FS 1999 Disco II white with grey, high miles - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old February 10th, 2010, 11:36 PM
Roving Beetle
Doug
Many come and go - and leak fluids.

Well, we will see how it all pans out tomorrow but I have agreed to purchase a '66 Series 2a..... so I guess i don't need the D2 anyway.

I am off to Vinalhaven to fondle the new beastie tomorrow!

Doug
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 11th, 2010, 07:36 AM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roving Beetle View Post
Well, we will see how it all pans out tomorrow but I have agreed to purchase a '66 Series 2a..... so I guess i don't need the D2 anyway.

I am off to Vinalhaven to fondle the new beastie tomorrow!

Doug
Its that Jeffs red one???

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old February 11th, 2010, 08:07 AM
Roving Beetle
Doug

Yes, the red beauty of "QM-1" fame.

She's a little rough as I understand and will be needing a frame and misc body work. Does have a new RN soft top as well as the hard top and supposedly runs and drives very well.

I did get an email this morning though that the master cylinder is not working right - he's working on it now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 11th, 2010, 08:17 AM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
D-90 Source Vendor

The red 88 used to be long to a friend of mine in VT. I bought his 110 and he offered me the red 88 back then. Then Jeff and another couple bought it, but the other couple are now out of Rovers. We just sold their Red 90 to a gent. in NJ. Small Rover world.

That'll be a good project to keep you busy for a good long time.

Old February 11th, 2010, 08:38 AM
Roving Beetle
Doug

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR View Post

That'll be a good project to keep you busy for a good long time.
Why is it that this statement coming from you makes me very VERY nervous!

Should i stop on my way back and get a load of parts from you or make 23 trips later?

Doug
Old February 11th, 2010, 09:00 AM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Why is it that this statement coming from you makes me very VERY nervous!
I wouldn't be nervous, its a project truck and will be lots of fun. You have to know what you are getting into... its a low cost Series Rover that used to live in VT and then moved to an island surrounded by salt water being sold by an honest guy who knows Rovers well... I think you know what to expect (or if you don't go pinch yourself and wake up).
I have a galv. 88 frame with an MOD rear crossmember that I'd like to sell that would be perfect for it.

Old February 11th, 2010, 09:16 AM
Roving Beetle
Doug

Thanks Mike - I do know what I'm getting into and you're right Jeff is a super guy and I know he's honest and fair.

I am very interested in the frame as i am leaning toward a "stock" galvi chassis and parabolics. I am hoping I have a little time before i have to do that..... but wouldn't mind sourcing parts if the deals were there and things present themselves.

Thanks again Mike!

Doug
Old February 11th, 2010, 09:47 AM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
T
I am very interested in the frame as i am leaning toward a "stock" galvi chassis and parabolics. I am hoping I have a little time before i have to do that..... but wouldn't mind sourcing parts if the deals were there and things present themselves.
I don't have much to sell for Series Rovers, other than that frame. We are in the process of starting a "Series Rover" specific division at ECR, so all the super rare stuff I have collected over the years is going to be used there.

Old February 11th, 2010, 10:16 PM
Roving Beetle
Doug

Thanks Mike - I won't be needing it anytime soon.

Sad to say, aborted the mission.

I took the ferry out to Vinalhaven today and spent a few hours with her. She is a worthy project for sure and all there. In no way did Jeff lead me wrong on it, he's a really stand up guy........ but she is not a driver right now, and not "easily" in my view. I was fully and completely prepared for a massive restoration - but she is a little too much for me right now as it would need quite a bit of time in the shop to be safe to use on the road or even in the woods at some level.

That all said she runs SWEETLY! What a nice little motor, the brakes not so good at all, but man didn't the motor sound smooth. I still have some longing in my heart and I REALLY feel the truck deserves a rebuild, she's right at the point where it's very doable but much longer and it will be a wash.

No Series 2a for me right now - she was happy where she is on the Island and the brakes had no interest in cooperating with anyone. It was a great experience and a good time, but today was not "my time" to have a Series.

So a huge thanks to Jeff, couldn't ask for a better host out on the island and to those who are coming to the Romp I will see you there......... and I *WILL* be in a Rover (double secret Rover), just not a Series.

Doug
Old February 11th, 2010, 10:31 PM
EWR
Carey
1954 CJ-3B

Sorry to hear that Doug.

However, I do know where there is a Kent Green D2 for cheap..... even has new 34" SSR's.....
Old February 11th, 2010, 10:45 PM
Roving Beetle
Doug

Thanks Carey - it was sad, I was excited but like i said - it's just not my time to own one yet.

I will have a Rover assuming it really is OK too..... it's coming up from "the south" and will be meeting me in Waterville. I will have a look at it and pass off some $$ to a fellow Rover nut. Secret secret secret.

LOL.

EDIT: I have a Y-Pipe for you..... I am getting a ride down to the Romp (dropped off) since I am meeting my new truck and hopefully what I drive home there friday evening. My ride down was probably going to leave me at the hotel depending what time it is - I will either have the pipe there or i will leave it at Bruce's. You have a D1 pipe in there now right?

Doug
Old February 12th, 2010, 08:01 AM
pushngo
Randy Williams

I have a Blue '99 D2 25ok miles, I was going to part that may be of interest It has a real dirty interior steering wheel is a mess dent in hood from brush bar no front bumper broken rear bumper

But I bought it from a service shop in Easton who spent $3300 on it new head gaskets etc I would need $1500 for it and I had all the parts except the bumpers you can pull while you are here for a great price Runs really strong drives well I drove it home a few times just filthy inside

I have a shipper that is reasonable also

Just a thought before I pull it.
Old February 12th, 2010, 09:30 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushngo View Post
I have a Blue '99 D2 25ok miles, I was going to part that may be of interest It has a real dirty interior steering wheel is a mess dent in hood from brush bar no front bumper broken rear bumper

But I bought it from a service shop in Easton who spent $3300 on it new head gaskets etc I would need $1500 for it and I had all the parts except the bumpers you can pull while you are here for a great price Runs really strong drives well I drove it home a few times just filthy inside

I have a shipper that is reasonable also

Just a thought before I pull it.
Randy, I may be interested, can you hit me up on PR with all the details

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old February 16th, 2010, 10:38 AM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
D-90 Source Vendor

Sold and gone!

Thanks Jeff!!

Old February 16th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Roving Beetle
Doug

Jeff - if for any reason you would like a full black interior from an '03 I have one with your name on it.

Happy to trade for some D90 body parts if you have anything extra.... thinking I will turn my "new" '96 D1 into a hybrid truck sometime soon.

Doug

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
disco, disco ii, fs