'95 TWR RRC, black 113K miles and VERY nice. - Page 5 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old October 17th, 2010, 10:41 AM
grnthng
Luis A. Costa
'93 Range Rover County LWB

Doug, that was my main concern exactly on the 4bt Cummins..... the noise level! Every time I'm next to a FedEx or a UPS bread van I ask myself the same thing, and yes there's thousand's of them out there!
That's why I'm looking for a Jeep Liberty 2.8 CRD or one of those Brazilian built 5cyl. diesels that Mercedes puts in the Sprinters.

Impressive specs though.... can pull GVW 16,000LBS, how many Land Rovers does that equal!

http://www.cumminsdieselspecs.com/4bt.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 18th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Roving Beetle
Doug
Many come and go - and leak fluids.

Cleaning the space in the shop now for the TWR to be restored - last offer to anyone interested.....

$7500 as-is, *not* including the "extras". Can deliver from Maine to Philly/close for minimal $$ over costs. Keep in mind I paid $7400, got it to the east coast from Colorado and have done a bunch of maint. work to her. This price does NOT include the extra parts, but does get you a very very nice running RRC, TWR package solid driver. Extras can be discussed for additional $$. Price is NOT a best offer, VERY FIRM at $7500 as I am losing a large amount of $$ and time at this price.

The only reason for this sale is that I can use the space inside for paying customers and have the option to store a boat in the spot for a decent profit so - I will not allow the RRC to sit outside for the winter.... you see my issue here.

If the weather stays good I may keep driving it this week as there is a get-together of our local Rover Club next weekend and I'd hate to show up to that in a non-Rover LOL. The instant there is a threat of salt on the roads the RRC is going inside to be torn down.

Thanks,
Doug
Old October 26th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Roving Beetle
Doug

Truck will be going on ebay before to long as i am headed to New Zealand for a few months this winter.

Yes yes yes my plans keep changing but I have an offer to work there for the winter so I am taking it. Things are lined up so the RRC needs a new home. I will not give her away and will store it if i have to, but would rather have the free cash and space in the shop.

$7500 FIRM FIRM FIRM cash sale, NEW tires included of your choice, and extra tailgate and seats included. NO HAGGLERS NO OFFERS. Part trades considered but i could use the cash to buy a truck in NZ so..... only trades worth less than $2.5K or so.

Can deliver on the east coast most likely. I am leaving right after the holidays and will be leaving from Colorado (where we spend Christmas). Headed to California next week (Nov 3rd-9th) so I will not be near the truck for that time.

Thanks all,
Doug
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 30th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Roving Beetle
Doug

Headed out to California on Wednesday.

Tailgate is now at the body shop to be sprayed black while we are gone for the week.

Put a new full set of plug wires on her as one had fallen onto the manifold and melted a little, and I hate mismatched stuff. Also got a new ignition amp module as it cut out on me a couple times after being really wet out and after spraying the old one with corrosion block oil it worked fine - figured it was due for a replacement.

Ready to order tires at any point, or I'll knock $500 off the price and toss some "OK" tires on her.

Hell of a good deal on the truck here....... I will be putting her on Ebay when I get back after the 9th of Nov. I really would like to sell as I have booked a ticket to New Zealand so freeing up some $$ would make myself and the wifey happy.
Old October 30th, 2010, 08:54 PM
EWR
Carey
1954 CJ-3B

Just part it you pansy
Old October 30th, 2010, 09:21 PM
Roving Beetle
Doug

Thanks Carey - always helpful.

You could buy it and part it all you want as you probably have just as much time as I do. Ha!
Old November 2nd, 2010, 08:31 PM
toona
Toona
1994 D90

Registry
is it on ebay yet? please share the link when you get around to it.. thx
Old November 2nd, 2010, 10:34 PM
Roving Beetle
Doug

I have a couple interested parties, headed to Cali and when I get back she may go on to Ebay - starting bid will be the price you see here so no "deal" of any sort. The deal is here and now.
Old November 6th, 2010, 12:37 PM
Roving Beetle
Doug

Deposit received. The New Zealand fund grows.

And I now have 90% of the parts (once I pick up the tub from ECR) I need for the D90 build project.

So a diesel Hilux or 80 series LC is in my future in NZ.

Doug
Old November 6th, 2010, 09:17 PM
draaronr
Here
LR3

can I pimp mine on ebay right now for no reserve
Old November 20th, 2010, 02:25 PM
cellulararrest
Chris Snyder
1994 D90 #614 | '07 L322 SC

We were a little worried as Doug pulled into the parking lot and it stalled out a few times on him! After some quick poking around we determined it was most likely ignition amplifier module related.

I decided to brave the 45 minute drive back home regardless (like any rover owner would!). With my fingers crossed the whole way, I made it without issue.

I yanked the amplifier module off my parts truck and put it in this morning. Hopefully that will have cured it! Now to address the coolant thermostat, door rattle, and ABS/TC light and she'll be almost perfect!

Now the rust protection process begins.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0659.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	146.8 KB
ID:	33328   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0660.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	33329  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0661.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	33330  
Old November 20th, 2010, 02:33 PM
cellulararrest
Chris Snyder

Also, Doug. Here's a link to a .torrent of that show I mentioned to you: http://torrents.thepiratebay.org/346...84.TPB.torrent

You can probably find it on youtube or something as well. I bet it'll be great inspiration for your build!
Old November 20th, 2010, 04:34 PM
cellulararrest
Chris Snyder

Hood oxidation is buffing out nicely. Really improves the look.
Old November 20th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Art Vigil
Arthur Vigil
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellulararrest View Post
We were a little worried as Doug pulled into the parking lot and it stalled out a few times on him! After some quick poking around we determined it was most likely ignition amplifier module related.

I decided to brave the 45 minute drive back home regardless (like any rover owner would!). With my fingers crossed the whole way, I made it without issue.

I yanked the amplifier module off my parts truck and put it in this morning. Hopefully that will have cured it! Now to address the coolant thermostat, door rattle, and ABS/TC light and she'll be almost perfect!

Now the rust protection process begins.
Sounds like a real POS. Probably a bunch of other hidden problems too and that body kit looks like it's made for a Honda Accord. I'll offer $2K to take that fugly thing off your hands.
Seriously, when do you want me to come get it?
~Art

(Hope you enjoy the vehicle Chris, I sure miss it)
'95 RRC - 3.9V8 Rimmer Supercharged!
'72 Series III 88" NADA Turner 2.25 petrol (Lovely Rita)
'95 RRC Brooklands/TWR Edition 3.9V8
'97 D90SW NAS #2426 - 3.9V8 Rimmer Supercharged!
'95 D90ST NAS#2620 - Original owner
Old November 20th, 2010, 05:53 PM
ArmyRover
Bill Ski
83 110 "Frankenstein"

Yay I won the pool on dweb for how long Doug would own that RRC

Unknown Author

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
716-898-8153
Old November 20th, 2010, 11:04 PM
Roving Beetle
Doug

So glad she made it home for you - she's a GREAT truck and she will be missed greatly. Your old Great Divide Edition truck is keeping me company but it sure is a different beast.

I did spend a few hours today going over the GDE... found a bunch of little stuff with cracked and loose vac lines, couple bad plug wires, cap not seating right, intake air leak, dirty MAF from a POS K&N filter... running VERY solid now. I then spent quite a while behind a 8 inch buffer and some seriously heavy duty compound then some sealer wax with the porter cable polisher - she looks *pretty* good now! Really very presentable overall. Tomorrow will be her day to get fluids checked over and see which wheel bearing it is that is about to seize up in the rear end. It's loud!

So Army-Bill do you want to take bets again on this one? I plan to make her a nice solid driver/trail slut and then most likely when the D100 hybrid gets close to being "done" she will find a new home...... unless someone locally sees me driving it next week and makes an offer. LOL.

Again, Chris I am glad she treated you well - take care of her and she will you! Just don't drive through Kansas with any contraband on board as it's a cop magnet there. Ha!

------ Follow up post added November 20th, 2010 11:11 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vigil View Post
Sounds like a real POS. Probably a bunch of other hidden problems too and that body kit looks like it's made for a Honda Accord. I'll offer $2K to take that fugly thing off your hands.
Seriously, when do you want me to come get it?
~Art

(Hope you enjoy the vehicle Chris, I sure miss it)
NICE Art! I took a hit on the price of it for sure - but I don't *think* he'll go for the offer.

She is a great truck and I too will really miss her I am sure. However the New Zealand trip needed a little padding in the funds, the Defender build can progress slowly and Chris will certainly take very good care of her.
Old November 20th, 2010, 11:28 PM
Art Vigil
Arthur Vigil
None

Hahaha, hey Doug I had to try! That will always be one of the best vehicles I've ever owned. It'll take me a while to get my current RRC up to that level.

Have a blast in NZ and thanks for taking care of the girl while you had her!

Chris, let me know when you're ready to send her back home and send pictures once in a while.

Best to all,

Art Vigil
'95 RRC - 3.9V8 Rimmer Supercharged!
'72 Series III 88" NADA Turner 2.25 petrol (Lovely Rita)
'95 RRC Brooklands/TWR Edition 3.9V8
'97 D90SW NAS #2426 - 3.9V8 Rimmer Supercharged!
'95 D90ST NAS#2620 - Original owner
Old November 21st, 2010, 12:02 AM
Emerson00
Matt J.
None at the moment

Any leads on comparable RRCs? Quality of first importance, no basket cases, clean, potential daily driver. "No" rust as far as possible. I may be looking to get into another Rover.
Old November 21st, 2010, 09:49 AM
Roving Beetle
Doug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerson00 View Post
Any leads on comparable RRCs? Quality of first importance, no basket cases, clean, potential daily driver. "No" rust as far as possible. I may be looking to get into another Rover.
Contact Aaron Richardet who posted here in this thread as he has a nice TWR as well and it's for sale if i recall.

Also there was another one floating around in white recently (not a TWR of course)

They are out there but they are rare for sure.

Doug
Old November 21st, 2010, 09:55 AM
ini88
Daniel Marcello
Alloy+Grit Creative Director

Post up that GDE

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
95, ac