Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old June 24th, 2016, 12:25 AM
Tomandreann
Tom Johnson
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by javelinadave View Post
In spite of your derogatory post the good folks that make up this community will chime in at some point and answer your question(s) when you quit being a sensationalistic know it all.
Nobody is crushing anything so chill and check the date on that OLD article.
Uncle Douglas and GuamBomb have provided the only useful info for a newbie. And no one has answered the VIN question. Daddymow I was referring to you, rubier, d90overkill and JavelinaDave's comments. I'm sorry I haven't read all 2971 of your posts, I'm reading as fast as I can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 24th, 2016, 06:53 AM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
Tom, this is a social forum (and not just online) as much if not more as a it is a technical source for these trucks. A good portion of the people here in one way or another know each other. Whether it is trail riding, wrenching, camping, happy hours or sitting around the camp fire drinking that shitty Pax Dux stuff after a fantastic meal we are at its core a social forum.

And the guys you just called dicks would be the first ones to turn around an help you out when you are broke down on the side of the road. So I apologize for any attempt at humor.

Cheers,
Raub
Old June 24th, 2016, 07:47 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomandreann View Post
Wow, you guys are real know it all dicks on here! How is this for some more "recent" news? Are the seizures ok with you? Just not the crushing?
Why Are The Feds Obsessed With Seizing These People's Old Trucks?
And even litigated by this forum's Will H.
Please read the forum rules. This is Logan's for sale thread. While you may be on a quest for knowledge (and this is the right place) there are rules about posting in someones for sale thread. I'm not a moderator, but I'm surprised one hasn't admonished you.
Post like yours in a for sale thread (and the lack of moderation) are why many choose not to offer their vehicles for sale here.

Ie if you are not helping his sale effort, or feel compelled not to behave like a gentleman, don't post, that is the rule you agreed to by becoming a member.

As I said above you seem confused on legal issues. There is a lengthy "whats legal" thread which should answer most if not all questions you might have. If you have remaining questions the correct way to go about it would be to start your own thread and ask questions rather than trample all over a for sale thread. The original poster has every right to be upset with you here. You should pm Logan an apology.

As an fyi the case involving the fellow in NC where the US Atty's office was seizing vehicles was dropped, his seized vehicles, money, and parts, were returned to him. You are reading three year old articles, the earth has made several trips around the sun since those were published.

I'd be happy to answer your questions via email or pm so that you can search with knowledge but keep in mind......

Yes,yes, I am a dick.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 24th, 2016, 09:17 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Douglas View Post
Ie if you are not helping his sale effort, or feel compelled not to behave like a gentleman, don't post, that is the rule you agreed to by becoming a member
Looks like this thread blew up in the last 24 hours. People need to REPORT threads for review, not just assume they'll all be seen.

-initial questions were fair game regarding chassis pics, configuration, etc.
-asking for confirmation whether a vehicle has been imported and titled is also fine.
-leaping to conclusions that this vehicle will be crushed are not ok
-not all posts need to blindly help a for sale effort, as that won't provide for a knowledgeable community. Tomandreann, your posts started off OK (although you spammed multiple threads with the same questions regarding the same truck) but have gone downhill. Take a step back, do some add'l research and come back ready to contribute positively. Based on your skepticism of imported trucks I'd say you're a prime candidate to import your own and get exactly what you want/expect.
Old June 24th, 2016, 09:40 AM
signalMTB
Rusty
'97 NAS D90 / '94 RRC / '05 L322

Registry
Can I get the Brexit discount? oh wait, it's in Italy...never mind.

GLWS...good looking truck
many others that have sold
Instagram: @SecondDailyClassics
Old June 24th, 2016, 09:52 AM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddymow View Post
Tom, this is a social forum (and not just online) as much if not more as a it is a technical source for these trucks. A good portion of the people here in one way or another know each other. Whether it is trail riding, wrenching, camping, happy hours or sitting around the camp fire drinking that shitty Pax Dux stuff after a fantastic meal we are at its core a social forum.

Cheers,
Raub
How would you know....wanker.
Old June 24th, 2016, 05:27 PM
Tomandreann
Tom Johnson
None

Sorry to trample your for sale thread, Logan. It really is a nice truck. Newbie mistake to say the least

------ Follow up post added June 24th, 2016 01:31 PM ------

Sorry those I said mean things to. I was put on the defensive by some of the replies to my questions. I'm just a newbie trying to get information. I will control myself better
Old June 24th, 2016, 06:03 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Sometimes, its best not to hit the send button. Even though you really really want to.
Old June 24th, 2016, 08:59 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
Quote:
Sorry to trample your for sale thread, Logan. It really is a nice truck. Newbie mistake to say the least

Sorry those I said mean things to. I was put on the defensive by some of the replies to my questions. I'm just a newbie trying to get information. I will control myself better
First let me clarify I am RUGBIER not RUBIER, I am not from NYC so no metrosexual names here

Second, no need to apologize , at one point or another we were all NEWBIES

Third, if you choose to exercise your Constitutional Right of Douchebaggery, just expect the same in return, not hard feelings, and for the record.. I am a DICK.

Good luck in your search for your D

Old June 24th, 2016, 09:34 PM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
Quote:

No worries, now that we got all that out of the way, get back to finding your truck the hunt is half the fun! And if you have a question use the search function first (yes it sucks) but don't be afraid to post up a question because there is someone on here who knows every nut, bolt and rivet on these trucks.

Cheers,
Raub
Old June 24th, 2016, 09:36 PM
xplorUtah
Andrew P
1960 SII

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
Sometimes, its best not to hit the send button. Even though you really really want to.
Don't know how many times I have deleted a response and walked away.

This place can be rough. Lots of knowledge and bed side manner is not always very good. Keep looking. The right one will pop up and you will feel good about it with no questions about condition or legality.
1997 D90 SW #2496

"Fear profits man nothing"

1997 D90 SW #2139 Portofino Sold
1995 D90 ST #2445 Beluga Black Sold
1995 RRC SWB Beluga Black Sold
1986 110 200TDI "1 of 1" Sold

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
90, defender, defender 90, lhd