Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old January 28th, 2008, 11:07 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Someone buy the truck already so we can put all this behind us!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 29th, 2008, 12:29 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Buy it Jesse.
Old January 29th, 2008, 01:29 AM
jessejames4
Jesse Parris
1/18 scale LR Def 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaxx
I was thinking the checklist would be good towards a 'future' Defender.

Jesse, I think that's a tough call. Did you plan on restoring this truck yourself or having someone do it? If it was me, I'd make an offer on it.

As far as Martin is concerned...I don't know him personally...but he's done enough business on here for me to consider him reputable. As he stated, he's assisting a friend with a sale, in the end you will probably work with the actual seller and not him.
themaxx,
I would restore it myself. I still have buddies in the body business with great paint booths for shooting it when I'm done with the body.

After reading Mike's eval, I'm now more concerned about the engine and drive train. Relatively speaking, the body restoration is a breeze against having to pull an engine or drop a transmission for more critical repairs. I can replace a cross member, repair lights, do electrical, pumps, seals, etc., but I do not want to replace an engine or transmission after dropping $40k. If it's going to get that expensive for a restore, then I might as well just bite the bullet and start looking at the NAS's with much lower mileage.

I'm not worried about Martin. We've been emailing back and forth and he appears to be a stand-up guy. But with all due respect, he's just the agent for someone else's vehicle. Obviously, the best thing would be to fly down and go over it, but I can't right now due to the workload.

The owner is firm at $35,900 so there is no "making an offer on it."

Jesse
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 29th, 2008, 08:55 AM
oldscratchggf
nate
95 d90

crap.

if this truck were to go up for sale 6-8 months from now, i'd be all over it.
Old January 29th, 2008, 11:09 AM
jvelador
Javier Velador
'95 D90 / '66 IIA

Here is a free evaluation of Mike and ECR.

Of course, if you're naive enough to pay me for it, I won't reject your money. My time is not free, I had to turn on my computer, grab some coffee, log in, open a browser, type www.d-90.com in said browser, click forum, find post and to top it all off, I had to read through Mike's laundry list of issues.

Business name: ECR
License number: shouldn't have one

OVERVIEW
Mike's duty in the business is long overdue of an overhaul. His employees apparently do top-notch work, but that's this business' only saving grace.

DETAILS
Customer service skills extremely rusted and long overdue for refurbishment.
100% unrealistic expectations, no one suggested "suck d**k for free, Mike"
Poor use of the English language "Man your good Ron" should be "Man YOU'RE good Ron",
whores out info other people have already paid for. If it wasn't easily available, why would you want $50 with net zero gain?

I'd better stop, there's someone more important on the other line.

Good luck to both parties.
Old January 29th, 2008, 12:25 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Ok I think we've had enough of this..

Mike is evil for wanting $50 to go find the hard copy evals and retype them all up
Martian is evil for offering to help a friend sell his truck.

Everyone shut the f* up and someone buy the truck or I'll make Aaron shut the site down again.
(thats a joke for those without humor)

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old January 29th, 2008, 09:33 PM
hamiamham
mike
97 D-90

Mike from ECR is VERY generous with his time and expertise both on this board and over the phone and on email. I challenge you to find a more accomplished rover restorer. Get off his case lest he not play in this sandbox any more......
Old January 29th, 2008, 10:08 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
I've spent a pretty penny or two on my rover, but the most valuable thing I can buy is advice from the likes of mike and pendy, (if or when they do charge for it). When he's doing us favors on this site, he's not working on customer trucks. $50 for that level of detail is chumpchange.
Old January 30th, 2008, 04:21 AM
pendy
jim pendleton
89'd90

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvonc
If Jim and Pendy dont get it, theres no hope left.
You sound like JS Briggs accusing me of dual personalities.

Naughty or nice?

We all can get through this one I hope.

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvonc
Everyone shut the f--k up and someone buy the truck or I'll make Aaron shut the site down again.
Such language, could be a time out in your future young man!

Advice is only as good as the person applying it--
Don't make me give you bad advice!

Lemons or lemonaide, whatever your taste provides.
Old January 30th, 2008, 05:56 AM
rovertrader
Dale
Tithonus 110, D-90, 109 S/T 5-door

Dare I try to redirect to the original thread?? Bottom line, buy all the truck you can going in. The illusion of getting a deal on a 15 year old 110, of which only 500 were imported is crazy. This case is more typical than not, the buyer just has a huge advantage of Mike's knowledge and estimate going in. $50 to 60k for a nice truck w/ no issues and consistant maintenance is the real bargain. Been here too many times. And with such a great exchange rate for parts these days, and Mike's empty shop looking for buisiness, he'll probably do this resto for free, just to practice- if he had only gotten his $50.....
Old January 30th, 2008, 09:37 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendy
Such language, could be a time out in your future young man!
You're right.. I have edited my potty language post.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old January 30th, 2008, 12:16 PM
pendy
jim pendleton
89'd90

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovertrader
Dare I try to redirect to the original thread?? Bottom line, buy all the truck you can going in. The illusion of getting a deal on a 15 year old 110, of which only 500 were imported is crazy. This case is more typical than not, the buyer just has a huge advantage of Mike's knowledge and estimate going in. $50 to 60k for a nice truck w/ no issues and consistant maintenance is the real bargain. Been here too many times. And with such a great exchange rate for parts these days, and Mike's empty shop looking for buisiness, he'll probably do this resto for free, just to practice- if he had only gotten his $50.....

