Well, I am reluctantly posting my S1 for sale......I have been on the fence now for weeks. But, I have three 88" trucks...none of which accommodate a wife and son very well. We love the Rovers, but at this point need to find one that is a little larger with a few more creature comforts. I had a LWB and kick myself for selling it because it is what we really need right now.
The S1 is the truck that is going to go.
1957 Series 1 - 88"
3.9 Liter Land Rover V8 - Fuel Injected
LT95 4 Speed Gearbox and T-Case
Detroit Tru-Trac Rear Diff with 24 Spline Axle
Warn 8200 Winch
BFG Mud Terrains - Good many miles left in them 255/85/16
Jump Seat with Seat Belt
Magna Flow Exhaust
12 Gallon Custom Fuel Tank - Aluminum
Points of Interest:
- New brakes - I replaced the master cylinder, Bean Can, Drums, Wheel Cylinders and Shoes....all brakes have stainless steel lines. The front brakes are 3" wide x 11" (109 6 cylinder) and the rears are 2" x 11" (109). They are not power assist, but stop very well.
- Wiring - I have had a good bit of re-wiring done to the truck by a friend of mine that is a certified Land Rover tech. The truck did not shut down correctly and was causing me some grief.......anyway, that is all sorted along with brake light wiring and misc. other items.
- New Front Drive Shaft
- Recently Tuned up by a Land Rover Tech.
- Truck has new fluids all the way around.
- The heater will run your ass out it is so hot.
- I am on the 9 month waiting list @ Wadsworth for new front wings. The current ones are a little lumpy, if someone would like my space on the list you can have it. I am probably 3 months into it.....otherwise I will cancel.
- Truck is very drivable. I have driven it all over the place including 400-500 mile trips. It easily keeps up with modern interstate traffic and will go way faster than you have nuts for. I have personally gotten it to almost 80, but stopped. It's fast..........
In an effort for full disclosure, here is the bad stuff:
- There is very minor pin hole rust spots on the driver side bulkhead in one small spot. I have taken a picture of it.......it looks like it is from an old leak at some point. It is not currently rusting and is in no way effecting the integrity of the firewall.
- Same issue with the vents. There were some gaskets that caused water to sit on the little edges of the vents, there is a little perforation in certain places. I have removed the offending seals, cleaned the areas with a wire wheel and Naval Jelly and stopped the issue.
- The Gearbox does not like to downshift into 2nd gear at faster speeds. It shifts up through the gears fine, but shifting down into 2nd at speed is hard. If you give the truck a little gas on your way down into second it slips in just fine. Anyway, something to know......Now that I know what to do it is a non issue for me and not worth pulling the thing apart.
- At 44mph - 46mph there is some slight feedback in the steering......just a wobble from left to right at that speed. It does not effect anything, it's just there. It does not happen less than 44mph or over 46ish.
- Speedometer does not work........no idea why and I don't care. I use a GPS.
- Fuel Gauge is backwards......E = Full, F = Empty
I am forgetting stuff, but just ask me if you have questions.
Truck is located in SC. I have the ability to deliver within reason.
I also have a brand new S1 Hoopset if somebody is interested. It is for sale @ $450.
------ Follow up post added November 8th, 2014 11:37 AM ------