Land Rover Defender 90 200 Tdi FOR SALE ON EBAY - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old January 31st, 2014, 02:04 AM
tthaile
Status: Offline
Tim Haile
1984 D90
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: California
Posts: 5
Land Rover Defender 90 200 Tdi FOR SALE ON EBAY

1984 Land Rover Defender (D90). Very rare, trail ready D90. This D90 was shipped directly from the UK and is right hand drive. I have owned this vehicle for 4 years and have done a lot of work both mechanically and cosmetically. It is registered in California (paid through March 2015) as a diesel and requires no smog check. This D90 is equipped with a 200 Tdi motor and an automatic transmission. It is very easy and fun to drive on the road and especially off-road. This thing is a beast off-road, especially if you are a Land Rover lover and want the best!



Mechanically, the 200 Tdi runs great and sounds great. The radiator, water pump, thermostat, and hoses have been replaced. The fuel pump has been replaced and injectors cleaned. The automatic transmission was just rebuilt and has only 2k miles. The steering pump and all steering linkage has been replaced with tubing and hind joints for better articulation. All the brake cylinders were rebuilt. All mechanical work was done by Inland Rovers in Riverside, CA.



The exterior and interior are in great condition. It was painted blue before I got it and I would give the paint job a 7 out of 10 due to some brush marks. The hood is covered in diamond plate and looks awesome! The tires are 32" off road tires and knobby like BFG MT, including the full size spare. For vehicle protection out on the trail, this D90 has sliders, front and rear diff covers, and skid plates. The roof lights work but could be brighter. It is equipped with a Safari snorkel. It was installed before I purchased it but never connected to the engine. The under carriage has some surface rust but it is solid. (We all know these D90s have always had issues with rust.) The rear cross member has been replaced. I will be happy to take any pictures for anyone of the under carriage for serious buyers. Also, I have a rack and winch bumper that I have been storing that came with it when I bought it. I never put them on but will give them to you if you want them. Let me know if you want pictures.



The interior has custom aftermarket bucket seats. I just recently stripped the entire inside and rhino lined the inside of the cab from the windows down in the back and the floor in the front. It looks great! Installed new Exmoor trim seatbelts and new window regulators. I just installed a rear door cover from MUD UK and looks awesome! I also have an additional seat for the back but did not install it for more storage in the back for gear. I will give the chair to you in case you want to install it.



I have more pictures on Flickr. Please click here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1149784...7639959255165/



A very rare right hand drive diesel Defender registered in California. It doesn't get any better than this out in the trail and in California.



Please click here for the eBay auction

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Land-Rover-D...US_Cars_Trucks
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old January 31st, 2014, 02:33 AM
ontheway's Avatar
ontheway
Status: Offline
Dave
1986 RHD 110 SW OM617
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Hudson Valley, New York
Posts: 1,157
Registry
Dead links - both of em'
__________________
1986 Land Rover 110 SW
1995 Land Rover Disco (Sold)


Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old January 31st, 2014, 02:37 AM
Rocky's Avatar
Rocky
Status: Offline
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Colonies Aka Boston
Posts: 8,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthaile View Post
1984 Land Rover Defender (D90). Very rare, trail ready D90. This D90 was shipped directly from the UK and is right hand drive. I have owned this vehicle for 4 years and have done a lot of work both mechanically and cosmetically. It is registered in California (paid through March 2015) as a diesel and requires no smog check. This D90 is equipped with a 200 Tdi motor and an automatic transmission. It is very easy and fun to drive on the road and especially off-road. This thing is a beast off-road, especially if you are a Land Rover lover and want the best! Mechanically, the 200 Tdi runs great and sounds great. The radiator, water pump, thermostat, and hoses have been replaced. The fuel pump has been replaced and injectors cleaned. The automatic transmission was just rebuilt and has only 2k miles. The steering pump and all steering linkage has been replaced with tubing and hind joints for better articulation. All the brake cylinders were rebuilt. All mechanical work was done by Inland Rovers in Riverside, CA. The exterior and interior are in great condition. It was painted blue before I got it and I would give the paint job a 7 out of 10 due to some brush marks. The hood is covered in diamond plate and looks awesome! The tires are 32" off road tires and knobby like BFG MT, including the full size spare. For vehicle protection out on the trail, this D90 has sliders, front and rear diff covers, and skid plates. The roof lights work but could be brighter. It is equipped with a Safari snorkel. It was installed before I purchased it but never connected to the engine. The under carriage has some surface rust but it is solid. (We all know these D90s have always had issues with rust.) The rear cross member has been replaced. I will be happy to take any pictures for anyone of the under carriage for serious buyers. Also, I have a rack and winch bumper that I have been storing that came with it when I bought it. I never put them on but will give them to you if you want them. Let me know if you want pictures. The interior has custom aftermarket bucket seats. I just recently stripped the entire inside and rhino lined the inside of the cab from the windows down in the back and the floor in the front. It looks great! Installed new Exmoor trim seatbelts and new window regulators. I just installed a rear door cover from MUD UK and looks awesome! I also have an additional seat for the back but did not install it for more storage in the back for gear. I will give the chair to you in case you want to install it. I have more pictures on Flickr. Please click here http://www.flickr.com/photos/1149784...7639959255165/ A very rare right hand drive diesel Defender registered in California. It doesn't get any better than this out in the trail and in California. Please click here for the eBay auction http://www.ebay.com/itm/Land-Rover-D...US_Cars_Trucks
All links are bad.

