Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old January 26th, 2010, 11:53 PM
oldscratchggf
nate
95 d90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stmpede View Post
I know nothing about your G4, or the asking price, but if the only thing holding up your sale is a leaking rear main, why not just take care of it? It is more than likely just the cross seals and wont cost you more than a few bucks and a couple hours.
*sorry to hijack for a moment

Well, there are a few considerations- first off, I would argue that I have the car very reasonably priced relative to the G4 market as is (12k), and second, I am in no hurry to sell it. Put those two factors together, and I do not feel a need to eat $1500 on it. The only REAL motivation I would have to sell it now is this D90 project, but $1500 would be a rather substantial amount relative to the $15k I would put into this project.

As for doing it myself, I have neither the space nor the proper tools (locally).
Advertisement

Old January 26th, 2010, 11:55 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

how many miles on the pumpkin?
Old January 26th, 2010, 11:56 PM
oldscratchggf
nate
95 d90

66xxx miles
Advertisement

Old January 27th, 2010, 01:16 AM
phoenix37
john
97 D90 ST / 1957 S1 109/ 1983 LS110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roving Beetle View Post
Personally I'm waiting for California to be a lot closer to Maine! :D
If it was closer to Maine we'd be fighting over it. I dont have the room here to take on this kind of project but id happily stick it in my barn in Maine to rebuild. Im still trying to find time to drive down and see if there is anyway to pull it off.
Old January 27th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldscratchggf View Post
*sorry to hijack for a moment

Well, there are a few considerations- first off, I would argue that I have the car very reasonably priced relative to the G4 market as is (12k), and second, I am in no hurry to sell it. Put those two factors together, and I do not feel a need to eat $1500 on it. The only REAL motivation I would have to sell it now is this D90 project, but $1500 would be a rather substantial amount relative to the $15k I would put into this project.

As for doing it myself, I have neither the space nor the proper tools (locally).
I didn't mean to lose the $1500, I meant you could repair it very inexpensively and get your full asking price. That being said, I totally know what it's like when you don't have your tools handy. I spent 3 years in CO that I had to pay a shop to do stuff I normally would have done myself at home.

Good Luck with both your Sales!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
90, 97, 97 d90, d90