MB G500 Black - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old May 3rd, 2004, 05:55 PM
Kerr
Shawn

Thumbs up MB G500 Black

Hey guys some of you on here might be interested in the G wagon

I bought this for the wife, but she has decided she wants another car.

2002 G500 benz

Black on black
Heated front and rear seats.
23K miles,
6 disk changer
Tinted windows
Navigation

It has factory Front, rear, and center diff locks. Its will go like crazy off road if thats what you want to use it for. I have never had it out do to the trails here customise your paint. It does go like crazy in the snow, i can vouch that.

$58,500 obo

http://community.webshots.com/album/116147156wjnXvr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 4th, 2004, 07:09 PM
EuroCarNut
Karl C.

Would that be this G500 discussed here on the G-Wagen board?

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/foru...id=30#M1222883
Old May 5th, 2004, 09:53 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

This thread is now closed until Shawn can verify to me privately if the G-Wagon he posted for sale here is or is not, the same one on the MB board.

Update: This thread is being reopened again. Please stay on topic if you wish to discus the listing.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 5th, 2004, 10:49 AM
Kerr
Shawn

My Car

thanks for the comits, the G has been fixed except for the Fuel cap and the illuminated door seal, Parts are on back order.

also you act like you have never had a problem with a D90, or ANY car for that matter. I have never seen anyone post factory repair problems in a ad for sale. If it pissed you off then im sorry.

As for the reason the car is for sale, Yes the wife would rather have a E55 or S600. We are also looking at the cayanne turbo. I bought the G for her at christmas. Now that we have a baby it hard on her to lift the kid into the back seat do to the height of the seats.

Like i said it is all under warranty and will be for another 2 years and 25k miles. Granted on the path its on now, you will probably need it.

Also car is paid for so no bank bs.
Old May 6th, 2004, 01:00 AM
boshea
Brian OShea
1995 Defender 90 ST

Nice investigative work Karl

Dude...why are you posting your Ghettolandewagen on the Defender boards? I sold an 86 280GE SWB that I owned a couple years back...and wouldn't think of selling my rig on the Defender boards...as if. The G-500 is nowhere near the handbuilt bombproof rig it once was...sadly due to mass production.

I saw an eggplant colored G-55 in the Marina the other day with 20" rims...you would be hardpressed to find any purple or magenta Defenders out there.

You may want to try...

www.ebay.com
www.keisermotors.com
www.clubgwagen.com
Old May 6th, 2004, 01:38 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Good luck with the sale. My 04 BMW is about as reliable as your 02 MB . . . so I thought I would share a funny story.

So I go out to the 5er and it has the error "high battery drain when engine off" next day same thing. Next day I am driving along and there is this terrible electrical fire smell and the radio and I drive go black.

So I hop in the defender and I forgot to put the cover over the radio and it POURed. I am like crap, its toast. NOPE. works fine, 10 year old radio.

Just goes to show you.

LOL

Ron

PS for the lighted sills for the beemer they wanted like $600.
Old May 6th, 2004, 11:07 AM
Kerr
Shawn

well the only reason i posted it over here and on benzworld is that there are not to many benz driving people that would want a G wagon. Same for the D90... its one of those deals where everyyone WANTS one but no really buys one.

Dont get me wrong its a awesome suv when it works correctley, and if i was not married with a baby and two dogs i would have a d90 and still might, I was looking at an old members d90 the other day and it got sold, also i dont need a play toy when the wife is wanting something new. You all that are married know what i mean, when the mom is not happy no one is.

We have had our problems with BMW's as well.
Old May 6th, 2004, 04:33 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Oh,, Ron makes it clear, youve been saying "door seals" all along when you meant "door sills?" I was really wondering what an illuminated door seal was, and i didnt notice any illuminated rubber when i test drove a g500.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old May 6th, 2004, 05:32 PM
Kerr
Shawn

seals sills, that is what drugs do to you when you young and dumb. I have a lot of problems with all words that have two or more spellings that are the same word but mean differnet things. anyway thats years and years of drugs typing away
Old May 20th, 2004, 12:45 AM
wicks
Wicks
97 Defender LE SW #44

Didn't MBZ just announce the G-Wagen discontinued? Panzerfousted that one.

I'll give you $5K for it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
ac