FS: Silver 1996 Discovery in CT - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old October 28th, 2008, 10:16 AM
J.5
Joe Zinter

FS: Silver 1996 Discovery in CT

My 1996 Disco is for sale. 158k miles... nice condition. Its up on ebay right now (but I'm not allowed to post a link). For more info, check ebay... someone will get a good deal. If interested, shoot me an email jzinter at gmail.com

I'm open to offers, and willing to end the auction early for a d-90 member.
Below is a copy of the ebay listing... pardon the cheese.

For sale is my 1996 Land Rover Discovery in the rare Altai Silver with gray leather interior. I am the second owner and have owned this discovery for the past 9 years. It has been meticuliously serviced and well cared for. It has a clean title and has never been in an accident. I will be happy to provide a free carfax report, available by request. Engine runs strong and idles smooth. Despite the high mileage, this engine is extremely smooth and reliable. The transmission also shifts smoothly. The exterior is in great condition and has just been professionally compounded, polished, and waxed. It has no dents. The tires are in good shape and have at least 25k miles of life left on them, and rims are in excellent condition. The steering box and lines have recently been replaced (a common problem on these vehicles), and the entire front end was rebuilt with all new seals, bearings, swivel housings, etc. All this work was done by Land Rover. The front bumper is slighly tweaked, but only noticeable upon close inspection. There are two rust holes in the rear wheel wells (another common problem). It needs a rear muffler, but other than that the truck is in excellent mechanical conidition. Like all land rovers, it has some electrical quirks... but nothing major. The wipers do not work on the lowest setting, but work at every other speed. The interior dash lights do not work (bad bulb?), the radio antenna is broken, and the sunroofs work intermittently. The check engine light is on due to a bad O2 sensor (I have a code reader and check it frequently). The interior is in very good shape with no rips or tears in the leather. There is one small black stain on one of the rear seats, other than that, the seats look really good (see photos). It has OEM rubber mats all around.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 28th, 2008, 10:30 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

FWIW.. The ebay rule here doesn't prohibit you from posting the link if you tell us what the reserve price is, have a buy now option, or post here what price you are looking to get from a D-90 Source member. The rule is in place to prevent people from using the site's members classified section strictly as an ebay listing dumping ground as a means to boost traffic to their ebay listings.

What price are you looking to get for it?

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old October 29th, 2008, 01:00 PM
J.5
Joe Zinter

Thanks for the info Chris. I like this place and didn't want to piss anyone off.

Its on ebay with no reserve, I'll end the auction for $2500. This seems to be about right according to the ones that actually sell on ebay... or you can try your luck with bidding (17 people watching at the moment). If sold to d-90 member, I'll throw in a set of four michelin synchrone tires w/ about 15k on them and donate $150 to d-90.com.

This would make for a great winter vehicle for those in the NE who need something they can beat on a little.

If anyone is interested... shoot me an email and we can arrange a time to check it out.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
cover, disco, discovery, fs