97 le #127 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old August 2nd, 2011, 11:20 PM
chrisconnie
Adam Hairston
97 LE #127/300

97 le #127

As much as it pains me to do it, I am selling my LE. The particulars are below. Unfortunately, the economy, a growing family and to many projects make it time to sell my beloved 90. The link I have is for pics I took with my iPhone last summer, but nothing has changed. It goes to the detailer and shop next week for cleaning and a mechanical once over and then I will update all my photos. Here are the particulars:

1997 Land Rover Defender LE #127/300

Email or PM me for the VIN.

Pics: http://97defenderle.shutterfly.com/pictures/5

I'm the third owner. Purchased at 18k miles from a co-worker at Microsoft, Redmond WA. The first owner was also a fellow Microsoftie. Since I have owned the truck, it has served me in WA, CA and ID and has been covered, car ported or garaged regularly wherever I have lived. I have the stock bumper, Hella 3000 lights and side steps. 2 Hella 500's at present. The vehicle is essentially stock, with nothing non-reversible altered. However, I do not have the sway bars or stock springs. I guess if you really had to have it back to stock, you could find those for free as somebody's take offs.

$38,500 firm
64.8k miles at present
Standard LE setup:
3.9 V8
Auto
AC
Racks, ladders, diamond plate all added at the factory

Notable Service:
60k completed at British Auto Repair of Napa Valley
New front rotors/pads @56k
New front windshield (Pilkington glass)
New (8k miles) BFG MT KM2's + spare 255/85R16
New serpentine belt

Upgrades:
EE rear spring retainers
OEM rubber spring isolaters
OME 751/764 springs
OME shocks
Rockware front bumper
Rockware front pinion guard
Rockware rear pinion guard
Rockware offset tie rod
Rockware drag link
Superwinch E9.0 with battery disconnects
AB front and rear diff guards
Sony Xplod mini disk deck with amp. 6 speakers with a small box behind the seats. Stock 6 disc changer. See photos.
I have all the original owners manuals and documentation that came with the truck from the showroom. Will post pics.
Original front bumper and sidesteps with diamond plate go with the truck.

Headliner shows some small sags in places, drivers seat base and carpet show some wear. Nothing horrible or in need of attention. The truck is very tight and shows great with nothing unexpected for the milaege and age. It's getting detailed next week and will visit my local shop for a once over. I have serviced the truck regularly and it runs Mobil One synthetic. I would not hesitate to hop in and drive it cross country today. It's rare when I am not asked about it where ever I park it.

I will update the listing with fresh pics when I get it back from detailing and the shop. I will include shots of the side steps and original front bumper.

I am not in a hurry to sell it so don't bother with low ball offers (the price is firm), cashiers cheques from Nigeria or other waste of time specials. Don't ask me to push the sale through Ebay motors or another third party clearing house. If you need to get financing setup, get it in order prior to putting a sale in motion and be ready to show me a pre-approval letter from your financial institution.

If you would like to buy the rear tub, I will seperate, but need to get some pics up and figure out a price. You may contact me at "a underscore hairston at hotmail dot com" or PM me. However, email will be fastest. I am in Boise ID and because of my ridiculous work schedule, personal delivery is really not an option. However, if you want to ship, I will work with your shipper.

PM or email me your questions. This vehicle is going to make someone very happy. It's taken me almost 2 years to pull the trigger on selling it and I know I am going to shed a few tears when I see it drive away. But, it's what needs to happen and I really hope it can go to a fellow enthusiast who will care for it as I have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 3rd, 2011, 11:43 AM
chrisconnie
Adam Hairston
97 LE #127/300

I kind soul pointed out I typo'd the engine info wrong:

I wrote "3.9 V8" should have wrote "4.0 V8".

I apologize for any confusion.

Adam
Old August 13th, 2011, 10:07 AM
chrisconnie
Adam Hairston
97 LE #127/300

Just picked up from the once over at the shop. 2 new power steering lines, 2 new oil cooler lines, new plugs and wires. Good to go mechanically. Fresh pics coming this weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 17th, 2011, 12:13 AM
chrisconnie
Adam Hairston
97 LE #127/300

Some updated photos. Detailing happens next Tuesday.

http://97defenderle.shutterfly.com/pictures/153

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags