'97 NAS 90 For Sale / Feeler - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old April 23rd, 2015, 01:31 PM
roverguy
Robert
1995 RRC

Registry
I don't understand the criticisms of asking price when theses trucks are selling for higher prices. It's stupid to say that the truck is worth x when a buyer is willing to come pay much more. Congrats on the sale.
2000 DII (SOLD)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 23rd, 2015, 02:09 PM
110fender
devin
1987 110

It's funny that's for sure. Not sure why people don't just keep their mouths shut rather than be dicks. But hey, I've pretty good 'luck' selling trucks the paste few years as a hobby.
Old April 23rd, 2015, 04:12 PM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by 110fender View Post
It's funny that's for sure. Not sure why people don't just keep their mouths shut rather than be dicks. But hey, I've pretty good 'luck' selling trucks the paste few years as a hobby.
Congrats on the sale and thanks for helping bolster the FMV. It's true unfortunately DSource is not typically the place to fetch top dollar.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 23rd, 2015, 05:10 PM
MMC415
Marc C
1997 D90 LE

What is a feeler....

Even though the protocol is not to be negative about someone else's sale thread....I'm always confused by what one means by a "feeler". Are you feeling out the market and therefore asking for feedback on pricing, condition whatever?

When you first posted the thread about a 112K truck with a $55K ask, I thought the board was very respectful and silent which to me was your answer. But it seems like you were pushing pretty hard:

"I'll take this as a 'no interest' here in the board. "

"Showing it tomorrow to someone via eBay. Really no takers here?"

The good news is you sold it "above asking" although I lost track what that was.
Old April 23rd, 2015, 06:42 PM
chuckc4
chuck b

I am glad you got more for it than your ask. The whole weak ass "Feeler" thing just irks me. Put a price on it and let it ride. You obviously know what the market is bringing for Defenders.............. And most of us know the market too.

Sucker for every seat....

------ Follow up post added April 23rd, 2015 06:46 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 110fender View Post
By the way, are we no longer in American? It is free country. In my opinion, your for sale thread became a make an offer thread. Maybe the next time you keep acting like a little kid asking his guardian for candy money I will just post: "Quit being a DICK!"
Old April 23rd, 2015, 06:59 PM
110fender
devin
1987 110

Ha. Good one chuckles. Too bad someone here didn't take the truck. I did well enough on it that i'll even ignore your jab. Looking forward to posting a new feeler next week.
Old April 23rd, 2015, 07:59 PM
curry
brandon curry
Series 1 and 110.

Registry
What'd it sell for?
Old April 23rd, 2015, 08:36 PM
Nomar
Jeff B
RR HNTR,RR LWB Tdi

Registry
Honestly, D90source or "Defender source" should charge Devin/110fender a monthly fee for advertising and selling his trucks here.
I don't recall seeing him ever post anything else but sale threads.

Sorry, and *feeler* threads....

Real Rovers have round headlights!
Rent my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
Just a few miles from 4x4 access!
Old April 24th, 2015, 12:19 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1of40 View Post
Congrats on the sale and thanks for helping bolster the FMV. It's true unfortunately DSource is not typically the place to fetch top dollar.
I think it's mostly because there are a ton of enthusiasts here who not only follow the market, but can also do a simple google search and see that (for example) this truck last sold for $25k on eBay, has since just sat according to Devin (windshield gasket appears to confirm that) and whatever deferred maintenance that might mean,

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...3&d=1429196356

and so he's dealing with people here who are willing to do a little extra leg-work to find a better deal than perhaps those on eBay. Devin seemed to get offended when an offer was sent, but honestly I think a few users here were offended when he bought that other NAS off of eBay one week, and posted it for sale here the next for like $30k more and just used the same eBay pictures. We're enthusiasts, not idiots. Overall I think users have kept pretty quiet here and left Devin's threads alone (hell I've even tried to help him more than a few times now), but he's been sort of poking users with a stick when he posts stuff like wow no one is interested here? My price is so good I'm getting interest from dealers but they'll just flip it so I'm not interested and then gets upset when people send him offers near what was last paid for the same vehicle, calling them dicks, etc.
Old April 24th, 2015, 12:55 PM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
I am 100% sure, and positive that Devon will make a nice donation to D90 as a vendor. I mean lets face it, a bloke who doesn't contribute to the site other than for sale/feeler threads should be considered a Vendor. Even on his own he admits he is a dealer.

Just my thought.
Old April 24th, 2015, 10:05 PM
D90_982
Chad
1994 ST #982 (SOLD)

Guys - this is dumb. Just don't respond to these threads and they'll fizzle out. I hope this is the last response for all of this.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
90, 97, for sale, nas