For Sale: 1994 Ex-POE Soft Top D90, Conniston Green - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old January 21st, 2009, 03:43 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

evilfiJ and mark is a nice guy he was fruitpunch on the RN board way back when.
Advertisement

Old January 21st, 2009, 06:31 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Thats funny. I know it did go to Switzerland at some point, and of course I took it to Russia. Its a well-travelled truck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old January 21st, 2009, 06:40 PM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Yeah, I think Marc took it to Switzerland... I saw him the other week. I have to tell him that the truck went to Russia. thats so funny
Advertisement

Old January 22nd, 2009, 01:40 PM
evilfij
evilfij

I have the original service book with the stamps from the swiss dealer somewhere. I meant to give it to JimC but never did.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 01:47 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Bastard - I could have asked for more money!

Old January 22nd, 2009, 01:49 PM
evilfij
evilfij

I will sell for $300k I figure the documentation increases the value of the truck 30%
Old January 22nd, 2009, 03:02 PM
bstraw
Byron Straw
1994 POE/ST

Talking

Sold! Send me your paypal.
Old January 24th, 2009, 12:51 PM
fruitpunch
Marc Brouwer
66 IIa 88 Perkins powered

Registry
Exclamation hmmm

She was bought originally June 1994 from Land Rover Glen Cove LI.

VIN SALDV228XRA945393

Sold June 2005 with 111347 miles

current miles 115k.... ah I don't think so.

Besides Russia this truck has been to

Spain, Italia, France, Switzerland, Germany, Belgium, Holland, England, Wales and Scotland.... 5 MAR's....

CARFAX report should show no records till June 1997 as it was in Europe and then records till at least 2005 for NYS
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4761.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	17465   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4759.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	17466  

Old January 24th, 2009, 02:41 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Marc - thats very cool of you to get on here and flesh out the history.

The miles are right. Ron drove it a little bit and sold it to me in March 07, I took it to Russia and only drove it around Moscow - every day, but not a lot of miles. Its just over 116k right now. Probably one of the most well travelled NAS trucks out there.

Byron, it will be your job to take it West.

Old January 24th, 2009, 05:06 PM
evilfij
evilfij

Miles are correct. I never drove it just around town and twice to work--and someone stole the roofrack out of my back yard and the natos with swampers went on a 1994 RRC I sold (I could not stand the noise) and I still have the galvanized step bumper so I can put it on my galvanized frame 110.

I may still have an email of the ebay ad when I bought it.
Old January 24th, 2009, 09:24 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij
I still have the galvanized step bumper so I can put it on my galvanized frame 110.
I wondered why the step bumper wasn't galvanized...

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij
I may still have an email of the ebay ad when I bought it.
Why? Just so you can remind me how you made a few bucks selling it to me?

Old January 24th, 2009, 11:26 PM
fruitpunch
Marc Brouwer

Registry
I can tell you what the email says it says that the speedo broke when going from 99999 to 100000 a common problem with these things, and that I opened it to adjust it for the 200 miles it didn't turn over for until I got home for a trip. I said I did this because I never thought I would sell the truck. Anyway adjusting this speedo is very easy.... I did it because I was more concerned about actual miles and I guess too cheap to buy a new speedo because it was stuck anyway. And to the thief of the roofrack it will only fit on a POE truck and none other.... I do see the original roof every year at the MAR sans the roofrack.
Old January 24th, 2009, 11:31 PM
discotdi
Todd Miller
Land Rover

is this truck a diesel or still v8?
Old January 25th, 2009, 05:42 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitpunch
I can tell you what the email says it says that the speedo broke when going from 99999 to 100000 a common problem with these things, and that I opened it to adjust it for the 200 miles it didn't turn over for until I got home for a trip. I said I did this because I never thought I would sell the truck. Anyway adjusting this speedo is very easy.... I did it because I was more concerned about actual miles and I guess too cheap to buy a new speedo because it was stuck anyway. And to the thief of the roofrack it will only fit on a POE truck and none other.... I do see the original roof every year at the MAR sans the roofrack.
The odometer clearly works now - so the amount is off by 200? The total numbers still make sense if you say you sold at it 111347 - Ron put on a couple thousand and so did I - what's the problem here?

