Beautiful white 1997 land rover defender 90 2dr 4wd convertible #1804 - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old July 20th, 2014, 08:00 AM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfndr97 View Post
Why does it matter what price people sell their Defenders at on this board? Is this a charity where Defenders are traded at a below market price. Last time i checked, this was a for sale section. If you are insulted at someone's price don't buy it. It still amazes me when people post a truck for sale on here there is always some jackwagon waiting to throw in their comments on how shitty the truck is. I thought that was outside the forum rules. My assumption is, if someone wanted to sell their truck from this forum, they would want the best price possible?? Understanding the guy that posted this ad may not be the mose legitimate, this is a free site and rules are rules. I come here for information and it seems like there are a bunch of member trollers that love to just stir the pot.
I don't get it either. It makes no sense.

Clay

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 20th, 2014, 08:26 AM
aquatiger
S
none

Registry
I think some may take issue with the commercial/dealer aspect of the post. I think if you allow business ads to be posted along with private comments it will open up a can of worms and ruin this site.

Imagine if every single commercial entity who had Defender stuff to sell put up posts every day. That would suck.
Old July 20th, 2014, 08:57 AM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

You guys need to stop crapping in other peoples for sale ads. If you don't like it. Don't buy it.

If you don't like the price, negotiate or don't buy it.

If I was planning on selling my 90, I would list it here. I would ask a fair market value for it, just like you guys would. A friends discount would apply.

But, don't crap on his post. Some one will buy that truck, and will eventually join us here.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 20th, 2014, 09:08 AM
ssbartley1
Steve Bartley
1997 SW #160

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by woldd90 View Post
You guys need to stop crapping in other peoples for sale ads. If you don't like it. Don't buy it.

If you don't like the price, negotiate or don't buy it.

If I was planning on selling my 90, I would list it here. I would ask a fair market value for it, just like you guys would. A friends discount would apply.

But, don't crap on his post. Some one will buy that truck, and will eventually join us here.

I agree. People can vote with their wallets, or give pricing advice if it's sought from the seller. Nobody benefits by tearing up someone's post- and the negativity gets to be draining.
"Walk tall, kick ass, learn to speak Arabic, love music and never forget you come from a long line of truth seekers, lovers and warriors."
- Hunter S. Thompson
Old July 20th, 2014, 10:05 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
I only saw a pricing comment from one person. The rest of the comments appeared to be asking/giving/or correcting the information provided for the vehicle or the new/unknown seller himself.
Old July 20th, 2014, 12:05 PM
101stAirborne
Battle Ewing
1997 D90 LE 255/300

Registry
I was the one that made the price comment and after looking back, the price is not what irritated me. It was the used car salesman post that I did not like. You are all right though, it is not my truck and it is not my thread, so I digress. I just notice more and more people joining this forum that don't care about the forum. They are only using it to sale a vehicle (which they are allowed to do). We can discuss this further in a new thread if anyone is interested. Admins, can one of you please delete all the posts on this thread related to my comment so it does not distract from the sellers thread. Thanks! Good luck with the sale.
Old July 20th, 2014, 12:07 PM
dfndr97
David

Agree
Old July 20th, 2014, 12:08 PM
101stAirborne
Battle Ewing
1997 D90 LE 255/300

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfndr97 View Post
Thus my comment, it only takes one! The person that made the comment has clearly stated he loves the fact that his Defenders are always going up in value. I am sure when he decides to sell one day he will ba asking a price he thinks they are worth. If someone wants to ask $297,000 for a restored 110, God bless them! They have every right and I am sure someone out there will pay it, that is why we live in the USA.
You are correct. I was wrong............again.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
1997, 90, 97, convertible, defender, defender 90, land rover, land rover defender