Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
lets see if this works
I prefer this one:
Attached Images

'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 8th, 2013, 11:48 PM
Surf90
C.S.
1989 Defender 110 200tdi

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuSouth View Post
It will receive a good detail and tune up at my shop and then be released back into the wild.
That a $21,500 detail and tune up. Better be the cleanest 110 in the world when it rolls back out of your garage.
Old March 8th, 2013, 11:53 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf90 View Post
That a $21,500 detail and tune up. Better be the cleanest 110 in the world when it rolls back out of your garage.
For a $21,500 tune-up, I'm assuming the truck will now play with your balls as you drive it.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 9th, 2013, 07:12 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post

For a $21,500 tune-up, I'm assuming the truck will now play with your balls as you drive it.
I am almost willing to pay an extra $21k for that.

Semper Fi!
Old March 9th, 2013, 07:32 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Fabrication View Post
I am almost willing to pay an extra $21k for that.
I'd certainly take it far a test drive were that the case

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old March 9th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Shep29
KS
'95 RRC LWB

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
For $21k it better rub one out for you! Uh oh, mud pit?
Old March 9th, 2013, 08:15 AM
ROVERMAN1
Freddie
83 110 & 1993 NAS 110 1997 XD

lol :0)
Old March 9th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
Talking

NAS 110 = $58,000
Detail Job =$21,000
Try ing to pull a fast one here = priceless.
Old March 9th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Sandt
Sandt Michener
1984 Ninety

Registry
Buy low sell high, it's the American way innit? It's all relative. To me 58k is absurd to start with. I'm sure we all would love to flip a vehicle and pocket some cash. More power to him. If you don't like the price, simply don't buy it.
Old March 9th, 2013, 12:08 PM
smob
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandt View Post
Buy low sell high, it's the American way innit? It's all relative. To me 58k is absurd to start with. I'm sure we all would love to flip a vehicle and pocket some cash. More power to him. If you don't like the price, simply don't buy it.
Agreed completely on value and making money. But would you agree that it's probably senseless to come into *THE* den of US Defender enthusiasts and try to pull a $21k detail/tuneup/fluff & fold markup on a known NAS 110?
Old March 9th, 2013, 12:44 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
The American way is knowing your market, and not being a dumbass. If the American way was/is also making terrible business decisions, then this newb has succeeded. Reasons this dude isn't going to make $21k on this truck:

-Naoh had the truck for sale for $65k for over 2 months in one of the wealthiest markets and it didn't sell, because he wasn't negotiable
-Naoh then bumped the price down, but was still having trouble selling it.
-Naoh then put it on eBay with a BIN of $58k, and the truck was bid up into the $40s after a few days, at which point this dude hit the Buy it Now button at $58k.
-Reputable Defender dealers around the country all stayed away from this truck at $58k, even though Naoh was willing to go down to $52k, as they knew there just wasn't enough meat on the bone for them to risk it
-This newb with a 0 feedback eBay account hits the BIN button on eBay and is so clueless about the market and the business that he then goes to an enthusiast site WHERE THE TRUCK WAS JUST LISTED and tries to flip the truck for $21k more. You're clearly a genius
-Anyone who searches the VIN will immediately see that it was posted in the $50s and you're now trying to sell it for $80k
-No one knows you. You have no reputation, aside from a questionable one here. Sure...someone will pay you the same price for a NAS 110 that reputable dealers who have been in business for years are selling for less.
-There are at least 12 other NAS 110s for sale right now - it's been amazing how many have hit the market recently by private sellers. You have no competition at all.
-Good luck, it's a good looking truck.
Old March 9th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Sandt
Sandt Michener
1984 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOB View Post
Agreed completely on value and making money. But would you agree that it's probably senseless to come into *THE* den of US Defender enthusiasts and try to pull a $21k detail/tuneup/fluff & fold markup on a known NAS 110?
Yes, it is senseless but quite entertaining! I will stay tuned to see how long it takes and if he makes anything. I doubt it will be fast and nowhere near 21k. But even if it's a modest profit it's a good investment these days. It should help the market at least.
Old March 9th, 2013, 01:39 PM
smob
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandt View Post
Yes, it is senseless but quite entertaining! I will stay tuned to see how long it takes and if he makes anything. I doubt it will be fast and nowhere near 21k. But even if it's a modest profit it's a good investment these days. It should help the market at least.
Yep - and the market issue is interesting. As Josh said, there's a 110 sale extravaganza. Spring fever? Need cash for the stock market? Trying to ride a wave of broader Defender interest? This demo has kids that are close to college age? Random occurrence? I have no idea why so many seem to be on the market. Guess that's a broader question out of the scope of this thread.
Old March 9th, 2013, 04:22 PM
na78
Naoh
93/110

I could honestly care less if they sell it for 80k, if he can get it, good for him.

DuSouth is a car dealership, this is what they do. Buy and sell. And as for their "reputation", in my experience, they are good guys who close fast. All anyone selling a car cares about.

While not exactly the way I would have handled flipping it, at least they bought the truck instead of wasting my time (or in the case of one well known East Coast "Defender" dealer, try and poison the well and talk trash about me and my trucks after I turned down their ridiculous low ball offer. The world is a small place guys, did you think I wouldn't hear about it??) like some of the other "reputable" dealers.
Old March 9th, 2013, 06:08 PM
WeBeCinYa
WeBeCinYa
94 ST #84

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by na78 View Post
While not exactly the way I would have handled flipping it, at least they bought the truck instead of wasting my time (or in the case of one well known East Coast "Defender" dealer, try and poison the well and talk trash about me and my trucks after I turned down their ridiculous low ball offer. The world is a small place guys, did you think I wouldn't hear about it??) like some of the other "reputable" dealers.

This is interesting...
1991 Range Rover Classic (sold)
1995 Range Rover Classic (sold)
2006 LR3 SE (sold)
Old March 9th, 2013, 06:20 PM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBeCinYa View Post

This is interesting...
Not really.

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"
1968 2A 88

All my troubles are Rover
Old March 12th, 2013, 12:39 PM
d90boy
keith humphreys
aka: Mr Fancy Pants

Registry
hmmmmm
Old March 17th, 2013, 11:16 PM
ORover
Fred
NAS 110s #24 and #466

Having had two NAS 110s at the same time and selling them recently, I think the market is going down simply because guys like me can get 300tdi powered ROW trucks now pretty efficiently.

QUOTE=SMOB;420265]Yep - and the market issue is interesting. As Josh said, there's a 110 sale extravaganza. Spring fever? Need cash for the stock market? Trying to ride a wave of broader Defender interest? This demo has kids that are close to college age? Random occurrence? I have no idea why so many seem to be on the market. Guess that's a broader question out of the scope of this thread.[/QUOTE]
Old March 18th, 2013, 02:05 AM
Dave Thiessen
Dave Thiessen
85 Land Rover 110

Registry
I'm die hard RHD. How much to swap it back to RHD? If not, I only want a NAS 110 that's survived an engine fire. Too soon? sorry...
00 DII- RIP
Old March 18th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Viggen
Jarrod
none

Quote:
Originally Posted by na78 View Post
I could honestly care less if they sell it for 80k, if he can get it, good for him.

DuSouth is a car dealership, this is what they do. Buy and sell. And as for their "reputation", in my experience, they are good guys who close fast. All anyone selling a car cares about.

Its like Barrett- Jackson. Most of the stuff that rolls across their blocks is selling WAY too high but like they say, there is an ass for every seat.

Who was this EC "Defender" dealer? Inquiring minds, well at least mine, want to know...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
110, defender, defender 110