Eriba Puck travel trailer - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old April 5th, 2015, 09:59 PM
JackW
Jack Walter
1966 109 SW Diesel

Eriba Puck travel trailer

I've decided to sell my 1989 Eriba Puck Travel trailer that I used at the Overland Expo event last October. I have two of these Eriba trailers and the wife has been asking do I really NEED two travel trailers? The answer is of course I do but since I just retired and am now on a fixed income the thought has crossed my mind that I could use some cash to get started on restoring my two Series IIA Land Rovers.

The trailer is a 1989 12' long Eriba Puck that weighs right around 800 lbs and is almost exactly the same width as a Defender or series truck (or a VW van). It tows like a dream. The original owner bought it new in Germany and used it to tour Europe before shipping it back to the USA. He mostly used it in Florida until early last year when he traded it in on a boat in Pensacola. I bought it from the owner of the boatyard after some spirited Ebay bidding against five other eager buyers. This is likely one of the newest Eriba trailers in this country and is in exceptional condition. I had looked for an Eriba trailer for six years before getting this one - they are usually described as a German Airstream and are very desirable in Europe and over here.

The trailer has a queen size bed that runs length wise in the back of the trailer and a small two burner stove and sink built into the kitchen in the nose. There is storage under the benches, some overhead cabinets and a small closet in the left front corner. The pop-up roof section gives about 6'2" of headroom. Its sort of like a teardrop you can stand up in. The previous owner removed the gas heater and replaced it with a built in air conditioner.

And of course about three days after I bought this one the 16' Eriba Triton that I had been chasing for five years became available and after a week or two's hesitation I bought that one too. So now I have two German travel trailers and although I really like them both teh bigger one is better suited to trips with the wife and Standard Poodle.

I will include a 10' x 10' Add-a-Room from Bus Depot that has windows and roll up sides (even a floor) that will attach to the side of the trailer.

I'm asking $8500 for the trailer - the VW Bus folks are nuts about these things and its probably worth more. I'm planning on bringing it to the Uwharrie Safari in two weeks in NC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 5th, 2015, 10:05 PM
LostChord
Brian
86 D110 SW

Registry
I have no need for a trailer, but that thing is cool!!

GLWTS
Old April 9th, 2015, 08:25 AM
JackW
Jack Walter
1966 109 SW Diesel

I've decided to reduce the price to $7900. Camping season is starting and someone needs to enjoy this trailer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 14th, 2015, 07:59 PM
JackW
Jack Walter
1966 109 SW Diesel

Trailer is sold and on the way to Tallahassee, Florida.
Old April 15th, 2015, 07:36 AM
LostChord
Brian
86 D110 SW

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackW View Post
Trailer is sold and on the way to Tallahassee, Florida.
Very cool! I'm in Tallahassee...who bought it? May the owner will chime in for a friendly "hello"!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles