Built WhiteD90 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old April 19th, 2008, 02:21 PM
WhiteD90
Johnathan Tisdale
93 110, 90 RockRR buggy

Built WhiteD90

This is a post I thought I would never follow through with, but I have decided to go with a buggy. I'm selling (I think!) my 1994 White defender 90, #1362 which I've had and built over the last decade; rather than chop it up into a defender looking rock buggy I'm putting it up for sale. I bought this vehicle with 23K miles from a Dr in Colorado and have poured my heart and soul into this rig. It has 82K on it now and as many know it has been featured in Land Rover World, Land Rover Monthly, and most recently was a feature rig in the July/August 2007 issue of Crawl Magazine.

I'm advertising this rig in two ways:

1) first being the complete vehicle as described minus the front and rear ford 9" custom axles, custom 3 link, hydro assist steering, Walker Evans Beadlocks with 37" red label crawler tires, and CV driveshafts. I will re-install stock axle housings, axles, front radius arms and include 5 37" MTR tires on black SG 15x8 steel wheels and drive shafts. This will be a fully driveable/wheelable version but will need lockers and HD axle shafts to keep it a serious off roader.

2)second option is the complete rig with the above custom axles, beadlock wheels and competition compound tires plus, custom 3 link, driveshafts, and hydro steering...basically the vehicle as pictured.

1994 Alpine White Land Rover defender 90 #1362

converted to ZF automatic transmission with stock 97 style console integrated with a tuffy console
dual optima batteries and isolator
VDO temp and trans temp guages
Momo steering wheel
Rockware front bumper with light bar and two D ring attachment points
Rockware rear bumper
rockware sliders with added SG nerf bar
rockware cat skid plate
rockware belly pan skid plate
rockware frame sliders
SG heim jointed rear trailing arms
SG gas tank skid plate
SG stage 3 springs in rear (no longer available)
OME 764 front springs
PVC complete custom roll cage from A pillar to C pillar
PVC custom front and rear shock mounts
FOX 2.0 remote res 14" travel shocks front and rear
PVC custom High lift jack/powertank rack behind front seats
Badger tonneau cover
3 Hella lights on bumper
2 rock lights underneath
ARB compressor with switches mounted and plumbed
CD player
SS oil cooler lines
custom power steering bracket made by Pendy Import for high flow PSC power steering pump
stock PS box ported for hydro assist lines
(5) 37x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR tires with 90% tread
Howe high volume power steering reservoir
Warn 9000# winch with 3/8" Amsteel Blue rope

Package 2)

Front and rear ford 9" axles with ARB lockers and 4:56 Yukon gears. Custom made 2nd generation by Rockware and Sunray Engineering. The rear axle was made to be exact width with stock mounting points for rear trailing arms, A-Arm and uses stock LR D90 brakes and bolt pattern. Front axle was made to exact stock width and has mounting points designed to work with the SG center link and custom longer 3 link radius arms. The front also uses the stock LR bolt pattern for wheels. Both 9" center sections utilize the HD Strange nodular case with 4:56 Yukon gears, ARBs and custom 35 spline 1.5" diameter axle shafts (good luck breaking one of those!). The front axle uses Dana 60 outer ball joint style knuckles, again with 35 spline 1.5" diameter shafts with 1/2 ton brakes. Rovertacks custom built the panhard rod, tie rod, and drag link all with heim joints and thick wall tubing.

(5) 37x12.50x17 BFG red label (competition compound) Krawlers, one is new and unmounted on (4) 17x8 Walker Evans Beadlock wheels with stock LR bolt pattern. Tires are in good shape and only get driven on and off the trailer at the trailhead or short distances on road to trail head. These are the stickiest tires I've ever seen!

Tom Woods CV driveshafts front and rear. Rear yoke end has 1350 ujoint while the front shaft yoke end is 1310.

New PSC hydro ram assist with lines included but not mounted. It is a bolt on process but does affect on road handling of the vehicle.

Those who have been on the trail with this vehicle will attest to the fact that it is a wolf in sheep's clothing and has performed quite well on many of the hardest trails around. Given the fact that this defender has been where it has it is in remarkable shape, very few dents or dings and since it was a Colorado truck the frame is perfect. A small amount of corrosion in the door handle pockets and some staining of hardware are the only corrosion issues, really none at all compared to 95% of defenders out there.

I hate to sell this vehicle but I cannot justify having it, a 110, and a rock buggy. Quite frankly I'm not sure where to price this rig either so if you have serious intentions please contact me and we can discuss it.

I may ask CVC to update this ad as I'm sure I've forgotten several upgrades along the way...this is wierd, I told my wife this was like writing an obituary.

No trades considered.

Tis
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gwa2 032.jpg
Views:	775
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	12995   Click image for larger version

Name:	tellico2.JPG
Views:	807
Size:	249.3 KB
ID:	12996  

Click image for larger version

Name:	gwa2 035.jpg
Views:	564
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	12997  
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 19th, 2008, 06:45 PM
GeoParth
George Parthmer
1995/d-90 #2715 yellowST

do you have a ball park price in mind?
Old April 19th, 2008, 06:55 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Wow, its wild to hear you consider selling. Based on what it is, how much is custom, and how well it works, I'm going to SWAG a value of 52k. Now, I don't really think the market supports that kind of pricing for such a modified rig, but I can't see taking 30-35k for it. Just wait for the right buyer.

BTW - what is it that you want in a buggy? Is it just an arms-race thing?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 19th, 2008, 08:00 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

Hmm... Damn Tis... It's white so it matches my other trucks.