Or are you saying its off by some larger figure? It sounds like you are accusing Ron or me of fraud, which is not cool.

Old January 25th, 2009, 08:17 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by discotdi
is this truck a diesel or still v8?
Still a V8.

Old January 25th, 2009, 12:27 PM
fruitpunch
Marc Brouwer

Registry
hmm

I meant nothing.... sold with closer to 112k miles it was my daily driver ....

4k miles in 4 years sounds reasonable lol for my bicycle but hey it might just have been parked the whole time, it's just a big surprise to me that's all.....

I'd stick a 300 tdi in it a ASAP....

Did you at least drive it from WW terminal in St. Petersburg to Moscow ?....and why register on Russian plates much more fun to drive it with NYS plates I still have some outstanding speeding tickets in the UK. They most likely never saw a d90 going that fast
Old January 25th, 2009, 12:51 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Be surprised all you like about the mileage, both me and Ron have like 6 cars. The truck has been in shipping depots and on boats for 8 months of the 18 I've owned it.

And I didn't put normal Russian plates on it, the ones in the pix are just temp plates. I had diplomatic plates which are much more fun than any other kind.

And no, I didn't drive from Wilhelmson Willenius in Bremerhaven or wherever to RU. I had it shipped to the Netherlands and trucked to Moscow.

Old January 25th, 2009, 05:33 PM
evilfij
evilfij

The first part of my ownership was spent getting it past inspection. Apparently someone switched the temp senor and the number 1 fuel injector connectors around so I kept getting a hard CEL. It also needed a stepper motor (it was idling at 2000rpm). Once I fixed those it ran great. I also replaced the DS seat bottom and did some other tidying up. Then I had to find a cage as I took the roof off right away. I will spare the details of that story. Keep in mind it had no roof for my entire ownership period so I did not drive it in winter or if there was any chance of rain and I do have like six cars (see sig line).

Ron
Old January 25th, 2009, 11:17 PM
ini88
Daniel Marcello
Alloy+Grit Creative Director

I will add to this great story

When I was looking for a Defender 4 years ago I saw this Defender on eBay. So I called up Marc to see if it was ok to come over and see it. I was in Queens and he was on the lower west side of Manhattan. So we set up a time to meet and take it for a test drive. Two days later I'm waiting next to the truck on the street and here comes this 9 foot Swiss guy walking down the street... it's Marc. We get in and take the truck for a spin. I still wonder to this day how he fit into the drivers seat. He is seriously 9 feet tall. I really loved the truck. I was very close to buying it but thought twice and didn't go for it.

About 2 years pass and I end up buying my current Defender. It was September and started to get cold around NYC. I needed a top and found Ron was selling a POE top on the message board. I jumped on it and came down one night after work and Ron and I put the POE top on my truck. Mind you it was like 1am, no lights, missing hardware and dog poop all over! It was fun. Ron explained to me that the top came off his Defender that he got from a guy in NYC. I checked out his Defender and it was the same one I almost bought 2 years ago! So now I have the POE top from the truck I almost bought two years ago. It's weird how things come full circle.

Even weirder... I was at MAR last year and I'm sitting at our camp and this big orange series 2? or 3? comes around the corner and I hear "HEY THATS MY OLD TRUCK!!" and I look over and this 9 foot guy is walking over to my truck. It was Marc!

I told him the story I just told you.

FYI: the Kangaroo sticker is still on it. Also the stickers Ron put on are all there too!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0577.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	17486  
1994 Defender 90 #916
1967 Lancia Fulvia
1974 Alfa Romeo GTV
Old January 26th, 2009, 07:26 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
The low mileage is very believable. I have put more miles on my 110 in a year than I have put on my 90 in over 4 (for a variety of reasons).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
1994, 90, d90, soft top