Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old January 28th, 2008, 06:02 PM
mpodgorski
martin
'94 D90 ST Arles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR
So let me get this right...
I'm supposed to leave the shop. Drive to the other shop. Get the file. Re-type the evaluation into the computer (because its in hard copy only now) then post it to the site or to other potential buyers (your buyers not mine) for nothing while you make money on the sale by me doing work and I'm supposed to do all that for nothing.
Maybe if you had said that in response to offering the evaluation you would have gotten some money for your troubles. You said plain and simple "50. because we spent time and money doing it.
This is a business." I am a bit more sincere to customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR
Also, when we did the evaluation it was all "good info" and now when you are trying to sell the truck it is "nit picking". Funny how things change when your needs change Martin.
Good info is nit picking, alot of your evaluation is old news, its a 15 year old truck. I never said I didnt appreciate your detailed evaluation. Our intention was to get the truck restored, if you recall he had to have it January, you said the earliest would be May. Let me know if I need to send you money for you to recall the past, that to might be in the old building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR
Somehow I think the dealership you work at would charge a whole lot more thank 175. for an evaluation on a private sale and then if another customer came in looking at the same truck the dealership would do another evaluation at full whack and not say "Oh yeah, we just did that evaluation for another customer... here it is."

I don't see that happening at your dealership at all... ever.
You are correct, there is a 3hr charge, at $105hr. This is a land rover 140 point certified inspection list, typically the owner comes with the interested party and they both get copies. I have to be honest this doesnt happen often.

For the record this is NOT being SOLD through the store. I am helping a friend and am Not making a commission. I sold my black defender to his brother then I sold it here to another member for him and I sold another 110, a couple of years ago that again his brother owned advertising it here but it sold locally.

They are close friends of mine and we help each other out.

Kind of like this community, well I thought
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 28th, 2008, 06:18 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
I was thinking the checklist would be good towards a 'future' Defender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvonc
Really now.. with most of our Defenders... do we REALLY need the check list? I was nodding for 90% of it while reading thinking of my own trucks.
Follow-up Post:

Jesse, I think that's a tough call. Did you plan on restoring this truck yourself or having someone do it? If it was me, I'd make an offer on it.

As far as Martin is concerned...I don't know him personally...but he's done enough business on here for me to consider him reputable. As he stated, he's assisting a friend with a sale, in the end you will probably work with the actual seller and not him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessejames4
So with all this talk about the 110 after the eval is published by Martin, is it worth $35,900 and will someone here vouch for Martin if I cut him check?
Old January 28th, 2008, 06:19 PM
AggieD90
Kevin Collins
'95 AA Yellow & '97 Willow Green

Whoa!

I go put a coat of primer on the car hauler and come back inside and all this has happened!

Please anyone who likes to work for free chime in here....

...crickets....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 28th, 2008, 06:20 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpodgorski
Let me know if I need to send you money for you to recall the past, that to might be in the old building.
Wow, you truly are an ass.

BTW folks do you really want to buy a 110 from this guy??

I'm done, cooked, stick a fork in me... with dill-holes like this around who needs this...

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old January 28th, 2008, 06:22 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Work for free...or as my dad use to say to me as kid...'picking up a new skill'
Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieD90
Whoa!

I go put a coat of primer on the car hauler and come back inside and all this has happened!

Please anyone who likes to work for free chime in here....

...crickets....
Old January 28th, 2008, 06:27 PM
mpodgorski
martin
'94 D90 ST Arles

Did I not make my self clear, I am advertise on the behalf of a friend.
I might be an ass, your the one implying bending over and sucking dick though, what does that make you?
Old January 28th, 2008, 06:31 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpodgorski
your the one implying bending over and sucking dick though, what does that make you?
It makes me a "bitch" to the free information on this site... but not your bitch, not for free!!
You'll have to keep handling your bitch duties yourself.

Old January 28th, 2008, 06:39 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

"Man your good Ron... to see all that from a few images.

I quit... Ron can take over."

Mike, you are a great guy and do great work, but your recognition of sarcasm needs some work. ;-)

Ron

PS Martin, if you have a carfax that would be great for any potential buyers. I am wondering why the front looks to be a different shade than the rest in the pics.
Old January 28th, 2008, 06:41 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij
but your recognition of sarcasm needs some work. ;-)

Ron
That or you just aren't as funny as you think you are.

Old January 28th, 2008, 06:45 PM
jessejames4
Jesse Parris
1/18 scale LR Def 110

I actually did send an email yesterday [Sunday] to ECR/Mike asking him to send it to me. I was willing to pay the $50. I did not hear anything back so possibly my email went into spam?

I didn't find anything wrong with being asked $50 for it. When I had my autobody/collision shop back in the 80's I charged $25 for an estimate. This weeded out some of the people who wanted to gather up a bunch of estimates to get their price up for the insurance company. I think you are both right: Martin posted because he is an agent acting on behalf of the owner and it benefits a sale, ECR asked $50 for it because it is an professional evaluation. I've seen ECR's setup and feel confident that I would be getting my money's worth. Frankly, I'm surprised it wasn't more then $50.