Old April 19th, 2008, 08:54 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by woldd90

didnt you say you wanted a decicated wheeler?
Old April 19th, 2008, 09:41 PM
WhiteD90
Johnathan Tisdale
93 110, 90 RockRR buggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
Wow, its wild to hear you consider selling. Based on what it is, how much is custom, and how well it works, I'm going to SWAG a value of 52k. Now, I don't really think the market supports that kind of pricing for such a modified rig, but I can't see taking 30-35k for it. Just wait for the right buyer.

BTW - what is it that you want in a buggy? Is it just an arms-race thing?
Yeah, Jim it's crazy I know. The value is hard to determine for me, as you note the money put in will never be returned and Ican tell you that I've sold defenders here on this site for less that I have in the axles, wheels, and tires alone on this rig. I'd entertain a reasonable offer for the right buyer, you might be surprised.

The trails I like to do are starting to demand zero body panels and have high consequences to full bodied rigs; that type of wheeling is fun to me. The buggy is going to be a 4 seater too so the fam can join in also. Now that I've got a 110, I'm still able to tinker on a rover and go have fun with a good group of people too.

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoParth
do you have a ball park price in mind?
Sort of, depends on which version you are interested in. If you are serious PM me and we can talk about it.

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Just right down the road Scott, you can pick her up after one last trip to Tellico if you like!
Old April 20th, 2008, 09:43 AM
BCR
Brian Richardson
Need a D90 Tdi

Very nice buildup - wish I had the $ to buy her. We have plenty of trails to test its limits.
Graduate of Del Albright's RLTC course
Just Good Trails - Trail Boss
Tread Lightly - Tread Trainer
Old April 20th, 2008, 11:49 PM
dbj836
Brad Jones

Do you have a soft top with it? Any known issues that will need to addressed in the near future?

Thanks for your reply - very nice rig and may be quite interested.
Old April 21st, 2008, 09:02 AM
WhiteD90
Johnathan Tisdale
93 110, 90 RockRR buggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbj836
Do you have a soft top with it? Any known issues that will need to addressed in the near future?

Thanks for your reply - very nice rig and may be quite interested.
Brad-

I run a bikini top and do have door tops and a drop curtain. I do not know if a stock soft top would fit snugly. The custom cage was build to be nearly identical in dimension to the stock cage but have never tried to fit a top. It would require the addition of snaps along the underside of the B pillar if one did indeed fit. The belt rail kit is still on the vehicle.

No known issues. I have always run synthetic oil and changed it far more frequently than recommended, sometimes after every major off roading trip. The engine oil pan was recently removed and re-sealed and the oil pump screen was checked for any debris. Diff oil changed as reugularly to keep ARBs problem free.

The radiator has recently been flushed, and the water pump was replaced at 80K as a prevenatitive measure.

The only issue I have not deal with was that I never wired the reverse light when I converted the defender to an auto.

The shocks are nearly new, three trips on them I believe.

As crazy as it sounds I also clay bar, de-oxidize, and polish the paint regularly. The defender is also garaged.

I did forget to mention the Borla exhaust in the original ad.
Old April 24th, 2008, 10:59 AM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

Bah, First Troy, then me, and now you?

Good luck with sale man
Old April 24th, 2008, 01:29 PM
WhiteD90
Johnathan Tisdale
93 110, 90 RockRR buggy

Thanks Yousef! The difference I guess is that I'm going further down the slippery slope and you guys seem to have gotten onto flat ground (Isn't that the only place a RR can take you these days?!! )?

Tis
Old May 7th, 2008, 01:13 PM
WhiteD90
Johnathan Tisdale
93 110, 90 RockRR buggy

Going to Tellico May 22nd for the weekend if you want to see this rig in action.
Old May 7th, 2008, 02:00 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

I may be able to go up... Why don't you bring the truck to my house and we'll see if the wife notices... All of our truck's are white.

Old May 7th, 2008, 02:31 PM
WhiteD90
Johnathan Tisdale
93 110, 90 RockRR buggy

Quote:
I may be able to go up... Why don't you bring the truck to my house and we'll see if the wife notices... All of our truck's are white.
No problem, do you think she will notice the dip in your bank account?

Come on up!
Old May 7th, 2008, 07:52 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteD90
No problem, do you think she will notice the dip in your bank account?

Come on up!
That is the part I am working on...

Old May 7th, 2008, 09:02 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
Do it
Old May 7th, 2008, 11:21 PM
APaden
Anthony Paden
Help me fill this please!

has there been a price quoted or something in mind?

Seattle, WA

Old May 8th, 2008, 08:49 AM
WhiteD90
Johnathan Tisdale
93 110, 90 RockRR buggy

$40K for the built version...
Old May 9th, 2008, 05:32 PM
WhiteD90
Johnathan Tisdale
93 110, 90 RockRR buggy

recent development that motivates me a bit more to sell the defender minus axles,wheels, tires. Please inquire if you are interesed in this defender with some version of stock/aftermarket rover axles under it. pricing still varies depending on items desired like lockers, HD axle shafts. Mid $20s with stock parts is a starting point.
Old May 9th, 2008, 06:58 PM
madcowdungbeetle
Carter
1994 D90 on 37s supreme balla style

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteD90
recent development that motivates me a bit more to sell the defender minus axles,wheels, tires. Please inquire if you are interesed in this defender with some version of stock/aftermarket rover axles under it. pricing still varies depending on items desired like lockers, HD axle shafts. Mid $20s with stock parts is a starting point.
Please tell me you're putting them under the 110.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
90, d90