Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old December 17th, 2014, 06:00 PM
Daniel1
Daniel
1984 D110

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Yeah we've even seen an example of Daniel1 trying to flip a vehicle here for a ton of money (privately of course) before he'd even bought it. Imagine the actual owner's surprise when I asked him if his truck was for sale and he said, um no why? but proceeded to tell me how he'd been contacted by Daniel1 trying to get him to sell him his truck.

I'm sure we have dealers privately poaching here all the time, I just hope that users make the admins aware when we have sketchier people trying to pull crap like that. We don't need a few users ruining the reputation of the rest of us on this board. Most of us are just genuinely trying to help one another out, and others are only here to try to get some extra cash in their pockets, and will say anything to do so.
You're calling me out but then you delete my posts when I respond. Think next time you try to slander someones name without having all the facts. To my benefit I have a photographic memory and can rewrite the same message over and over again if you choose to delete this message again and not your slanders too. Here we go rijosho (Joshua):

You think you're important. But since your trying to prove something let's first get the story straight and then you can follow up straight to my face vs. of hiding behind your keyboard. I do live in the area.

Instead of running around playing detective I'll help you out this one and only time. I was approached but a member who knew I was looking for this particular truck. I won't name any names since I was approached in confidence but they asked if I still interested in procuring this truck or if I knew anyone who was in the market. I have inbox messages which tell the real story but at the end of the day, why is it your business. I am a very private person but there are a few on here that know I am very successful at what I do and don’t need to make a few bucks. Check your facts before you make accusations.

I think you need a few lessons in life:

Lesson one (1); it’s time to realize that the majority of this board doesn't like you. Recognize that people only talk to you when they need something? In my short year here I've understood the hatred for you being associated with Doc Aaron and Bill Cox. I think it goes Doc one (1) then with Will's vouch for Bill it's a toss-up for second place.

Lesson two (2); stop calling everyone that’s selling their truck. We all know you’re not buying so stop wasting everyone’s time.

Lesson three (3); this lesson will be in person if you have anything more to say.

To summarize; get a life, get off the boards, spend some time with your wife, and stay out of everyone's business. You talk more than a high school cheerleader but are considerably less tolerable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 17th, 2014, 08:01 PM
cwilder
Chad
2012 110 Black

Registry
So did you own the truck you offered me for sale or were you trying to sell a 90 you didn't own?
1997 D-90 #1867 (sold) :(
2012 Black 110 :) In OZ still
2011 LR4 "Metropolis" (sold) :(
2011 Raptor F150 SVT (sold) :(
2007 Shelby GT500 (sold)
2007 LR3 (sold)
2006 RRS (sold)
Old December 17th, 2014, 08:06 PM
toona
Toona
1994 D90

Registry
I thought you had 5 for sale?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 17th, 2014, 09:17 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
I guess I'll respond so that we can get some of what you've done here out in the open. If anyone else has received messages from Daniel1 (or anyone for that matter) that you believe to be along the same lines as below, you can always report them or bring them to an admin's attention, as PM’s are otherwise not monitored. There is a lot of trust on this forum, and a lot of that has to do with the integrity of the individuals who represent themselves and their products accurately. Many of us have also pulled together and done some amazing things for one another (sometimes complete strangers) during real times of need – I highly value that camaraderie and that trust, so when someone comes here and has the potential to spoil that trust, yes…I (and others) take that very seriously.

So, here it goes - let's get the facts straight about why I called you out.

-A member asked me to look at a 1994 arles blue ST, and forwarded me an e-mail with pics, PMs, etc. This had NOTHING to do with you until I received the messages and realized that the messages originated from your account

-The truck in question looked like one that had just sold on this forum for $20k, but you were offering it to this member for $38.5k and told him that you’d received another offer on the truck but that “money talks” and that you’d not yet received any cash or a deposit yet.

-As far as I knew, another member had bought the vehicle for $20k, not you, but regardless I told this guy that there may be some wiggle room considering it may have just sold here for $20k (I was still assuming you were actually the owner until I confirmed otherwise).

-Again I thought the truck looked familiar so I reached out to the person who I thought actually bought/owned the truck and asked him if he’d actually bought it and if it was for sale. He said that yes he owned it outright and it was sitting in his driveway, there was a 110 he liked, but no the truck was not for sale at the moment. I asked him if I could send him an e-mail with photos I'd received to confirm if a vehicle that was being represented as for sale was indeed the vehicle he'd just purchased that he said was not for sale.

-He immediately confirmed that the photos were of his vehicle and that he had not given you permission to represent his vehicle as for sale, nor had he agreed to sell his vehicle to you.

-Both parties immediately voiced their concerns about having a member such as yourself on this forum, and that the experience was enough to deter them from buying or selling here in the future.

2) Sorry, be more descriptive.

3) Is that a threat?

Daniel, despite what you may think, I don't just randomly pick people out of a crowd and say I'm going to pick on them. I started receiving multiple messages about you from other members in the past few months way before the above happened. It started off simple enough - "hey do you know anything about Daniel?" they'd ask, and because I'd met you I'd say "I've met him so I know he at least exists, and he seemed nice enough - you can probably trust him." The number of inquiries about you increased over time - apparently you've been doing quite a bit of business around here via PM, following leads from the Wanted section - and people said you always had something you were trying to sell them. A pattern quickly developed in that your practices tended to “sketch them out” and people generally seemed to believe you were misleading them; pointed questions they'd asked you that you either dodged or blatantly lied about - I believe one of them pertained to a green D90 ST you were hawking around. Sadly, I continued to defend you until the above happened.
Old December 17th, 2014, 09:38 PM
toona
Toona
1994 D90

Registry
Josh is a stand up guy and does a lot for this board.
Old December 17th, 2014, 11:23 PM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
Daniel before you go throwing spears...just realize, we are a tight knit bunch of retards with shitty trucks, bad dealer support, bloody knuckles and short tempers and hence look after each other...doing something underhanded and lying, cheating or stealing in this crowd will get noticed. Period.

Doing the right thing, being honest, legit and truthful will serve you well. Otherwise expect the consequences you deserve.
Old December 17th, 2014, 11:32 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
just realize, we are a tight knit bunch of retards with shitty trucks, bad dealer support, bloody knuckles and short tempers and hence look after each other...
This is absolute gold Jerry, gold!
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old December 17th, 2014, 11:50 PM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
Is it just me or does the rack basket look odd, like it's too tall. I dunno looks funny
It's not a period correct SD rack. That's why it looks funny. The front bars look similar to Jeff's, of LeloFab, which are a great product! I have a set and prefer them to my oem SD bars and feet. These might not be Jeff's though as they look a bit too tall. The one piece ladders fold forward and attach to the basket too far forward, and of course, as you mentioned, the basket is way too tall to be original SD period correct equipment. It's not that there is anything wrong with it, except maybe the rear ladder/basket attachment may be a bit weaker due to the greater cantilever forward, but it simply isn't a period correct oem SD rack.
Old December 18th, 2014, 12:45 AM
kevincdoyle
Kevin C. Doyle
1995 NAS D90 Coniston Green SW

Registry
I like you Josh....

"I actually like to paint some of my smaller parts......"
Old December 18th, 2014, 06:26 AM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
It looks like it's back up for sale by those dealer friends of Daniel1 - Worldwide Vintage Autos - they want $38,000 SALDV2288RA940693 Mileage: 143,000 miles http://www.worldwidevintageautos.com...-80205/5335785
Company is all over the ripoff report for misrepresenting themselves. Long history of dissatisfied customers. Buyer been warned!
Old December 18th, 2014, 09:03 AM
110fender
devin
1987 110

I bought a vehicle from those guys about 2 years ago. Biggest mistake I ever made in the vehicle world. Run far run fast from those guys.
Old December 18th, 2014, 09:28 AM
roverrees
David Rees
97 NAS D90 SW

I looked at this truck with Dirty back in October when he put out the feeler on selling the truck. It sold or at least changed hands in St. Louis from when this was originally posted until he sold it in late October early november. he said he owned it for 1.5 years.

It is a pretty clean original truck that would make a good driver. There are some things that could be refinished but all in all it was nice and did not have any major rust. Doors and floor board/bulkhead were in good shape. If I would have bought it I would have put and new set of tires on it and enjoyed it.
Old December 18th, 2014, 10:07 AM
chuckc4
chuck b

Disclaimer: I do not know Josh or Daniel personally. However, I have benefited from Josh's posts on numerous occasions. If I ever do meet Josh, I will be buying the first round!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel1 View Post
You're calling me out but then you delete my posts when I respond. Think next time you try to slander someones name without having all the facts. To my benefit I have a photographic memory and can rewrite the same message over and over again if you choose to delete this message again and not your slanders too. Here we go rijosho (Joshua):

You think you're important. But since your trying to prove something let's first get the story straight and then you can follow up straight to my face vs. of hiding behind your keyboard. I do live in the area. Bullshit. Josh is important to the DEFENDER source Community—he is knowledgeable and provides valuable information to all of us about the sales history of Defenders, among other things.

Instead of running around playing detective I'll help you out this one and only time. I was approached but a member who knew I was looking for this particular truck. I won't name any names since I was approached in confidence but they asked if I still interested in procuring this truck or if I knew anyone who was in the market. I have inbox messages which tell the real story but at the end of the day, why is it your business. I am a very private person but there are a few on here that know I am very successful at what I do and don’t need to make a few bucks. Check your facts before you make accusations. Probably Bullshit as most people who say that aren't really successful....

I think you need a few lessons in life:

Lesson one (1); it’s time to realize that the majority of this board doesn't like you. Recognize that people only talk to you when they need something? In my short year here I've understood the hatred for you being associated with Doc Aaron and Bill Cox. I think it goes Doc one (1) then with Will's vouch for Bill it's a toss-up for second place. Doubtful

Lesson two (2); stop calling everyone that’s selling their truck. We all know you’re not buying so stop wasting everyone’s time. Bullshit. Josh provides valuable information to everyone who uses the DEFENDER source.

Lesson three (3); this lesson will be in person if you have anything more to say. Bullshit. You should be banned for making a threat.

To summarize; get a life, get off the boards, spend some time with your wife, and stay out of everyone's business. You talk more than a high school cheerleader but are considerably less tolerable.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
1994, 90, defender, defender 90