mint 95 d90- 26,000 miles - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old October 9th, 2007, 01:11 PM
roverjoyed
Gabriel Frasca
1995 d90

mint 95 d90- 26,000 miles

i'm trading one baby (my coniston green d90) for another- a two-month old little girl who necessitates a more family-friendly vehicle. only 26,000 miles on this two-owner truck located on nantucket, with new starter, battery fuel pump, fuel line, tires, battery, satelite radio with ipod hook-up, amp, four waterproof speakers, four new jump seats, a one year-old badger soft top and new mats. it is a beautiful truck with a.c. and all the original papers and keys. this car cost me 42,500 two years ago, and i've put 10k into it (see above). i'd like 47k (a lot, i know, but there aren't a lot of trucks in this good shape driving around).
i'll have pictures up in a day or so.

thanks,
gabriel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 9th, 2007, 05:20 PM
WhiteD90
Johnathan Tisdale
93 110, 90 RockRR buggy

congrats on the baby girl...and good luck with your sale.
Old October 9th, 2007, 10:09 PM
bodacious
James Keith
94 D90

Check PM. Congratulations on the little one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 10th, 2007, 09:11 AM
Black_and_Blue
Tommy Moore
1994 #1398

Registry
Congrats, being a Dad is great. But I think you should try and get 50k. Everyone knows these things appreciate when you put miles on them and replace broken or worn out equipment.
Old October 10th, 2007, 09:21 AM
BOBCAT110
Ken Jagolta
94 d-90

Thumbs up

I have given this vehicle the once-over and it is indeed a very clean,nice one.It has been parked strategically on Straight Wharf with a "for sale" sign on it which drew me to it like bees to honey. The numerous defenders out here tend to be low mileage,but real rust buckets.This one is pretty much "in the wrapper".
Gabriel,as nice as it is,the price is a bit strong and if you really want to move it,you might want to get more realistic.Congrats on the baby.Was she born on the island?
Old October 10th, 2007, 09:46 AM
Burke
Burke Bell
'94 NAS D90 #158

Registry
Copley will snap it up. Stewart LOVES pristine Defenders. Nice guy, would be worth contacting IMO. And in your backyard!
http://www.copleymotorcars.com/index.html
Old October 10th, 2007, 09:54 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke
Copley will snap it up. Stewart LOVES pristine Defenders.
Yeah, but can't pay more than 30-35 for it, he's got to make a profit after all.
Old October 10th, 2007, 11:38 AM
BOBCAT110
Ken Jagolta
94 d-90

Copley sold it to him,so Gabriel probably already contacted Stuart.Jim,you are probably right on the Copley money.
Old October 10th, 2007, 06:35 PM
roverjoyed
Gabriel Frasca
1995 d90

fair enough...but i've put fewer than a thousand miles on it, and adding new jump seats, a new amp, satelite radio and speakers hardly qualifies as maintenance. but point taken.

thanks
gabriel

Follow-up Post:

without divulging any confidences, that is not a terrible guess...

Follow-up Post:

i am a bad poster.....i was replying to two seperate posts there...i'll quote moving forward.
Old October 10th, 2007, 10:31 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

i am a bad poster.....i was replying to two seperate posts there...i'll quote moving forward.[/QUOTE]

Relax, you are not a bad poster... Your truck is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. The low mile, well taken care of trucks are getting more and more rare. Market it correctly and you may get top dollar. Copley and ECR get top dollar for their trucks, they have a reputation for finding excellent trucks, making them better and marketing them correctly. There is a market out there, be patient and wait for the right buyer. Or, drop your price and open up the pool of available buyers.

Good luck with the sale.

I would just keep it and drive it, you will regret selling it. Atleast take it out on a trail once.

Scott

Old October 11th, 2007, 11:31 AM
AggieD90
Kevin Collins
'95 AA Yellow & '97 Willow Green

The price sounds a lot more realistic than a lot of the ultra low mileage ones I've seen out there.

If you're not a rush then wait it out...someone will come along.

