I have tried eBay and while it got close to my reserve it did not quite make it. So after discussing with a Defender Source forum member or two, I am posting it here. I am happy to talk to anyone about the 90 just give me a call. I am asking $56K (pretty firm) but am willing to entertain realistic offers.
You guys already know all this...but it bears repeating - and is mostly straight from my eBay ad, although I have since gone over it with a fine tooth comb.
This is my North American Specification Defender 90 in Arles Blue, badge #2496 (of 2500, not including the LE's I believe). Arguably one of the most sought after years, and colors. I have owned it just over 15 months and driven it probably less than 3k miles. While this is my dream 90, I have more emotional attachment to the other two...BUT I did just drive it... I have three Land Rovers and not enough space, so unfortunately I feel this one should be sold on so someone else can enjoy it. And with an impending remodel...
The PO is/was a forum member and he owned it twice for 5 years (approximately) each time. When I bought it I picked it up in Denver and drove it home to SLC without issue. Since then I have tried to improve it. Carfax shows this to have spent its life in the Southeastern and Southwestern US, so corrosion is minimal and I have tried my best to show the issues in the attached photos.
The rear door has corrosion, and I had some welding done to strengthen it, along with installing a Mantec rear swing away tire carrier, but it is still very serviceable. Carfax does list light damage (cosmetic) to the passenger rear panel in 2000. The only thing I see that might indicate that is the clear coat is failing in this area. It does have an exhaust leak and the tailpipe is a bit short. The headliner is not perfect and it does leak fluids, primarily oil, I stay on top of it and check levels frequently. According to the PO the rear window washer doesn't work (more accurately leaks above the driver - above headliner - IIRC - I never tried it) and front windscreen has weird crack but should pass inspection - it did in March for me.
The 90 is largely stock but there are a couple things that were done, or I have had done to it that are worth mentioning.
- It came with improved oil lines, I don't know how old they are.
- I re-trimmed, foam included, the front seats with Ex-Moor kits.
- I also had the radio rebuilt and at the same time added an iPod auxiliary connection.
- The Hella auxiliary lights on the bumper are included and while the wires are there, the lights are not hooked up and I don't know what beams they are.
- A battery cut off switch is installed.
- It has Rockware rear trailing arms.
- I also installed the previously mentioned Mantec rear swing away tire carrier.
- The tires are BFG 265/75/R16's and have plenty of life left.
- It has new Interstate battery as of early 2016.
- The PO was meticulous in what he did and liked the stock look so the side steps, while appearing stock, are of heavier gauge steel. They are quite stout but I would not use them as sliders or anything like that.
- I replaced most lenses with the Wipac stuff, and while I was in there I found the brake lights (IIRC) were swapped to LED.
It has been worked on by a local Land Rover independent shop where I had the following done in 2015:
- new brake master reservoir and brake system drained and bled,
- new pitman arm, purge valve, pads, rotors and bearings repacked.
- Most recently (2016) the differential fluid in both diffs has been renewed when I had low mileage stock diff's installed.This seems to be the advice provided on this site for best resale, go stock! When I bought it there were 4.11's and TruTracks installed, those have been sold to a local club member.
What else...sometimes after fueling I get a whiff of gas. The fuel gauge is accurate but bounces around a lot (according to PO aftermarket pump new, chasing an issue that something else solved, I have the pump he took out). While serviceable the rear tint is not perfect. Edit: Mileage is 162,433 (thanks for asking guys) and according to PO the engine was resealed in the 90K range (IIRC). Mileage might change as I intend to drive it a bit more to get it out where people can see it.
I have attached more photos, and can take more, just ask. I also have two sets of keys for it. I can be reached at 8 01.8 15. 9959 and am happy to answer any and all questions. More pics to follow...and unless specified to the best of my knowledge, it works, to include A/C.