'97 D90 Arles NAS, 23K (37km), close to perfect, bone stock time capsule - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old April 21st, 2016, 10:54 AM
Raven81
Todd
1997 NAS D90

And you being in Boston know this how? Me being overseas, can tell you straight up that there are NAS Defenders here, sold by LR, that are full up NAS w/ mph speedos and stickers exactly like the vehicles imported by LRNA.

I hate to burst your bubble but your wrong. But hey, even the dealers that sold them swore it wasn't true until we showed them the vehicles and we pulled up all the warranty data. Hmmmm...a 4000 mile warranty claim? Yea, funny huh, that's what happens when you have a mph speedo. Don't be naive and believe the "true" NAS D90s as you call them, were only sold in US and Canada, ain't so!

And again, your terminoligy is flawed as well. Again, technically there is no such thing as Japanese/Saudi Spec. LR never had options, codes, or specs in 95-97 for Japanese or Saudi. They only had Euro or NAS on the build sheets and if it was a V8; it says NAS, that's NA "Spec". And then it had a destination code which changed some minor things.

But if you've never seen a build sheet or been out of the US; stop believing everything you read from so called experts. Oh, and I can provide documentation and photos, write a novel on the subject, but we really need to do this elsewhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 21st, 2016, 11:13 AM
Chicosalgueiro
F. Salgueiro
2000 Defender 110 SW Td5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven81 View Post
And you being in Boston know this how? Me being overseas, can tell you straight up that there are NAS Defenders here, sold by LR, that are full up NAS w/ mph speedos and stickers exactly like the vehicles imported by LRNA.

I hate to burst your bubble but your wrong. But hey, even the dealers that sold them swore it wasn't true until we showed them the vehicles and we pulled up all the warranty data. Hmmmm...a 4000 mile warranty claim? Yea, funny huh, that's what happens when you have a mph speedo. Don't be naive and believe the "true" NAS D90s as you call them, were only sold in US and Canada, ain't so!

And again, your terminoligy is flawed as well. Again, technically there is no such thing as Japanese/Saudi Spec. LR never had options, codes, or specs in 95-97 for Japanese or Saudi. They only had Euro or NAS on the build sheets and if it was a V8; it says NAS, that's NA "Spec". And then it had a destination code which changed some minor things.

But if you've never seen a build sheet or been out of the US; stop believing everything you read from so called experts. Oh, and I can provide documentation and photos, write a novel on the subject, but we really need to do this elsewhere.
Im not going to escalate this. I don't claim to be an expert.

But to discuss this politely:
1) The NAS with mph speedos, side markers and the LRNA stickers (3 1994 NAS soft tops and a 1997 green SW (ECR had a picture long ago here in the forum)) I have seen in Dubai were all exported from the US to Dubai.
2) I used spec between quotes for that specific reason.

I can absolutely be wrong.

Francisco
Old April 21st, 2016, 11:17 AM
1SIKROVER
Ken
97NAS

Thanks for the 411 guys...such a wealth of info here! dendrite, my apologies for "cluttering" your FS thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 21st, 2016, 11:24 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Oh, and I can provide documentation and photos, write a novel on the subject, but we really need to do this elsewhere.
I can move it after the fact. You should be providing these photos and documents here no matter what since this is an enthusiast forum that likes info such as this. There is another thread that Chip started to document NAS in other markets.
Old April 21st, 2016, 11:44 AM
dendrite
John
97/D90 #147

Registry
Wow, I have to check in more often!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjahx View Post
Does look to have the two power window switches in the center dash section as often fitted to Japanese Spec trucks.

GLWS regardless.
Yes, PW switches are there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Woops sorry dendrite did this vehicle sell? If not, we can move this convo elsewhere.
Not yet.
Old April 21st, 2016, 11:49 AM
Raven81
Todd
1997 NAS D90

I apologize if I sounded harsh, not my intent at all, just trying to inform folks.

And yes ECR is a wealth of knowledge indeed. But they aren't 100% in they're information. Neither is LRNA. And I will tell you that even LRUK doesn't know where they went. They only know what they know. And their records are terrible. In addition, all their records are by European Economic Codes (EECs); and not VINs. And all Defenders have both.

And last; I'm not referring to Defenders imported from the US. I'm referring to vehicles sold by LR dealers here.

