'95 TWR RRC, black 113K miles and VERY nice. - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old August 20th, 2010, 06:24 PM
Roving Beetle
Doug
Many come and go - and leak fluids.

'95 TWR RRC, black 113K miles and VERY nice.

So - I have only had it a few months... not sure who wins the prize for guessing how long I'd have her!?

Wifey would like me to have a Defender and I must admit I want one too, have for a long time.

This RRC is WAY too nice for me and I have had several thoughts of motor swaps, custom bumpers etc and the rare beast TWR is simply too nice, unique and solid to do anything like that to.

Here's a link to the post where I bought her and some great pics the previous owner took: http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...eferrerid=5070

The previous owner Art Vigil is a hell of a good guy and the truck has been a "no surprises" truck. She goes great, runs perfectly and I would drive it across country *again* tomorrow. It DOES need a power steering line repaired and I will be doing that asap. Also just as when I bought her the ABS light comes on once in a while and I have not looked into why. I will do so asap.

I want to sell the truck as complete and 100% ready as possible. AC, cruise, all windows, seats, etc work great. Seat heaters do not but the lights come on in the switches just as when Art sold her to me. The seats are in very good shape with only minor wear for the year as seen in the pics Art took in his post. I do have a set of front and rear brand new seats, yes brand new leather with new heaters too. Can go with the truck for the right deal otherwise i will donate them to someone who needs them. The truck doesn't *need* the new seats.... but they are nice!

I can have the minor rust bubbles on the tailgate by the plate lights repaired before the sale but I'd rather a new owner see it at least in pics before I do - I don't want to "cover up" anything. Things will be repaired properly of course. Or I can let the buyer deal with it if desired.

Most service stuff was done "just because" but: I have fixed the cruise, done a trans service, oil changes of course (synthetic), flushed the brake lines, added a trailer wire plug, new wiper blades, cleaned the intake, put synthetic in the diffs, put $750 in tires on it, flushed the cooling system, installed a nice clean looking (no flashing lights and such) aftermarket stereo with bluetooth and Iphone hook up etc. integrated into the stock HK system and NOT hacked. Other stuff I am forgetting. The headliner is excellent less the sunroof sliding panel sagging a little but I will try and get that back to 100% asap as well.

Couple minor dings, some slightly faded paint on the hood but minimal. I can take pics of anything and everything on the truck. Also video available of anything. She cleans up VERY well.

As seen in the post where i bought the truck, I paid $7400 for it and then got it back to the East coast $$$ and then everything I've done with tires $$$ etc. I am just looking to get my $$ back and make it worth the effort - truck MUST go to a good home! I will not give her away and do not have to sell. However if you will love her... she can come home with you. $15K cash.

Ha, kidding....Make me a reasonable offer, part trades possible for anything interesting! Also trade plus $$ for a NAS D90, or trade for *CLEAN* ROW D90.

I can personally deliver most anywhere and am happy to help with shipping too.
PM or email me for more pics (one below is terrible I know, but it's a pic!) and a phone number to chat if you're serious.

Thanks,
Doug.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030443.jpg
Views:	773
Size:	164.1 KB
ID:	30279  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 20th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
What is the prize for guessing the date? *LMAO*

And that depends if 04-10 when you actually bought it ( per Art's SOLD ) or april 14 when you picked her up?

BTW same post on D-web
Old August 20th, 2010, 07:29 PM
Jpayne
Jeff Payne
'83 110 3 Door

Registry
That link was acting funny.
This should work for more pics.
Nice truck!

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=24948
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 21st, 2010, 01:16 PM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
Doug,check your PMs

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"
1968 2A 88

All my troubles are Rover
Old August 22nd, 2010, 11:10 AM
Roving Beetle
Doug

Some questions I have received:

Tires are 265-75-16 Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor, less than 1000 miles. They *just* rub the front edge of the side skirts but are OK ~~ 245-75-16 would fit better. I would love to keep the 265's for my plow truck so if someone is interested I can swap some brand new tires *of your choice* in 245's on before the sale?

Motor runs perfectly, no issues at all other than the power steering line mentioned. No leaks to speak of, zero coolant issues. Trans shifts perfectly and the brakes are very solid.

The only real rust on the truck is on the brackets that hold the side skirts on (not on the actual truck) and easy to repair. There are a couple bubbles right above the license plate lights and near the tail lights. Both spots are minor and NOT spreading (advantage of a western mountain dry air truck!) Some slight blisters on the inner fenders where the ABS pump bolts on etc. VERY minor and have been scraped and sealed with Wurth Rust Guard paint (like POR15 but better - really) The pass side rear door sill corner upper inner fender typical area was crusty. I have taken it back to good metal and sealed it with the same Wurth Paint. I did NOT weld in a patch yet - again, I'd rather have someone see it before the sale. Just as the tail gate bubbles the rust has NOT spread like it would in a salt air/winter salt roads area. All of this is a VERY easy repair and I am happy to do it before delivery to a new owner.

The floors have a sound deadening material (thin rubbery stuff) on most of them under the stock foam crap. No smells, not musty or damp and the carpets are very good overall. The rear carpet to tailgate vinyl joint is decent but has a couple gaps. Trim around the tailgate handle/carpet is missing. The tabs to lift the gate by are there and fine. Cargo boxes are excellent as is the parcel shelf. Upper lift gate is excellent with only very very very minor corrosion that disappear with a little touch up paint. Wiper works, heater works, heated front screen works.

Front windshield is a bit pitted but OK. Has a small crack on the pass side down low from a stone that has been filled by a glass shop. All functions on dash work less the air suspension (converted to 2 inch lift coils and OME shocks) the complete air system is still in place other than the air-bags themselves.

Magnaflow stainless steel exhaust from the cat-back that sounds great!

Full size brand new spare (235-85-16 BFG AT)

TWR wheels are excellent with no scratches I've noticed.

There is a *small* amount of play in the front transfer case output bearing and you can just feel a little vibration when coasting at higher speeds. Very slight, but I wouldn't want to not disclose it. Some people may not even feel it.

Recently noticed the drivers seat memory buttons do not work so it needs that looked at asap.

Can't stress enough that I want to have a full disclosure and no disappointments - this truck is NOT a perfect *show* truck but to 95% of the people out there they'd think it was. I constantly get thumbs up and compliments everywhere I go with it. It is a NICE SOLID CLEAN "driver" that could certainly be brought to show standards with a little paint work and detailing.

The big question of price: Depends on if someone wants me to fix the little paint details and such or not or any of the other minor stuff? I have a lot invested in it and just want to see it go to a good home and not lose any real $$ - my time is a wash and it's been a fun truck to have and a great road-trip from Denver to Maine!

If she doesn't sell by the end of October or so I will put her in the shop (away from the salt/sand of Maine winter roads) and do a full restoration over the winter. Most likely she'l then go to Ebay for silly $$. Personally I'd rather see someone enjoy her as a "driver".

Doug
Old August 22nd, 2010, 08:06 PM
Roving Beetle
Doug

To several of you interested who have PM'ed and emailed and waiting on more pics and phone calls, I will be on the road tomorrow from 6:30 am till noon or so, then sitting around for a while in Mass while so I can make/take calls for a bit.

To those who want a call please email me directly so I have your number or I will give you mine if you'd like. My cell is CRAP around here but should be A-1 near Boston where I will be for a while.

Thanks!

Doug
Old August 27th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Roving Beetle
Doug

Minor bubbles in the paint and corrosion on tailgate and other small areas being repaired now, painted next week. I may paint the hood as well since the clear coat is a little thin in the middle section.

Brand new battery today as the other one had a dead plate/cell. Warrantied by Interstate.

ABS lights have not come on at all since i cleaned the connections to the power source. May or may not be 100% fixed?

Considering building a custom pull out drawer in the rear as i would love to have one for all my straps and such. Also a place to easily mount my cooler and other camping stuffs. May add some extra marine grade sound deadening under the box as it needs to be spaced up about an inch to clear tailgate when the drawer slides out.

If you can't tell I have decided to just get the truck the way I want it and fixed 100% for myself anyway.... if someone wants to buy it that's cool, but otherwise i am going to "do it up" for myself.

I may even toss the ARB i have in the rear diff.

I'd kind of like an RRC I can wheel with less guilt (just like Art Vigil who I bought this truck from felt) so if someone has a CLEAN solid RRC SWB I'd be interested in a part trade, or if your truck is REALLY nice and fitting out well with lots of goodies maybe we can work a closer to even trade. Still rather a Defender or a later Series.

