Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old May 19th, 2015, 01:36 PM
Htown
Ed Acosta
1984 Land Rover D90 Truck Cab conf.

For Sale- 84 D90 RHD 300 TDI Truck Cab Manual

Selling the TweetyBird

1984 Land Rover Defender 90 Truck Cab 300 TDI RHD Manual 97k miles 26500 USD OBO

I have owned this truck for the past 4-5 years and have really enjoyed my time with her. This truck has primarily lived on a ranch 70 miles west of Houston, Texas. I have used it for light rescue vehicle duty, as well as my hunting/fishing surf partner, dog shuttle, and firewood hauler. Have put about 5000 miles on her after buying her from a nice guy out in LA. Do not know the history of how it came to the colonies, but maybe someone here does.

The strong points: Mechanically sound drivetrain. Has never left me stranded. Never had an issue since I had her. The underbody was well sprayed before I got her and probably could use another slathering if you are into that sort of thing. However, the frame is in solid shape and the body has no issues with corrosion. Truck gets a lot of love wherever it goes. Could rev up performance with a little time advance and or turn of star wheel. Cruises about 78 MPH with no problem. Never messed with pump, though it runs the same as my 92 Dodge pickup and have jacked with that thing more than my thing.

The weak points: It has a craptastic paint job that is just now coming into it's own with a custom patina. At some point this vehicle was white, then blue, then a red sealer, and now is a glorious Tweety Bird Yellow with Black hood and Cab hat. There are a few dings and scratches because it is a truck and I take it through the woods and to the creek. The drivers seat has a tear on the cushion and the window locks were "fixed" with aluminum sheet to over come stripped screw attachments. They work just not spec. Headliner has various thumbtacks, I never cared, because it is a truck. Can recommend a great shop in Houston that can make it look buttery smooth like a cake, or a Maxim model.

Repairs/Maintenance: I have replaced a leaky fuel line into the filter, reroute and replaced the engine wire harness (put up high in case it leaked). Repacked wheel bearing, replace disc brakes, and installed a used brake booster, pads, and customized brake lines. New BFG rubber from Discount Tire (warranty if you are sneaky). Yellow Springs from Jolly old England, Pro Comp shocks up front. Custom repaired shock tower/Spring cups (Gulf Coast Crawl Shop) New curved window and seal (was missing on shipping) Actually couriered it back myself. New Steering wheel, window washer pump and dome light. New headlights. Trailer hitch, and numerous bulbs. New Muffler. Running Bobcat air filters.

Repairs Needed:Needs a new water temperature sending unit. Works during daytime hours but gets all sexed up when lights energized. Needs an emergency flasher switch. Needs a rear window latch. Needs a driver seat cushion cover. Could use a stereo amplifier. Needs a good wash.

Add-ons :Truck came with xo trailing arms and shock towers. I added: ARB bumper and sliders. Warn XD 9000 Winch/ Rope. Three window Canvas top and hoops. Snorkel. Black diamond plate fender tops.Trailer hitch. Came with a diamond plate truck bed, and had the entire bed spray lined. Bitching 2 foot Rigid LED Light bars White (great for signaling aliens)and Amber (great for feral hog illumination) Various beer stickers and ejection seat warning sticker from Los Alamos. Custom Texas Plates, WARNING may be associated with Tea Party or Separatist (which has garnered two warning tickets in Austin County!) Someone here might see these additions as a detriment, to which I point out that a wrench or money can solve any heartburn and that the systems I chose have served me well.

I would be confident driving this rig anywhere across country. Clean Texas Title and just renewed registration/inspection. Will be happy to let you drive her around Austin County if you are interested in a test drive.

PICS More on Request:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2540.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	121174   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2543.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	121175  

Name:	IMG_2544.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	121176   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2538.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	121177  

Name:	IMG_2630.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	121178   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2545.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	121179  

Advertisement

Old May 20th, 2015, 05:07 AM
Roverchef
Jake K.
95 D90 SW

Looks fun but too short for my needs. GLWTS
Old May 23rd, 2015, 10:29 PM
Htown
Ed Acosta

Sold

Thanks
Advertisement

Old October 2nd, 2016, 05:28 PM
Htown
Ed Acosta

Bumpity Bump for a Galvy Frame!

Sale never went through last year as there was some issues with the frame. So I went ahead and did a Galvanized Chassis swap (Rovers North) Sadly, the beer stickers are no longer on the truck. I also did a full valvetrain exchange as the head gasket blew. Truck is back on the road running well and floating on it's shiny new chassis. Also sprayed the bottom of the cab with Lizard Skin ( a ceramic coating to insulate from road heat, works great). Asking 32000 USD OBO. Can send pics from chassis change on request but are also in projects section.

Temperature Sending Unit no longer an issue and frame exchange eliminated shock tower work. Now has more travel on back axle due to updated pivot point.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
300 tdi, 90, d90, for sale, manual, rhd, tdi