You rhino lined the interior??? Makes people wonder what you are trying to cover up..... And makes taking it apart impossible.
__________________
A friend of mine runs a land rover / range rover specialty repair shop. Based on his experience, they are capable of stopping anywhere, anytime, at any cost.

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old January 31st, 2014, 04:46 AM
tthaile
Status: Offline
Tim Haile
1984 D90
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: California
Posts: 5
Sorry about that ...here you go

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251439247890
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old January 31st, 2014, 04:59 AM
tthaile
Status: Offline
Tim Haile
1984 D90
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: California
Posts: 5
http://www.flickr.com/photos/1149784...7639959255165/
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old January 31st, 2014, 06:13 AM
tomaco1's Avatar
tomaco1
Status: Offline
T.mac
83 110
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 3,692
Registry
Price?
All I see is the ebay link?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old January 31st, 2014, 06:43 AM
Builder
Status: Offline
Jeeper
None, yet
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: New York
Posts: 9
I'm interested, please let me the ballpark price (I'd prefer LHD but your RHD works if price ok )
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old January 31st, 2014, 07:33 AM
rijosho's Avatar
rijosho
Status: Offline
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,557
Registry
Wow very rare. Price?
__________________
Quote:
I am talking purely from an aesthetics standpoint.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old January 31st, 2014, 09:42 AM
Red90's Avatar
Red90
Status: Offline
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Calgary
Posts: 9,232
Registry
You are required to post a price here as per the rules. Please read here: http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ead.php?t=3572

Thanks.
__________________
Pissing people off on the "net" since 1983.

Land Rover. Turning owners into mechanics since 1948.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old January 31st, 2014, 10:43 AM
Uncle Douglas's Avatar
Uncle Douglas
Status: Offline
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Gods Country- Central Virginia
Posts: 11,833
Registry
is that a hiem joint on steering drop arm ? Good solution to a problematic part
__________________
Good judgement comes from experience,experience comes from bad judgement.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

410.693.1391


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old January 31st, 2014, 10:50 AM
Nomar's Avatar
Nomar
Status: Offline
Jeff B
RR HNTR,RR LWB Tdi
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Central,Virginia
Posts: 4,290
Registry
A decent looking 90 almost ruined by a shitter-pipe snorkel job.

Oh well, at least that's easy enough to fix.


How's about some better frame pictures. I saw some rust in a few pics.
How are the door bottoms?
__________________


Real Rovers have round headlights!
Rent my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
Just a few miles from 4x4 access!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old January 31st, 2014, 11:06 AM
Red90's Avatar
Red90
Status: Offline
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Calgary
Posts: 9,232
Registry
Is the snorkel connected to the air filter?
__________________
Pissing people off on the "net" since 1983.

Land Rover. Turning owners into mechanics since 1948.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old January 31st, 2014, 11:32 AM
Z.G's Avatar
Z.G
Status: Offline
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Burlington, VT
Posts: 4,670
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Douglas View Post
is that a hiem joint on steering drop arm ? Good solution to a problematic part
Looks like heims on both steering rods, as well as axle mounted panhard.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old January 31st, 2014, 11:47 AM
Red90's Avatar
Red90
Status: Offline
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Calgary
Posts: 9,232
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Douglas View Post
is that a hiem joint on steering drop arm ? Good solution to a problematic part
You really believe heims are less problematic than ball joints?
__________________
Pissing people off on the "net" since 1983.

Land Rover. Turning owners into mechanics since 1948.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old January 31st, 2014, 12:41 PM
Buyrovers's Avatar
Buyrovers
Status: Offline
Chuck Leimone
1984 Land Rover 110 Soft Top
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 501
Ha, that's a truck I imported back in the olden days...
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old January 31st, 2014, 09:24 PM
cgalpin's Avatar
cgalpin
Status: Offline
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: South Riding, VA
Posts: 11,625
Registry
Moved to the Flea Market. If you post a price I'd be happy to put it back in 4 sale.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendy
I'm here for the D's
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old January 31st, 2014, 09:26 PM
javelinadave
Status: Offline
-
-
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: -
Posts: 5,394
He spammed every board possible with his EBay ad. I doubt he adds a price.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old February 1st, 2014, 02:08 PM
D90_982
Status: Offline
Chad
1994 ST #982 (SOLD)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Suburban Philadelphia
Posts: 239
There are other boards?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old February 1st, 2014, 02:23 PM
tthaile
Status: Offline
Tim Haile
1984 D90
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: California
Posts: 5
I would like to get $35,000. If anyone interested, please text 9095187057.

------ Follow up post added February 1st, 2014 11:25 AM ------

The bottom of the doors do have rust. There are some holes, but everyone knows this a common problem. The rear door was cleaned up and painted when the rear door panel was installed.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old February 1st, 2014, 02:46 PM
tthaile
Status: Offline
Tim Haile
1984 D90
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: California
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Builder View Post
I'm interested, please let me the ballpark price (I'd prefer LHD but your RHD works if price ok )
I'm looking for $35,000
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
90, defender, defender 90, ebay, for sale, land rover, land rover defender, tdi

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Questions re: 200 Tdi on eBay bneri Defender Technical Discussions 3 August 5th, 2013 01:58 PM
1994 Defender 90 - Hardtop and A/C silver_defender For Sale - Vehicles 4 August 14th, 2009 03:31 PM
1980 Land Rover Defender 300 tdi on Ebay jessejames4 The Flea Market 5 January 8th, 2008 01:57 PM
Defender 200 TDI engine for sale k4rovers For Sale - Parts 1 January 22nd, 2007 06:00 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:28 AM.


Copyright