He should have asked for 175.00! That would buy a few beans at lunch. Hope he can brush this off.

Advice is only as good as the person applying it--
Don't make me give you bad advice!

Lemons or lemonaide, whatever your taste provides.
Old February 9th, 2008, 02:50 AM
pradaz
Joshua
1988 Range Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvelador
Poor use of the English language "Man your good Ron" should be "Man YOU'RE good Ron"
Actually, there should be a colon after the word "language", a comma after the words "man" and "good", and a period after the name "Ron".

couldn't resist... lol
Old February 9th, 2008, 05:00 AM
floyd650
Alex Lapidus
1994 D90 ST #1716

I get that the owner is inflexible on the price, but what does anyone think this truck is actually worth?
Old February 10th, 2008, 01:11 AM
pradaz
Joshua
1988 Range Rover

Being that the whole friggin' truck needs to be de-rusted from top to bottom, in addition to the neglected mechanical's, it's worth about $25K.
Old February 10th, 2008, 11:40 AM
revtor
Steve Maietta
1969 IIA 88" Bugeye

Registry
It didn't seem that bad from the laundry list, did it?.. top up/change fluids, seal up the "small leak" PS system..
its got a new alternator, distrib, CPU and battery.. most of the issues seemed small, asthetic things.. I guess if you want a 100% factory restore there is a bit of work to do, but for a fun machine wekeend type of thing it seems pretty nice. rust, yeah not as bad as some. definitely don't hve to de rust the thing from top to bottom to enjoy the truck!!

knocking engine, good chance that a simple fix would solve that (for now)..

seal the AC system anbd charge it, change the one bad fan and you'd probably get cold air..

$35k seems like a decent price to me!

~Steve
Old February 10th, 2008, 12:07 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
It doesnt seem too bad all things considered. A defect list prepared by ECR is always going to be detailed, and since it was forming the basis for a restoration estimate, it has to be all-inclusive. Point is that not everything on it has to be done immediately to have a decent driver. I think its fair.

Old February 10th, 2008, 05:06 PM
pradaz
Joshua
1988 Range Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtor
rust, yeah not as bad as some. definitely don't hve to de rust the thing from top to bottom to enjoy the truck!!
Well, to you guys in the North, a vehicle w/o rust issues means that one can't stick his feet through the floor boards. It's a cancer that needs to be dealt with sooner than later.
Old February 11th, 2008, 11:43 AM
jessejames4
Jesse Parris
1/18 scale LR Def 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd650
I get that the owner is inflexible on the price, but what does anyone think this truck is actually worth?
After spending over two months looking at all the 93 NAS 110 Defs available, and taking into consideration my own personal view of where the contracting economy is heading in the next three months, AND what the top end NAS's are selling for/have sold for, all I would offer on this LR would be $30k. Regarding Revtor's comment, I don't remember reading about an engine knock anywhere, though.

There's an easy, cconservative $15k in restoring this vehicle correctly, with doing some of the work myself. This would be paint job I'd want to have perfect since that is part of the original NAS/500 design mystique.

I saw a really nice, white Def 110 csw on a semi-car hauler On Mill Road in Byrum, NY on Friday evening around 5:30pm, heading downtown Port Chester, NY. It was on the top level so I didn't get a good look at it as it went by and I couldn't turn around because of the traffic. I just happened to look up because the black cargo frame stood out against that unmistakable white. It was not an NAS because it didn't have the roll cage. None the less, it was quite a shock... I almost ran into the guy in front of me.

Does any one here on D90 claim it?
Old February 11th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Heathbarcrunch
Heath Glassman
In-between Rovers

d110 sighting

You probably saw the 110 that was listed on the site back in mid-january
http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=14201
heath
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessejames4
After spending over two months looking at all the 93 NAS 110 Defs available, and taking into consideration my own personal view of where the contracting economy is heading in the next three months, AND what the top end NAS's are selling for/have sold for, all I would offer on this LR would be $30k. Regarding Revtor's comment, I don't remember reading about an engine knock anywhere, though.

There's an easy, cconservative $15k in restoring this vehicle correctly, with doing some of the work myself. This would be paint job I'd want to have perfect since that is part of the original NAS/500 design mystique.

I saw a really nice, white Def 110 csw on a semi-car hauler On Mill Road in Byrum, NY on Friday evening around 5:30pm, heading downtown Port Chester, NY. It was on the top level so I didn't get a good look at it as it went by and I couldn't turn around because of the traffic. I just happened to look up because the black cargo frame stood out against that unmistakable white. It was not an NAS because it didn't have the roll cage. None the less, it was quite a shock... I almost ran into the guy in front of me.

Does any one here on D90 claim it?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
110, nas, nas 110