So, it seems that ECR's opinion is that the vehicle is lacking enough merit to warrant the asking price and Martin has quoted the price as being firm. Talk about being between a rock and a hard place.
I would still have to get it shipped to Connecticut which would be between $600-$800.
Jesse
Old January 28th, 2008, 06:45 PM
mpsteil
Michael Steil
NAS 110#23,97 ST#665

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyd
Cheers to Martin for making the evaluation available FOR FREE.

"Handing out" the information may have netted you a customer, Mike. Instead you just lost a potential one . . .
I will quote Ade here "1 post drama queen."

I cant believe Mike charged me all that money for his advice about my 110. Emails and phone calls, oh wait, he helped me all he could for free. Just what we need here, a bunch of shit talking so the people who know the most about Defenders wont post here anymore. Tom you are in my area, try calling WCB for help or advice,they are so friendly and helpfull they will give you all the free advice you want If you can get past the attitude over the phone. A guy offers his full on inspection for $50 and people are knocking him? Lets piss off JimC and Pendy and all the other people who have the most knowledge while we are at it.

Mike
Old January 28th, 2008, 06:47 PM
draaronr
Here
LR3

Honestly I didn't think I would say this, but I am with Mike on this one. I have all kinds of files in my office, if the patient wants them then they are free, if another doc or insurance or attorney wants them, then they gotta pay no exceptions. It is business even if it takes 10 minutes that is money lost for nothing. He provided it for your friend the owner and the owner should make it available which you and the owner did, but don't beat Mike up for providing for himself. This is the reason most independent shops fail is because of poor business practices.
Old January 28th, 2008, 06:51 PM
jessejames4
Jesse Parris
1/18 scale LR Def 110

Martin,
Why is the front a lighter shade than the front door area? Is a carfax available?
Old January 28th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Oxcart13
Mark M
D110

Originally Posted by mpsteil

Lets piss off JimC and Pendy and all the other people who have the most knowledge while we are at it."

Just in case someone doesn't get the sarcasm - let's not!!!
Old January 28th, 2008, 07:33 PM
draaronr
Here
LR3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxcart13

Lets piss off JimC and Pendy and all the other people who have the most knowledge while we are at it."

I have a better idea, lets not screw around and lets piss off CVC so we can all run back to the yahoo group.
Old January 28th, 2008, 07:52 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Grow some backbones people.. Not everyone see's eye to eye, even those who help the site members in their own way with their valuable contributions. So a few feathers get ruffled once in a blue moon, suck it up.

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by draaronr
I have a better idea, lets not screw around and lets piss off CVC so we can all run back to the yahoo group.
You asked for it...

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old January 28th, 2008, 08:23 PM
mpsteil
Michael Steil
NAS 110#23,97 ST#665

That was cold. I now want to start my own site that I can turn off. I just need to know how to do it. I will gladly pay $50 for the info.
Old January 28th, 2008, 08:34 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

lol.. man who knew the defender crowd didnt have a sense of humor. I got like 8 emails while I was cooking dinner.

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
That was cold. I now want to start my own site that I can turn off. I just need to know how to do it. I will gladly pay $50 for the info.
I accept PayPal

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxcart13

If Jim and Pendy dont get it, theres no hope left.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old January 28th, 2008, 08:56 PM
karlusmagnus
Karl O'Donoghue
71SiiA

I don't see anything wrong with Mike's asking for $50. Time is money as draaronr pointed out.
Martin, you have always come across well on the site, judging from postings, and one can understand helping out a mate and posting his truck.
On the other hand, Mike can understandably feel upset and rightly so.
When one looks at what contribution each has made to the site, you have to recognise what Mike has added in a purely benevolent fashion. Measure the contributions. How many of Mikes posts could be terms technical articles and relied upon for posterity when the need arose during ones own travails?
Now move on. People will always disagree, get the wrong end of the stick or just plain not get on.
You also realise when the site is shut down, as CVC chose to do, how much one enjoys and relies upon this community. When i was a kid, you would remember when some kid would take the ball and run off, thereby ending the game of football. That is the feeling I got when the site was down ...
It also reinforces how much we owe to Chris for creating such a community in the 1st place.
Old January 28th, 2008, 10:53 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieD90
Damn, look what I miss when I'm 8-11 hours out of phase.

Another perspective would be that if I was a seller, and I paid money for an inspection, I'd be pretty irritated if the shop gave that info for free to a potential buyer. As the guy who purchased the information to begin with, I would feel like the only one who had the right to just give it away.

Sure, a lot of that stuff is standard fare problems for a truck of that age, but the document is supposed to be a basis for a lot of repair work - there is a big difference between a real problem and a normal problem. If a shop told me that 5 items needed to be fixed and then billed me for 50 items, I'd be somewhat put-off. It has to be thorough.

And as flattering as it it to be called helpful, I don't know half of what guys like Pendy and Mike know - I'm just a guy who's been around his truck a few times and has a lot of free time to hang out on the BB.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
110, nas, nas 110