'96 70k mile D-I Eco Challenge restored - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old March 15th, 2016, 08:29 AM
rovertrader
Dale
Tithonus 110, D-90, 109 S/T 5-door

'96 70k mile D-I Eco Challenge restored

When was the last time you were able to purchase a brand new Discovery Series I - much less an event truck? This Discovery spent it's life in Las Vegas following the event in British Columbia back in 1996. The good news is there is ZERO rust at all, anywhere, and only 70k miles!! The bad news is the sun took it's toll on the paint and the interior - even bushings and plastic out of the sun were brittle. So, being a sucker for LRSV vehicles, I bought it, had the entire Disco sanded and paint refreshed, all new graphics made and installed, even a newer dash, steering wheel, etc were replaced. Might as well do a new headliner to complete the interior - even added D-II cupholders and a newer nicer console, as well as a new stereo head unit and speakers! Mechanically, all new bushings front to back, new TREs, new HD steering components, new brakes, new tires, new +2" springs and shocks, etc, etc. Maintenance? How about all new fresh fluids, new water pump, new serpentine belt, etc. So, basically a new D-1 with no sunroof - and did I mention new seals to the rear windows ( all three) as well as new rear door seal! To add to the list of goodies, I installed a factory TReK winch mount and CT style brush bar (the original light duty wrap around style is also included with the truck), and fresh Hella 5000s up front as per original!! Not enough, well I have brand new RTE sliders with integrated side steps and a brand new RTE rear bumper with nerf bars available at extra cost.
$19,950
Additional pics at: Vehicles for Sale - The RVR Barn
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0741.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	193.8 KB
ID:	144975  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 15th, 2016, 10:24 AM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
You are killing me :-)
Old March 15th, 2016, 10:33 AM
rovertrader
Dale

Did I mention partial Sea Doo trades accepted?! And a Disco accomidates us bigger guys better than a Defender ;-)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 18th, 2016, 09:32 AM
Willh
Will Hedrick
Use to own NAS #96, #1778, & #1008

Registry
Great looking early XD!

Please feel free to visit my website at:

Quote:
Willh is the F'n man! Defender of the Defenders! - Overlander
Old March 26th, 2016, 06:49 PM
rovertrader
Dale

Deposit received

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles