life in Arizona, California, South Dakota and South Carolina. Never abused and used primarily as an urban warrior. Truck has the North American Spec center counsel and Automatic transmission from a Land Rover Defender 90 (Only year of the NAS auto). This conversion is becoming cost prohibitive to do (finding a NAS Land Rover auto center console now will cost you north of $6K before labor if you are fortunate enough to find one). The nice and VERY UNIQUE part of this truck is that it is an automatic and converted using genuine, era correct, Land Rover parts. Very difficult to replicate and there is significant demand for the automatic trucks (Rarity and convenience). 14 Transfer case does 1900 RPM on the highway. Runs highway speeds with ease. The Defender breakdown to all of your anticipated Defender specific questions: Bulkhead Condition? Its solid and rust free. Rear crossmember Condition? Its solid and rust free along with the rest of the frame. See detailed pictures. Passenger and Drivers floor connection at the bulkhead condition? Its solid and rust free. See detailed pictures. Condition of Doors? Metal foundation of doors rust free top and bottom. See detailed pictures. Modifications? It appears to be all stock except the era correct Automatic counsel, aftermarket clock on dash (passenger side), dual batteries with dual shutoff controls, and high end aftermarket stereo.. Production number? Its number 81/500 Head Gasket Leak? No. Service records? Yes. Extensive records included. Engine Light or other warning lights on? No. Extensive maintenance and receipts. The frame and undercarriage has been professionally POR15 painted and protected for a long life ahead. Everyting works on it! Even the chime bell when you open the door! Original 3.9L runs strong and has been regularly maintained during its 136,000 miles of road use. Full tune up in January 2014 including AC recharge, alternator, head gaskets, etc. New BFG all terrian tires and original, restored, NAS steel wheels. Factory rebuilt Warn Winch with controller. Interior is gorgeous with no rips, stains or imperfections (spent most its life under seat covers). You will be hard pressed to find a nicer 110 Defender, especially with an Automatic! DUE TO ITS LIMITED PRODUCTION, THIS RARE DEFENDER IS AN EXCELLENT INVESTMENT AND SOMETHING YOU CAN ENJOY DAILY. COLLECTIBLE VINTAGE VEHICLES HAVE HISTORICALLY APPRECIATED AT A RATE GREATER THAN THE STOCK MARKET, GOLD AND OTHER ARTS & COLLECTIBLES AS DOCUMENTED BY MANY ARTICLES AND AUCTION RESULT TRACKING. ALTHOUGH NOT A "NO RESERVE" AUCTION, THE RESERVE PRICE OF THIS VEHICLE IS WELL BELOW COMPARABLE VEHICLES IN THE MARKET. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO STOP THIS AUCTION AT ANY TIME. DISCLOSURE ITEMS IN FULL DISCLOSURE, THE ITEMS WORTH NOTING INCLUDE: -THERE ARE A COUPLE CHIPS IN THE PAINT. SEE DETAILED PICTURES. -THERE IS A SCRATCH THAT HAS BEEN TOUCHED UP ON THE EXTERNAL ROLL CAGE ON FRONT OF PASSENGER SIDE. CALL OUR SALES TEAM AT 720 457 9145 MONDAY-SATURDAY 10AM-6PM
Like sands through the hour glass so is the timeframe Daniel owns a Defender.
Old November 8th, 2014, 08:07 AM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Lets call this truck Boomerang. Its always coming back up FS.

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old November 10th, 2014, 04:25 PM
vasily
Vasily
97 D90 SW

Registry
Ha! I have been reeding through the thread to understand this truck. Are folks just trying to flip it for a quick buck and getting burned or does it require way more work then it looks?
Old November 10th, 2014, 06:07 PM
fireball
Ben
Shopping!

A cursory look at the photos and description sounds like it's in pretty darn good shape. Maybe I missed something?
Old November 12th, 2014, 01:52 PM
chris-critter
Chris Phillips
97 D90

I work with WWVA. Great shop with ten or so defenders in stock (only one on their website now is this NAS but they have more coming online including a green 94, black 95, blue 97, white 97, tan nas 110 and black import 110. I personally know this truck and daniel. Truck is excellent and so is daniel. Hhahhahaaa. Happy to chat w any members about any and all details of this truck or others. We all share the passion.
Old November 12th, 2014, 02:00 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Most of the Defender crossmembers need to be prepped and painted every few years, so that's no biggy.

As far as I can remember, this was the producer or director of Hawaii 5-0's truck out in Cali, then went out to SC a couple of years ago, then was for sale on eBay for many months this year because the dude was getting divorced...last I knew no one had bought it and he kept saying it was going to auction as part of the divorce settlement. Few months later, and it's now for sale again through another owner.

$55k is a bargain considering that salvage 110 from CO is currently sale on eBay through Wayne Gayre's (Maxline) friend's place in GA for $60k.
I just caught this old post. Are salvage 110's actually selling unrestored for $60k now?

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...
Old November 12th, 2014, 02:22 PM
rd10014
Ronnie
1993 NAS D110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
I just caught this old post. Are salvage 110's actually selling unrestored for $60k now?
maybe going for but not getting

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
110, for sale, nas, nas 110