Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old July 23rd, 2016, 02:47 PM
spaeth
Craig Spaeth
93 RRC LWB 300TDI

97 Disco w/300 Tdi ready for adventure

I am posting this Discovery for sale for my Dad. He just has not used it as much as he thought. The truck has some scratches and dings as it has been used for what it was built for, exploring off road. The conversion was done by Doug Shipman at Ship's Mechanical in Portland Oregon. It has the 300Tdi with the correct auto transmission for the diesel engine. The original 1.22 transfer case was changed out for a 1.4 ratio Defender transfer case. The engine has the upgraded VNT turbo on it with all Samco style hoses and an Allisport uprated intercooler. There is a Mantec snorkel with all of the connections tightly sealed up for true induction of dry clean air.

The lift is a 3" OME HD with 1" RTE spacer in the rear and stainless brake lines to cover the extra distance. The tires are 235/85 16 Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac with ample tread life left. The front bumper was made by Hard Labor Creek and includes a small pair of driving lights in the bumper and a set of HID driving lights mounted on top. There is also an 8000lb Warn winch built into the bumper with synthetic winch line. The rear bumper is from Safari Gard and the truck is protected by Rockware sliders with nerd bars. The grill is a very cool mesh style Saudi grill.

There is a Detroit locker in the back end with GBR HD axles in the back and a TruTrac limited slip in the front. Heavy duty track and steering rods are tucked up under the aluminum skid plate. RTE castor-corrected radius arms and trailing arms are much heavier duty than stock and keep the steering in line.

The rear brakes are all new including calipers, discs, pads and bearings and the fronts are Defender brakes which offer about twice the stopping power of the stock Disco brakes.

Included in the sale would be the Hannibal roof rack and Hannibal side and rear awnings. These are free standing awnings that don't need any tie downs or poles when extended.

This truck was pretty much built up by Jason Rose and my Dad has had it for many years. He has kept up on all of the maintenance items. There are a few things that could use attention like a small oil leak (very small by Rover standards), the drivers side door locks will fall back down when you go to open the door so you need to use the key, and the alarm sometimes goes off when locked with the key fob. On my Range Rover with 300Tdi I changed out my Rover lock solenoids with aftermarket and bypassed another Brittish computer.

The truck runs and drives well. I almost forgot the interior is cloth and it has the heavy duty canvas seat covers over all of the seats. The front seats are manually controlled and there are no sunroofs to leak. The headliner does sag a little. There are egt, oil pressure and boost gauges on the pillar but the boost gauge has never been hooked up. The Disco has 145,000 miles on it.

The Disco will be at my place one hour east of Portland Oregon in White Salmon WA.

Oh yeah the price $18,000 o.b.o. you could not come close to building this rig for this money. This is not some project just completed and not tested. It has been used in this configuration for many adventures and is ready for many more. I can be reached at 509.Six3Seven.Zero3Seven1

Would love to see this go to a person who would use it for it's intended purpose.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0937.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	181.9 KB
ID:	154362   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0938.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	158.0 KB
ID:	154363  

Name:	IMG_0940.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	149.1 KB
ID:	154364   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0944.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	151.3 KB
ID:	154365  

Name:	IMG_0946.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	154366   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0949.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	154367  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 23rd, 2016, 07:40 PM
LuisC
Luis Constantin
98 Disvovery 1 LE

Registry
I like that front bumper.
GLWS
Advertisement

Old July 24th, 2016, 08:50 AM
Bostondave
Dave
None

Great looking truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 24th, 2016, 09:51 AM
cdb
Clark Bowen
1969 Series 2a/OM617 Bugeye 88"

I'd suggest some interior and engine compartment pictures too.
Doug Shipman does exceptional work - for anyone that doesn't know who he is.
Old July 24th, 2016, 10:21 AM
jrose609
Jason Rose
1983 110 County 200tdi

Registry
I miss this truck.............
Old July 24th, 2016, 10:28 AM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose609 View Post
I miss this truck.............
ha! I bet! I find myself trading with my 17yo and driving his d1 on a regular basis. d1's rock too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old July 24th, 2016, 11:18 AM
jrose609
Jason Rose
1983 110 County 200tdi

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1of40 View Post
ha! I bet! I find myself trading with my 17yo and driving his d1 on a regular basis. d1's rock too.
They are so comfortable. Quiet. Capable. Took me four years to get this truck to where it's at. Buying, selling, installing, and swapping parts. I've had this truck is some crazy spots in Moab. i didn't have to trailer it to get it to Moab either. It will cruise 70-75 down the freeway and then idle putt-putt over just about anything in its way.

------ Follow up post added July 24th, 2016 10:19 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisC View Post
I like that front bumper.
GLWS
Denny Doler built it for me. I told him what I wanted and designed it myself. The bumper is super-stout and good looking
Old July 24th, 2016, 11:33 AM
RBBailey
RBBailey
1965 IIa

Registry
This makes me miss my D1.

I've got some pics of this truck on my Flickr page someplace.

1965 IIa SWB
1988 Saudi 110 (soon to be 300tdi)
Old July 24th, 2016, 02:08 PM
spaeth
Craig Spaeth
93 RRC LWB 300TDI

I will try and get some interior pics up soon. I have been using it for some trail work days so it is full of tools right now. The underside is impressive as well. I will get some more detailed pics up.

I have Jason's other truck, a 93 LWB RRC with 300Tdi. My Dad offered me his but my RRC suits my needs better. This D1 is crazy capable off road, really makes things easier than they should be and is quite comfortable to drive on the road. I hate to split the two trucks up as it has been fun keeping them in the family, but I can't really justify two.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
300 tdi, 97, disco, tdi