Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old February 16th, 2014, 07:03 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Curious what the price was at Alexandria LR?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 16th, 2014, 07:39 PM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

I believe 47.5

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old February 17th, 2014, 10:36 AM
nflory
Nate
1997/Defender 90 ST

Yikes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 6th, 2014, 01:11 PM
d90boy
keith humphreys
aka: Mr Fancy Pants

Registry
oops.
Old August 6th, 2014, 06:09 PM
toona
Toona
1994 D90

Registry
why oops?
Old August 7th, 2014, 09:07 AM
d90boy
keith humphreys

Registry
i put the newer for sale ad up, but it was already sold. =)
Old August 7th, 2014, 09:51 AM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by d90boy View Post
i put the newer for sale ad up, but it was already sold. =)
I'll do it for you:
http://www.luxsport.com/1997-land-ro...n-top-c-30.htm
$64,955
Nice detailing and a good amount of disclosure in the high-res photos. Copley better step up their game.
Note the speedo change. I wonder how this was documented.

Old August 7th, 2014, 10:23 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Gotta love how the thing has just been passed around from dealer to dealer since January and the PO wanted it to go to someone who knew defenders.
Old August 7th, 2014, 12:10 PM
bonefish4
Brian Merrins
1995/D90 ST

Registry
only if you like white....
Old August 7th, 2014, 12:13 PM
Raddy
David
1997 D90 ST BELUGA BLACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonefish4 View Post
only if you like white....
Correct: http://www.luxsport.com/1997-land-ro...0-90-c-68.htm?

haha
Old August 7th, 2014, 12:54 PM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddy View Post
So wait are you the "Dave" referenced here? I always wondered who it was.

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=37226

Quote:
Originally Posted by gas-man View Post
SOLD.
This has to be one of the strangest car transactions I have been a part of.

I received a call from Dave in NYC, and he said he saw it for sale on D-90 The Source. He wants to buy and offers me a little below asking, so I accept. He then tells me he is going out of the country and his cousin Lance (Luxsport.com) will handle the transaction so Dave can avoid registration fees/taxes. At this point I became a little concerned. Sight unseen he wants to buy it and now he is out of the country and someone else is on the bill of sale. From my perspective I am just selling the car to Lance....those two can work it out.

I received the bank wire today that Cousin Lance executed on behalf of Dave (wink). I confirmed with my bank and everything went through without a hitch. The transport truck with my D90 just left my house and the paper work I signed stated the Defender was headed to Law Auto Sport/Group in IL.

At this point I have my money and the defender is gone, but the way this transaction went down seemed real shady. I thought for sure by the end of this I would be dealing with a Kenyan prince who wanted my help to move his family fortune to USA, my friend.

Just wanted to share this weird experience and perhaps this Defender will show up somewhere for sale in IL by the end of the week.

If Dave turns out to be real and joins this Defender community and reads this post, then I wish him luck and I hope he enjoys the truck as much as I did. Or perhaps the new owner in IL or wherever will stumble across this post when something inevitably breaks down the road.

------ Follow up post added May 21st, 2012 08:22 PM ------

Yep, Law Auto Group has it listed for sale $46,900

Pics coming soon!!!

Damnit. If I had known this before hadn I wouldn't have loaded all the extras inside...badger tonneau, snorkel, tuffy boxes, etc.
Sorry Josh....but you are resourceful, I bet you can call them and try to buy the extra stuff you wanted.
Old August 7th, 2014, 01:24 PM
d90boy
keith humphreys

Registry
you are slipping josh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old August 7th, 2014, 01:45 PM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
No I always figured he was David from Lux (he was driving the yellow D90 around with the hood scoop and snorkel) but not the same one who was calling board members saying he wanted to buy their trucks for his own personal use etc. just to make a deal, then selling it off to other dealers before even being picked up.
Old August 7th, 2014, 06:26 PM
Raddy
David
1997 D90 ST BELUGA BLACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
No I always figured he was David from Lux (he was driving the yellow D90 around with the hood scoop and snorkel) but not the same one who was calling board members saying he wanted to buy their trucks for his own personal use etc. just to make a deal, then selling it off to other dealers before even being picked up.
Yes, that's me but I'm not that sketchy as that is written, trust me. I love the defenders with a passion which is why I acquire them, but I also have severe a.d.h.d. so I will drive them and then move along. The yellow one in that post from MD had a bad carfax so I had my cousin resell it to another dealer. At the time, we weren't an established brick and mortar business like we are today and I also wasn't a dealer at that time either. The situation definitely sounded sketchy but was in fact all true at the time. And buying cars from people you never have nor will meet is extremely dangerous (financially) for both parties. I don't blame the seller for thinking I was a Nigerian Prince as I would've been sketched out also. But at the end of the day he received the funds in full and it worked out.

The AA yellow one with the snorkel yes, was doing a tour of the United States dealer to dealer, and while it was rough, I loved it just the same and in the end, we found the right owner for it as well.

Along with older Porsches, which is what we specialize in, I make it a fact to focus on 1997 NAS Defenders. I only switched over from leaving a high paying & stable career in the city to acquiring & trading fun autos 2 years ago. And this has been a dream come true for a die hard "car guy" such as myself. On one hand we pay very fair prices for our defenders from the sellers and we do invest a good amount on money into the cars. And then when we deliver them to our clients, there are no issues and they are happy and comfortable with their D90.

This exact black defender is now at one of our very good friend's houses here in NY and not just him, but his entire family LOVES the truck. And that's the way it should be.

We're not a fly-by-night pop shop acting as mere "middle men" in transactions, but a dealership that is trying to change all the negative stereotypes of dealers we all have.

And the asking price is simply just the asking price. Whether buying or selling a Defender or any car, please keep that in mind. This price is totally different than actual sale prices. And also, like I originally said, I love having and driving them in the meantime. While it's not the same as having your own Defender that you build a relationship with and keep forever ideally. It is the next best thing.

I invite anyone here to come over and check us out and meet with me personally and challenge you to find anyone else who can't talk your head off about cars nonstop for days on end.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
97, ac