But absolutely there are NAS Defenders here that we're imported here from the US. A freind of mine recently found a 1993 D110 in a wherehouse with the Florida title on the dash. But that's classified...Ha!

It's all good! And again, sorry if I fuffled some feathers.
Old April 21st, 2016, 04:05 PM
lithium1330
Chris
'97 SW NAS 4.6

Registry
@Raven, we're all very passionate about these trucks and want to help others become an owner. So, we all try to help, passionately.

About registering & titling a car in Florida,... I lived in FL for 10 years, and it's prob one of the few states with most relaxed rules. Some joke you can title a bicycle in FL, and considering the FL DMV doesn't inspect the car when you title and register it, and there is no subsequent mechanical, emission inspections, ever... that joke doesn't seem too far fetch anymore.
Long story short, a clear FL title does not guarantee you'll be able to register that car or bike in other states.

Good luck with sale to the OP. It's a great car for someone.
Old April 21st, 2016, 09:41 PM
Olde Lode Lane
Nat From Africa
'86 110 SW RHD

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
Where are all the " I want an Arles Blue Defender" fans?
RIGHT HERE!

But waaaaaay outside my price range...
Old April 21st, 2016, 10:16 PM
Paul K
Paul Kennington
'85 Ninety V8 SW

Registry
FWIW there is an ad on the Portland (the CORRECT one in Oregon) Craigslist where someone is looking for a Defender. You might give him a shout. I tried to email him a link to this thread but no luck...
Old April 21st, 2016, 10:27 PM
geoellis
George
1995 D90 #2904 - BB

Quote:

Out of curiosity, what's your connection to Land Rover? Seriously, you sound knowledgeable, so curious minds want to know.
Old May 1st, 2016, 08:26 PM
dendrite
John
97/D90 #147

Registry
Any interest?
Old May 1st, 2016, 09:08 PM
CJ's FJ
CJ
1985 90

Registry
Were you able to take additional photos?
Old May 6th, 2016, 05:27 PM
dendrite
John
97/D90 #147

Registry
Happy hour bump!
Old May 6th, 2016, 05:39 PM
mpodgorski
martin
'94 D90 ST Arles

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ's FJ View Post
Were you able to take additional photos?
It must be still raining...
Old May 6th, 2016, 05:43 PM
dendrite
John
97/D90 #147

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpodgorski View Post
It must be still raining...
lol, no just been preparing for a household move.
Old May 7th, 2016, 06:34 PM
dendrite
John
97/D90 #147

Registry
Okay, for those waiting for photos before they make their move, here you go!

I just don't see how it gets much better than this D90, if you're looking for an "off the assembly line" stock unit.
Old May 7th, 2016, 09:46 PM
WatchTimes
Jeremy
None yet

This is my dream truck!
Gorgeous...
What a shame my budget does not match.
It's a heck of a truck and a fair price.
Old May 11th, 2016, 07:49 PM
Mike Kerns
Mike Kerns
1965 Series 2a

Quote:
Originally Posted by dendrite View Post
I really don't think you'll find another one this pristine, but you might. There's always going to be doubters, but you'll have to see for yourself. I will take it to any mechanic of your choosing to have it checked. The ONLY thing I see is a slight, I mean slight drip from the oil pan, otherwise bone dry. The only thing I know of that's not stock is the OEM ladder, radio and stainless door bolts. This was imported thru Canada, and I do not know the history, but likely of Japanese decent. It has full documentation and is registered in Texas. Also have the original build sheet that was found in the rear panel. I think it has been kept indoors it's whole life including the year I have owned it. Upgrading home, hence the sale.
If you've been in the market for a garage queen '97 then I promise you will not be disappointed.

$72,500

Once it quits raining, I'l take some additional photos.

Still available?
Old May 11th, 2016, 07:54 PM
dendrite
John
97/D90 #147

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kerns View Post
Still available?
Yes Mike. My guess is there are a lot of owners that frequent this site, just not a lot of buyers, as they already have what they want. An outstanding unit, priced very fairly.
Old May 11th, 2016, 09:07 PM
Mike Kerns
Mike Kerns
1965 Series 2a

Thanks John..
Where is the truck located?
I'm out in Venice Beach..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
90, 97, 97 d90, d90, nas