Doug
Old August 27th, 2010, 06:16 PM
EWR
Carey
1954 CJ-3B

Doug, stop with the crack pipe..... focus.....

You really do not want a series truck You think you do, but I know you're wrong

Buy a freakin 90 and get it over with.

Keep the RRC for yourself because I don't know who would buy it for what you have into it. I mean this in a nice way

Hell, I'll help you boost one just to get it over with.
Old August 27th, 2010, 06:29 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by EWR
Doug, stop with the crack pipe..... focus.....

You really do not want a series truck You think you do, but I know you're wrong

Buy a freakin 90 and get it over with.

Keep the RRC for yourself because I don't know who would buy it for what you have into it. I mean this in a nice way

Hell, I'll help you boost one just to get it over with.
Seriously! Doug, you are the new Horsey. How long has it been now that you've told us you're getting a 90?! I also mean this in the nicest and most sarcastic way, even though you're going to the Cove Campout.
Old August 27th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Roving Beetle
Doug

LOL, thanks guys.

As for the Series truck, it would be a toy.

As for the 90..... well...... I just like them. My guess is it would get old quickly quite honestly but since it would not be a daily driver it would probably keep me entertained just fine.

I am pulling the bumpers and skirts off the RRC this week to touch up the paint and they may stay off a while. I love the truck and love how clean and solid it is so I may just "pussy 4 wheel" it with some custom bumpers and save the TWR stuff in the shop - PURISTS BE DAMNED!! HA!
Old August 27th, 2010, 07:32 PM
bharris
Brad Harris
1994 d90 300tdi "Nola"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Seriously! Doug, you are the new Horsey.
oh no... you can't pass the title that easily...

He isn't buying up D90 goodies ahead of a truck
Old August 27th, 2010, 07:58 PM
phoenix37
john
97 D90 ST / 1957 S1 109/ 1983 LS110

Registry
Doug dont do what I did with my NAS 110. Youll show up to Winter Romp in a truck that is way too nice to be there and instantly regret it. I sold my 110 within a couple weeks of Romp 09. Sell the TWR and buy a 90 before you end up being Horsey II
Old August 27th, 2010, 08:43 PM
EWR
Carey
1954 CJ-3B

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix37 View Post
Doug dont do what I did with my NAS 110. Youll show up to Winter Romp in a truck that is way too nice to be there and instantly regret it. I sold my 110 within a couple weeks of Romp 09. Sell the TWR and buy a 90 before you end up being Horsey II
I wouldn't worry about that. I took Doug wheelin in the RRC and he did just fine. He's a patient skillful driver, and he has enough sense not to put the truck where it does not belong.
Old August 27th, 2010, 08:49 PM
phoenix37
john
97 D90 ST / 1957 S1 109/ 1983 LS110

Registry
Where is the fun in that?
Old August 27th, 2010, 09:19 PM
EWR
Carey
1954 CJ-3B

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix37 View Post
Where is the fun in that?
Read post #10, he even tells you he's a pussy. Just sayin....
Old August 27th, 2010, 09:21 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
Youll seriously miss that Classic, I like my Defender but I love my classic
Old August 28th, 2010, 12:05 AM
Roving Beetle
Doug

Thanks guys.... and I will never be a horsey boy.

One of the reasons I want a D90 (or at least not a clean rare truck) is that I like to *build* my own stuff and can't leave it alone. TDi swaps, axles, brakes and other major custom jobs that let me play with my welder, milling machine or other toys is where it's at for me.

This is why if nothing else i *need* to build a storage unit in the back and carefully remove the bumpers and fab some new ones up myself. I need to play with it. But I already bought great tires for it..... so I am no horsey. LOL.

All in good fun Josh.
Old August 28th, 2010, 06:53 AM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
I dont know why everyone is hung up on TDi swaps build a hot V8 bore and stroke it out to 5 liters weve got plenty of cheap fuel here.
Old August 28th, 2010, 11:11 PM
Roverdoc
Dan Kemper
1997 D90 SW #278

Rrc

Doug...pm'd
Old August 29th, 2010, 07:30 AM
draaronr
Here
LR3

someone buy this beautiful truck before I put my twr for sale

Lower Navigation