Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old September 8th, 2016, 01:55 PM
LandRoverLove
Andrew
Defender 90

For Sale: 1994 Arles Blue NAS Defender 90 No. 1839

Arles Blue 1994 Land Rover NAS Defender 90

Hey! I wanted to list this for sale here before it goes on eBay. I'm going to keep it up here for one week for the best offer above $20k.

I bought the vehicle from a guy who bought it in 2000. He kept it on the streets of Chicago so the undercarriage is in bad shape and needs work. The odometer reads 76k miles. The Chicago owner says he put 3k miles on it since then and it is really 79k miles. It has a fuel cell mounted behind the back seat. This D90 starts up easily and engine runs well, but car is being sold “AS-IS” due to the need for undercarriage work and TLC.
Vin: SALDV2288RA943125

The good: This D90's body is in good condition on the top. There are very few dents and the paint isn't too bad. It cranks right up and the AC, radio, and wipers are fully functional! The engine, transmission and differentials are in good condition.

The bad: I've included a picture of a quote to get this D90 safely back on the road. It will cost you around $5500 because it needs new brake lines, shocks and pads.

It will need a new galvanized chassis because it has bad rust!
It has great potential to be fully restored and painted to become a truck worth a lot of money or become a custom build.

I'm marking this as local pick-up only. It will need to be towed to its new home unless you want the British mechanic, who is very familiar with the truck, to start the work for you.

VIDEO: http://youtu.be/H6DT9USdP68

Terms of sale: Seller shall not be responsible for the correct description, authenticity, genuineness, or defects herein, and makes no warranty in connection therewith. Seller makes no warranty as to accuracy of mileage. Vehicle is sold in the AS-IS Condition. No allowance or set aside will be made on account of any incorrectness, imperfection, defect or damage. Any descriptions or representations are for identification purposes only and are not to be construed as a warranty of any type. It is the responsibility of the buyer to have thoroughly inspected the vehicle and to have satisfied himself or herself as to the condition and value and to bid based upon that judgment solely. The seller shall and will make every reasonable effort to disclose any known defects associated with this vehicle at the buyer's request prior to the close of sale. Seller assumes no responsibility for any repairs regardless of any statements. Feel free to ask any questions or request pictures of any area of the car that you feel is important and I might have missed. Buyer pays for shipping. This is a legally binding contract and by bidding, you agree to purchase the vehicle pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth in the auction.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	157213  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 8th, 2016, 02:07 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Did you get it for 10k or 15k?

I and many other board members tried to buy it from the guy. I had a written contract and as I was trying to get it shipped, the seller told me he was keeping it.

If anyone wants full pics of the truck I have them. Cage - cantrails back are garbage.

Interior is done. It literally has a gas tank in tub to bypass the other one.

I normally wouldn't shit on a for sale thread. But you have one post and came here to flip it so I don't care.
Old September 8th, 2016, 02:35 PM
toona
Toona
1994 D90

Registry
Well, that escalated quickly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 8th, 2016, 02:42 PM
shag
seanhaggard
1997 NAS ST

PM sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old September 8th, 2016, 02:50 PM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post

I and many other board members tried to buy it from the guy. I had a written contract with the guy and as I was trying to get it shipped the seller told me he was keeping it.

If anyone wants full pics of the truck I have them. Cage - cantrails back are garbage.

I normally wouldn't shit on a for sale thread. But you have one post and came here to flip it so I don't care.
edit
Old September 8th, 2016, 02:56 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Here is the pic link I have:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...lhyUnVoS1Q2aDA

Not sure if it is locked.

I had someone view the truck in person and it's much worse than the pics even show.

With the cage shot you lose the value in my eyes of it being a NAS ST.

------ Follow up post added September 8th, 2016 11:59 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddymow View Post
edit
Why did you bother editing? We are all big boys.
Old September 8th, 2016, 03:13 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

Its not often that I talk out loud to my computer screen, but a few weeks ago I got pictures of this 90 via email and I actually blurted out "holy sh*t" when I saw the fuel tank install.

the video I saw:
https://youtu.be/QB6B6vbUkqk

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old September 8th, 2016, 03:53 PM
FlyersFan76
Chris
1987 110 Convertible

Registry
My favorite picture.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/cR...bRt=w1920-h913

Love the packing tape on the heater/ac selector. Because without that sticker you would never know how to heat or cool the truck. lol

Is there really anything left of that truck? The truck in Atlanta (I think that is where it was) looks in better shape.

1997 Defender 90- AA Yellow #1701- Wrecked
1997 Defender 90- AA Yellow #?- Sold
2000 AM General Hummer- Sold
Old September 8th, 2016, 04:01 PM
mmgcny
Michael
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan76 View Post

Is there really anything left of that truck?
VIN and clean title.
Old September 8th, 2016, 04:01 PM
Nomar
Jeff B
RR HNTR,RR LWB Tdi

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR View Post
Its not often that I talk out loud to my computer screen, but a few weeks ago I got pictures of this 90 via email and I actually blurted out "holy sh*t" when I saw the fuel tank install.

ha ha ha

When I first saw that, I thought maybe it was just a temporary thing to make the truck mobile around the shop or something.... but it actually looks like a *permanent* fix!

