1997 Disco SE7
- engine swap to hs2.8l TDI TGV motor in 2003@92k miles- engine has about 30k on it atm
- upgraded "Saharan" radiator
- Stock AC system with custom bracket
- mated to rebuilt in (2003) V8 Auto Transmission new tran has about 30k on it atm
- Safety Devices roof rack, with steel mesh flooring welded in
- ARB lockers front and rear (needs new airlines and your own compressor)
- HD tierod
- HD steering link
- OME Steering damper
- 4 inch rovertyme life (2 inch HD springs / 2 inch spacers)
- brand new rotors and calipers and pistons (2015)
- stainless brake lines
- rovertyme HD offset radius arms
- rovertyme HD heim link trailing arms
- diff guards front and rear
- remote reservoir rear shocks
- rovertyme rear offset shock mounts
- rovertyme rear spring cones
- safari guard front bumper and skid plate
- safari guard rear bumper and skid plate
- warn 9000 winch
- 3 x Hella halogens spotlights on bumper
- 4 x Hella spots on roof rack
- rear backup / worklight
- rear ladder
- great basin HD CV front axels
- great basin HD rear axles
- 5x good year 285/75 15 MTX offroad ties mounted on Rover Steel Wheels
- hi-flo fuel pump
- KN Air filter
- new (2014) hand brake drum
- front double double cardon john wood driveshaft
- oil changes / diffs / transmission oil always meticulously done at proper intervals
Rust / mud / slowly taking over chasis and truck, as far as I can tell its all surface. This truck has been run hard all over the world in swamps, snow, rocks, rivers, forests, you name it in Europe, Canada, and USA.
- windows are tempermental, but work. 1 bad switch.
- sunroofs leak water
- headliner is sagging
- bushings are worn throughout
- weeping transmission seal
- weeping coolant hose
- weeping power steering
- leather is worn, but no rips
- doors can sometimes be difficult to open depending on temperature
- corroded or otherwise difficult chassis / ground strap
- I removed my double battery system due to corrosion, and therefore some engine bay wiring organizing is needed with a new dual batter system, but truck drives and has radio with current single battery.
Who should by this truck???
The truth is, anything I have not upgraded myself and is generally listed in the GOOD part above is in really good shape. Anything that was part of what came out of the land rover factory in 1997 is pretty much shot. If you have another disco that you want to put the good stuff into, and have some spare parts , this truck is for you. If you just want the good bits and want to keep it in the truck as a way of transporting the good bits, then this truck is for you. If you want to use this truck to go to work in, or take a long road trip, this truck is NOT for you.
The situation is, I am leaving for Europe again, and was going to take the truck with me, and transplant all the good stuff into a 110, but I am tempted to just start from scratch, and I know that alot of these bits are more useful / valuable to people here stateside, ie.. engine is already imported, clean title on vehicle and listed as diesel, safari gard stuff for discos not made anymore (as far as I know). so I thought I would mention that this truck exists, and does drive, and is for sale. I am also willing to part it out, if somebody is willing to buy enough stuff that my number is met. This is a project to help you finish your project or a project that gets you 90% of the way there with another truck. Or... this is something you can continue to punish until it falls apart finally , and then put into another project.
Vehicle price as is with clean wash state Land Rover title $18,000 OBRO
Vehicle is located in Vancouver, BC right now, but has current WA plates and I can deliver to anywhere between seattle and Vancouver BC
please comment, make offers, or tell me to get lost below.
pic 1 - 2003
pic 2 - 2013