FOR SALE: 1997 D-90 ST British Racing Green - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old August 11th, 2006, 03:35 PM
mjbeckford
Marcus Beckford

FOR SALE: 1997 D-90 ST British Racing Green

I have a 1997 Defender 90 Soft Top and will be putting it up for sale sometime soon. It is British Racing Green and has about 45,000 miles on it. I bought it from a guy in Kansas who owned several Land Rovers, he was the second owner. When I purchased the car in 1999 it had less than 12,000 miles; I drove it back to California where it resided until about 2003. It is now in storage at my parents house in Post Falls, Idaho. I'm living in Montreal, Quebec working and there was no way I was bringing a soft top to Montreal with the cold and the salt. Anyway, I did have a transmission problem with the car and I'm currently fixing that. I'm not sure what I'm going to sell it for, but it'll be in the $27,000 to $33,000 range. It's in great condition and I've never had any issues with it until the transmission. I don't even know yet what the issue is, but it will be fixed before it gets sold. I've always taken care of it and serviced it at the Land Rover dealer in San Francisco. It's basically stock with a full front brush guard, full soft top, a bikini top and another top that just covers the roof of the whole vehicle (open sides). The soft top and windows are in great condition ... back windows come with a storage case. The picture I've attached is NOT my defender, but it looks exactly like this one without the front Hella lights and mine is British Racing Green. If you're interested, please send me an email and I will distribute information to those interested parties when I can get the information. Again, the car is being worked on, I don't have any photos right now of it, but I wanted to see who might be interested in knowing more about the vehicle. I really love this car and hate to see it go, but the time has come (or is coming soon). Let me know if you're interested in getting more information. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Black D-90.JPG
Views:	310
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	6210  

Personal email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

514-848-1767 home
514-394-2989 work

LOCATION IS MONTREAL, QUEBEC (EST)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 23rd, 2006, 02:08 PM
mjbeckford
Marcus Beckford

Sold

Personal email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

514-848-1767 home
514-394-2989 work

Old October 23rd, 2006, 02:24 PM
Dredd
Harlan Boone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbeckford
I have a 1997 Defender 90 Soft Top and will be putting it up for sale sometime soon. Anyway, I did have a transmission problem with the car and I'm currently fixing that. I'm not sure what I'm going to sell it for, but it'll be in the $27,000 to $33,000 range.
So, what was the transmission problem and where in that range did you end up selling it?
Thanks,
HB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 23rd, 2006, 04:39 PM
mjbeckford
Marcus Beckford

Upper end of the range. The transmission needed and got an entire rebuild. All forward moving gears were gone. Don't know quite what happened with it.

Personal email:

514-848-1767 home
514-394-2989 work

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
1997, 90, 97, ac, d-90