Does Stuart do consignments?
Old October 11th, 2007, 11:44 AM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieD90
Does Stuart do consignments?
Yes they do, I can't remember what the % is though.
Old October 11th, 2007, 02:29 PM
hartman
Edward Hartman
1997 D-90

Gabriel,

Congrats on the baby girl.

I was in the same boat as you back in 1999, twins trumped the 1997 D-90 SW. I just didn't feel comfortable sporting them around in the inward facing jump seats, and couldn't get a bench seat set up, So I sold it. I regreted selling it for the following 8 years, until I bought another D-90.

If there is was anyway you could hold on to the D-90, I would. I doubt they will ever be Imported again, and if they are, they won't have the classic body style that we have now.

Good luck with either direction you go.
Old October 11th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Gore Ranger
Jeff
1989 RRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by hartman
Gabriel,

Congrats on the baby girl.

I was in the same boat as you back in 1999, twins trumped the 1997 D-90 SW. I just didn't feel comfortable sporting them around in the inward facing jump seats, and couldn't get a bench seat set up, So I sold it. I regreted selling it for the following 8 years, until I bought another D-90.

If there is was anyway you could hold on to the D-90, I would. I doubt they will ever be Imported again, and if they are, they won't have the classic body style that we have now.

Good luck with either direction you go.
What's there to regret about using a truck for a year and making 5K on it (not likely, but in theory)?
Old October 11th, 2007, 05:45 PM
tallest1
john derosa
95 D90 SW

i have a similar situation as hartman. i sold my 97 d-90 when we bought our first house in 04 in exchange for a pick up for home deeps runs. well i've regretted it ever since and realized shortly thereafter that there was no need to sell it - could have kept both. now we have a 6 month old baby girl and i'm in the market for my d-90 again not sure if i'm going to keep my 74 SIII 88 or not but we'll have to see. my recommendation is to keep your d-90 as well

jd
Old October 11th, 2007, 07:42 PM
AggieD90
Kevin Collins
'95 AA Yellow & '97 Willow Green

I'll jump on this bandwagon as well. It took me 4 years to replace my D90. I tried filling the hole with other toys...but nothing worked. If it's possible just keep it and pick up something else more kid friendly to drive around in most of the time...in a few years you'll be glad you did. And if not you'll still have an ultra low mileage D90 worth just as much as it is today.
Old October 12th, 2007, 09:47 AM
Burke
Burke Bell
'94 NAS D90 #158

Registry
I had a horrible lapse of judgement a few years back. My dad decided to sell his '64 Porsche 356 (which he and I found and restored) and buy a Defender. I was terribly in love with this little car and could not stand to see it go. I had a Disco at the time as well, and decided to trade him my 90 for the Porsche. A few months later, a fellow Dr. at the hospital saw the 90 in the parking garage and made my dad a crazy $ offer. I freaked when Dad said he was thinking about taking it! So, I traded back and got #158 in the garage again (hey, what are dads for? ) Happy ending years later, the Porsche is now tucked in my garage next to the 90, and dad is now on his 3rd Defender. So now I have 2 vehicles I have to hold onto forever Thank God for an understanding wife....
Old December 3rd, 2007, 12:11 PM
roverjoyed
Gabriel Frasca
1995 d90

95 d90 with 26,000 miles...

uper management (the missus) has encourged me to expedite selling our truck (which is sitting in a garage, not being driven), so we'll move the price to 44k, and i'm posting pictures. honestly, i don't expect readers of this forum to be interested, necessarily, but maybe someone knows someone looking for a cherry d90... hate to let her go, but, can't afford two car payments for the time being, so i'll take a hiatus for a few years before reupping... thanks.

http://gallery.mac.com/gabrielfrasca#100008
Old December 3rd, 2007, 06:50 PM
roverjoyed
Gabriel Frasca
1995 d90

and a referral fee, too

inspired by johare's fine example (and great turn of phrase), i, too wll offer $300 to anyone who refers a buyer my way. thanks so much..

gabriel

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
90, 95, d90