Real Rovers have round headlights!
Rent my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
Just a few miles from 4x4 access!
Old September 8th, 2016, 04:40 PM
vasily
Vasily
97 D90 SW

Registry
Wow. That's all I got.
Old September 8th, 2016, 04:52 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Sub. Scribed.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old September 8th, 2016, 05:02 PM
jimmybuffett
Tom
Hell On Wheels....

Registry
sh_t box

The orig seller from GA sold it for 10K a few weeks ago !
Old September 8th, 2016, 07:23 PM
LandRoverLove
Andrew
Defender 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post

I and many other board members tried to buy it from the guy. I had a written contract and as I was trying to get it shipped, the seller told me he was keeping it.

So you're the guy who completely low balled him and pissed him off then? Well done! You're so bitter. I bought this D90 with 2 friends without thoroughly inspecting it, had it towed to a well known British mechanic who got it running again and we've already put money into it. We had plans to fully restore it, but one of my friends just had a baby, another remodeled their home and we all decided together that it would be best to just sell it now. If you view the 6min+ video, you will see that we are not hiding anything. The interior is NOT done. It needs a new drivers seat. The floor boards are in much better condition than you would expect considering the undercarriage. Only one of my pics uploaded to the thread, but if you view the video you will see what you're buying.

------ Follow up post added September 8th, 2016 07:25 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmybuffett View Post
The orig seller from GA sold it for 10K a few weeks ago !
Hey margaritaville! Get your facts straight. We bought for more than $10k
Old September 8th, 2016, 07:58 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Not bitter at all. Well not about this truck at least. Doesn't mean I'm going to allow you to come on here with one post and try to flip it.

Floor boards are aluminum so short of an apocalypse nothing is going to do anything to them. The bulkhead is another story.

I have nothing to hide with this truck. He had it listed on craigslist for 10k. I emailed and talked to him on the phone. I offered 15k if the cage was good and the truck wasn't complete toast. He told me explicitly that he wanted whoever bought it to look at it in person. He also told me he had offers over 15k but again offers mean nothing when people haven't seen it.

I sent someone there to look and as you can see, it is much worse than your one terrible picture. I said to him listen after having the truck looked at the best I could do was 10k since it literally needs everything and the cage is garbage. I said based on him having higher offers I totally understood him not wanting to sell to me for that.

To my shock he agreed to the 10k. He made me create a bill of sale and arrange a shipper. Then stopped responding for a few hours. Finally he told me he was keeping it and to cancel the pick up. I assumed he sold it to someone for more.

A week after that I wrote him and asked if he wanted to sell it or if he sold it. He then told me he still had it and wanted to sell again and was I good for the 10k. I said yes lets get it done. He then stopped responding to me when I asked where to send payment.

After that I lost interest.

Looks like you scored!!!! Good luck with the sale. You should post it on ebay! Make sure to mention the paint just needs a good polishing!

------ Follow up post added September 8th, 2016 04:59 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post

Your backstory doesnt make sense. Having a baby or remodeling a home arent spontanious events. Sounds like poor planning. And you paid more than 10K???

-Jeff
Why are the flippers' wives always pregnant?

------ Follow up post added September 8th, 2016 05:05 PM ------

Do four other board members want to go in on this with me?

I get it Saturdays.
Old September 8th, 2016, 08:52 PM
mmgcny
Michael
None

I looked at a truck in similar condition. Listed at 25. Every body panel.was dented. Rear cross was shot. But the deal killer was the cage.
Old September 8th, 2016, 08:54 PM
JohnsD90
John
74 SIII 88", 88 110, 91 110

Registry
You can straighten the cage with a chain and a forklift.
Old September 8th, 2016, 09:02 PM
Nos4ra2
Nos4ra2
1995 NAS D90 #2489

Im in, but must warn you not only is am I in the midst of remodeling my house for my pregnant wife, I am getting married while being shipped over seas. so most likely we will have to sell it a few days after buying it, for best offer over $30. For full disclosure we plan on waxing it and rotating the tiers, I hope this helps you understand and justify my price.
Old September 8th, 2016, 09:27 PM
Kelbo
Kelly
'86 110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
All prospective buyers should provide proof of a current tetanus vaccination.

-Jeff
I laughed.

'86 110

Former Rigs:
'94 D 90 ST
'84 D 130 Hi-Cap
Old September 8th, 2016, 09:49 PM
mongosd2
Frank Rafka
01 D2 96 D1 83 110

I'm in...but my 3rd cousins sister wife is having octuplets and I'm in the process of remodeling the doublewide. Funds are limited to a 12 pack of "old Milwaukee Best" and a can of Spam...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
1994, 90, arles blue, defender, defender 90, for sale, nas